FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518066 times)

Perch-Pirate

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4305 on: Jul 09, 2021, 07:14 PM »
That’s perfect! Let you plant them, water them, grow them and then someone just shows up and buys them…all ready and ripe…LOL

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4306 on: Jul 10, 2021, 04:51 AM »
Did 250 tomatoes in hangers and about 25 left…
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4307 on: Jul 10, 2021, 06:46 AM »
That’ll help pay for the replacement greenhouse.
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4308 on: Jul 10, 2021, 06:50 AM »
Yeah. Frame has been up for a couple months..  We have been waiting on the plastic to enclose it and finish the inside..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4309 on: Jul 15, 2021, 05:31 AM »
I might pick a peck of peppers for the freezer today..  ;D
 Last of the ones in the greenhouse I have been nursing.  ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4310 on: Jul 15, 2021, 09:53 AM »
Think I’m ok for garlic this year….

Better  crop than last year. About 115 heads. BIG heads. I’ll let it dry for a couple weeks and then put it into storage.

Got a few bonus Norland Red taters that popped up in the garlic beds. I rotated the beds and you never get all the potatoes you plant.

Put in two varieties of green beans and heirloom wax beans. Tomatoes are starting to ripen up. Had to give the asparagus a bit of a haircut. It was getting so I couldn’t get down the path in the garden.

Did a bunch of pruning and weeding around the flower beds to spruce them up a bit. Glad I got. Lot done early. It’s gonna be a hot one today.

I’ve got a dozen or so heads left from last year. I was thinking about putting them in the ground to possibly harvest this fall.

Anyone ever try that?
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4311 on: Jul 15, 2021, 12:33 PM »
Looks great…..
For a retired electrician, wood worker, fly tier, rod builder, bobber maker, ring master and everything else.   List is to long… 8).   ;D:rotflol: :rotflol:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4312 on: Jul 15, 2021, 01:04 PM »
Ha! Longer than you know.

So I took a shot and planted a dozen heads from last years crop. I stuck them in the ground whole in between the beans. They were starting to sprout and getting kind of soft. Still taste great but, I figure I have an ample new supply. So…what the hey.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4313 on: Jul 15, 2021, 01:15 PM »
Looks great…..
For a retired electrician, wood worker, fly tier, rod builder, bobber maker, ring master and everything else.   List is to long… 8).   ;D:rotflol: :rotflol:

Forgot carp-catcher!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4314 on: Jul 15, 2021, 01:33 PM »
Sure glad you spelled carp right.

My Son says I’ve become a “Steward of the Golf Course”. Guess I can add that to the list too.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4315 on: Jul 15, 2021, 01:43 PM »
Forgot carp-catcher!

Yeah . My fingers were getting tired trying to finish the list…. ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4316 on: Jul 19, 2021, 02:09 PM »
So…last Thursday I went after weeds and some out of control stuff around my raised beds and plantings. By Friday afternoon I had a rash on my chest and arms. By Saturday it spread to my neck and one foot.

There’s no poison ivy, oak or sumac anywhere near my garden. Something I pulled out of the ground caused this rash which worsened on Sunday. Now I’m having to use cortisone cream and taking Zyrtec . It’s kind of status quo right now. Not worse…not really better. Red rash, a few blisters and an ever presence. Haven’t had anything like this since I was a kid running through the woods all day.

Thank heavens it’s only my upper body and one foot rather than the lower regions ( heaven help me)

Doc says it could take 3 weeks to resolve.

OYE! AGAIN

Bartman44

« Reply #4317 on: Jul 19, 2021, 03:40 PM »
That's a bummer, wonder what it was.  Poison Ivy and I don't get along at all. I've had really bad bouts over the years so I know the pain.  Feel better.

Bart 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4318 on: Jul 19, 2021, 03:57 PM »
Thanks bud.
I can’t identify the particular plant. But, several weeks ago I did a bit of weeding and had some reaction on my forearms. Didn’t think about it too much until this bout.

Doc said double down on the Zyrtec for a few days. It’s that or steroid shots and To me that’s a last resort. Sometimes these things have to run their course.

I’m pretty leathered…..I’ll get through it.

camet5

« Reply #4319 on: Jul 19, 2021, 05:12 PM »
You could have gotten into some wild parsnip.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.