FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 517884 times)

Mac Attack

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4965 on: Jul 10, 2023, 02:28 PM »
Yikes, Mac.  What if you got stung multiple times?  Epi pen?

When I was a kid I stumbled upon a gr4ound hive and was probably stung a dozen or more times.

My brother David pulled me out on the ground.
I laid there for 20-30 minutes trying to breath, but it passed.
Maybe because I was young it didn't have as much effect on me.  Dunno.
Now I'm old, but try to stay away from the buggers.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4966 on: Jul 10, 2023, 02:51 PM »
A super at our course was killed by ground bees. He was allergic and didn’t take his epi pen with him. Made it back to the shop and died at his desk.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4967 on: Jul 10, 2023, 02:56 PM »
Pulled my Norland Red potatoes today. They weren’t doing very well with all the rain we’ve had. Got a modest harvest. Might plant some seed for an attempt at a fall harvest. Probably supplement the bed with some sand and perlite to loosen up the soil. It was pretty compacted.

Pulled a garlic bulb to see how  they’re  doing.

Just fine I’d say. That’s a 4 bulb head. I wear a 2xl glove.I’ll harvest garlic in a few weeks.
👍
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

piscesman

« Reply #4968 on: Jul 10, 2023, 08:15 PM »
4 BULBS????????? Wow, impressive. Coincidently I was looking for garlic info. Headed on vacation this Sat am. I wanted to give my sister some garlic to replant. Is it too late to do that? If not suggestions. I haven't checked like rg and don't know how well they are doing. Thanks in advance........
      KIm
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

62 & Done

« Reply #4969 on: Jul 10, 2023, 08:34 PM »
got some yellow and green squash coming on about as big as a cigar    may have to pull them tomorrow as they look to be rotten.   no sun  all rain

taxid

« Reply #4970 on: Jul 11, 2023, 04:00 AM »
I planted 7 seeds for zucchini and being the novice I am was thinking that was not too much. Someone told me I will have zucchini coming out of my ears now. I harvested four zucchinis yesterday.

My baby corn is coming along well as are my tomato plants and lettuce. So far have had one good cutting of lettuce and soon to be another I planted a little later.  I have one pepper plant that is doing well, but had 3 others that never really took off and kept wilting etc. I ended up yanking them out as it wasn't too much or two little water. I think it was bacterial.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishinator

« Reply #4971 on: Jul 11, 2023, 06:52 AM »
I usually plant 2 zuchini and 2 yellow squash. That's waaaay more than my family of 4 can eat. Wife makes several loafs of zuchini bread every year and I throw some on the grill almost every night....I still give them away.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4972 on: Jul 11, 2023, 07:02 AM »
You guys should look up the recipe for zucchini relish.. ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

62 & Done

« Reply #4973 on: Jul 11, 2023, 09:06 AM »
In years past my garden was waaay too big.  I have cut back several times and am now down to 4 yellow and 4 green squash.  Still too many but have several friends and the nice mail lady who all appreciate some fresh veggies now and then. I do everything possible with the squash and am always trying something new. It is my favorite veggie. I make a great Zucchini bread but it is heavy in carbs, oh well. Today I'm picking Black Caps. The mail lady has a gift coming.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4974 on: Jul 11, 2023, 11:29 AM »
You guys should look up the recipe for zucchini relish.. ;)

I have that recipe…..from you….and it’s delish!
My one and only zucchini plant is going crazy. First little squash is forming. We love zucchini….to a point.

fishinator

« Reply #4975 on: Jul 11, 2023, 12:50 PM »
Grilled zucchini is a great pizza topping too

62 & Done

« Reply #4976 on: Jul 11, 2023, 01:05 PM »
I grill mine with just a little soy sauce brushed on  Cut small slits in the flesh side up to allow the sauce to get in   Mmmmmm   Just picked a gallon of black caps to make some puree with -  use it on anything as long as it's desert     ice cream, brownies , cheese cake, hot chocolate, tarts,  I could go on.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4977 on: Jul 11, 2023, 01:06 PM »
Not sure I could sell that one to my Bride.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4978 on: Jul 11, 2023, 01:07 PM »
Been eating black caps on the golf course for a couple weeks. Only problem is, the seeds get stuck in my teeth and drive me crazy.

62 & Done

« Reply #4979 on: Jul 11, 2023, 01:08 PM »
the zucchini, or the berries ?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.