FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 517882 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4590 on: Apr 02, 2022, 06:26 AM »
These are older pictures .  All the seedlings 🌱 in the flats are all planted now.   I will get some updated ones this week…
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #4591 on: Apr 02, 2022, 09:44 AM »
Looks like a lot of work going on in the houses. Looking good.

Stonecat

« Reply #4592 on: Apr 02, 2022, 10:39 AM »
 :thumbup_smilie: Now when will things start to slow down for you?
  Not sure this fits here but I couldn't resist posting it.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Amish+moving+she

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4593 on: Apr 02, 2022, 10:58 AM »
That’s awesome..
 No slowing down till middle of July for a couple weeks than 8000 mum plugs come.. :P :P
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

gotagetm

« Reply #4594 on: Apr 02, 2022, 11:46 AM »
That's crazy

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4595 on: Apr 02, 2022, 12:04 PM »
And we’re small scale compared to others… :-\
 I would love to see the places that start all the seeds and turn them into plugs. :o

taxid

« Reply #4596 on: Apr 02, 2022, 12:56 PM »
I was going to cut back on the the numbers and variety of vegetables this year but now I'm not so sure. I'm hearing there may be issues with supply of crops all over the world due to the Ukraine war. Perhaps crops here will go to fill in voids which will bring prices up? I think I'll plan on cutting down but buy the usual number and variety of seeds and keep an eye on things. Plant if it looks like it's needed. It's not like the seeds are really expensive or anything.

Thoughts?

A problem I have is everyone in my family wants the garden, but I'm the only one that plants and harvests as the rest of them have mobility issues. I have other crops to deal with (fish).

I know I'm definitely not growing corn this year! Wind issues kept blowing it down no matter what I did. Still can't figure out why it grew to almost 13 feet!

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4597 on: Apr 03, 2022, 05:23 AM »
I’ve cut down considerably over what I used to plant. My garlic is already coming up, asparagus is well established. I’ll plant a few tomatoes and cukes for fresh. Radishes are a must for me. I love them. And of course spinach. I’ll put in beans after I pull the garlic in June. Darned little bunnies got a lot of my wax beans last year.

I planned to rebuild a couple of my beds but with the price of lumber this year I’m going to have to wait.

I have a bunch of garlic from last year that I’ll throw in the dehydrator soon. Some I’ll cure in vegetable oil. Some may be next years seed depending on this years harvest.

Other than that….lots of flowers. My Bride loves her flowers….and so do I. It’s a ways off yet.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4598 on: Apr 06, 2022, 04:55 PM »
60 thousand plugs came in this morning.. :P

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4599 on: Apr 06, 2022, 05:11 PM »
And everything else is growing good except for a Vole problem…  :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #4600 on: Apr 06, 2022, 06:14 PM »
Looking good!
EXCEPT the Vole problem. They are nearly impossible to get ride of. I have tried everything and they just keep coming back from other places….thought I had them beat last year….nope they are back and as bad as ever…
If you find a way to stop them, I would pay for the solution….

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4601 on: Apr 11, 2022, 04:45 PM »
Garlic is looking good..

tomturkey

« Reply #4602 on: Apr 12, 2022, 05:38 AM »
Raq

The tulips are popping!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4603 on: Apr 12, 2022, 05:44 AM »
Raq

The tulips are popping!

That’s what my buddy Dave in Holland said.   But not here yet ..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4604 on: Apr 17, 2022, 06:31 PM »
I’m not even thinking about my gardens yet. Garlic and perennials are fine. Another month yet before I’m gonna think about anything else.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.