FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518348 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3885 on: Sep 05, 2020, 01:41 PM »
Man wish I was closer. Miss tossing those things...... Looks great.... :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Mac Attack

« Reply #3886 on: Sep 05, 2020, 03:34 PM »
Nice pits Bob

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3887 on: Sep 05, 2020, 05:00 PM »
Put those in about 5 years ago. They’ve seen some epic matches. I even remember a few of them.....sort of. 

Mostly its for Father and Son time. But, the neighbors occasionally join in. That’s always entertaining.

Bob

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #3888 on: Sep 05, 2020, 06:45 PM »
Made up 7 more qts of salsa today.
Kept 2 gave the other 5 to friend.
(He brought the ingredients and wanted to learn)
I tried to give him all 7 but he wasn’t having any of it.  He insisted Donna and I keep some.

He’s a great guy.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #3889 on: Sep 05, 2020, 10:14 PM »
We started shutting down some of the gardens today. Cherry and roma tomatoes are done along with the pole beans and cucumbers. It's that time of year.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3890 on: Sep 06, 2020, 03:37 AM »
I’ve been gradually doing final harvest. Cut bunches of basil yesterday. Black Opal, Cinnamon, Lemon (our new favorite) and Thai and hung them to start drying. Once they wilt down I’ll strip the leave a and flowers and hang them in paper bags to dry completely.
A couple of our tomato plants are close to being done. It’s definitely winding down.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3891 on: Sep 06, 2020, 06:32 AM »
 My cucumbers are done , beans are going strong , the tomatoes are on their last legs ,
  Still clipping rosemary, chives , Italian oregano,  , mint ,curled parsley ,Garden sage ,thyme   i replanted some dill which is up about 5”s

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #3892 on: Sep 06, 2020, 07:52 AM »
Cucumbers, peppers and sweet 100’s are going strong, pulled 2 Roma tomatoes yesterday and 3 bean plants. Love this time of year, but hate to see the growing season come to an end!

filetandrelease

« Reply #3893 on: Sep 06, 2020, 08:01 AM »

Glad to hear pirate I can’t complain I picked my first tomato July 7 right along with some cukes, , got some sauce put up along with pickles , beans in the freezer , and they will produce till a good frost

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3894 on: Sep 06, 2020, 10:04 AM »
Have a pot of Marinara going on the stove. Picked a bunch of San Marzano this morning. Tossed in a few other varieties that were ready too. Sure smells good .

Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3895 on: Sep 07, 2020, 06:43 PM »

Pretty much cleaned out the garden tonight, still a few peppers and cherry tomatos, along with the brussles, but its basically a wrap. Very pleased with the season, 2nd with the raised beds completely organic. Already have 9 pints, 1/2 gallon and 6 quarts of pickles done, time for sauce, some hot sauce, dilly beans and doms zuchinni relish. Oh and more pickles and dehydrated peppers.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3896 on: Sep 07, 2020, 07:42 PM »
Congrats on a great season, enjoy!

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3897 on: Sep 07, 2020, 08:23 PM »
Congrats on a great season, enjoy!
Thank you Sir.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3898 on: Sep 08, 2020, 05:48 AM »
Nice job Ed..   :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

icefisher47

« Reply #3899 on: Sep 08, 2020, 06:04 AM »
Congratulations on a great season.
Take a kid fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.