FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Went Fishing in Florida  (Read 4845 times)

Jigwiggler

Re: Went Fishing in Florida
« Reply #15 on: Apr 25, 2004, 12:47 PM »
Man those are some nice reds!!!  I'd say the top pic looks more like 35lbs.  ::)
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #16 on: Apr 26, 2004, 07:17 AM »
Cider.....No I didn't get called back yet..............Later this year I'll get to go play in the sand again!!  Jigwiggler....I really have no idea how big it was, we just held it up for a picture and then back in the water she went.  I wish I would have taken an extra moment to get the measurements so I would have the option of a fiberglass reproduction mount.  Oh-well maybe next time????  Well Guys Ya'll take care.....Its off to North Carolina for the week for me.   Tight-lines to all.........

Steve.

Reelcharacter.....LOL,  The pics are from a morning trip, not days  :D
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
« Reply #17 on: Apr 26, 2004, 07:51 AM »
Awesome pics!  Great bull reds!

Fishingking

« Reply #18 on: Apr 26, 2004, 09:14 AM »
wow those are some big redfish

i to went fishing on my own in florida only made it out for 2 hours and didnt catch anything oh well  i tried the inlet at daytona beach
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #19 on: Apr 27, 2004, 04:04 PM »
Steve, those are some great pics!  Congrats on a successful trip!!!

USMCFM

« Reply #20 on: Apr 28, 2004, 04:47 PM »
Hey Steve, Thanks for the Invite  >:( how about some advance notice next time...  ;D Congrats on the fish

Semper Fi
Allen
Fish ON......

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #21 on: Apr 28, 2004, 06:31 PM »
Allen,
Welcome to the site.  You'll find a lot of great people here and look forward to hearing about the fishing in NC.  Hope all is well with you and the family.  Take care of yourself and hopefully our flight plans will meet in the same place soon.

Semper Fi,
Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

wyogator

« Reply #22 on: Apr 30, 2004, 09:05 AM »
Hey Steve. WOW man! Those are some awesome reds! Did you get those in the No Motor Zone north of 528?

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #23 on: Apr 30, 2004, 05:23 PM »
Yes thats where we were fishing,  I think it was the northern section of the Indian river.

Steve

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
« Reply #24 on: Apr 30, 2004, 08:20 PM »
I was fishing the Indian River in Cocoa Beach back in 1991 during Christmas break.  I was alternating between 2-a-days and 3-a-days during Christmas training with Auburn University swimming.  Occasionally, we'd have some time off and I'd packed on fishing rod and some tackle.  I caught several speckled sea trout, and when I told the guys about it they didn't believe me.  I told them I'd keep the biggest one and fry it up in the motel room on our little efficiency stove.  The next day I hammered the sea trout and I kept a nice one, about 19" and I filleted him right there on the shore.  On one cast that day, I saw a massive swirl toward my lure and as quickly as he'd hit, the fish broke off.  When I went back up to our motel to show the guys what I'd caught, they claimed I bought the fillets at a fish market!  I didn't even know where any fish markets were, lol.  :)

Wish I'd had my camera....

Mudbug

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2004, 08:37 AM »
Boy, those are some beauties. I fish for reds in Texas, Port Aransas area in  Redfish Bay, and I'm happy with a 20 incher.

wyogator

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2004, 04:46 PM »
That's an awesome place to fish.  I used to fish there in my kayak before I moved to Wyoming.  Sometimes I would pitch a tent on one of those islands and camp out, and eat fish. I will be heading back there in June to visit the folks.

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2004, 09:30 AM »
TTT,  sorry bout this guy's, somebody could'nt find this so I'm making it easier on them.

Steve

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #28 on: Jul 07, 2004, 08:12 AM »
Scott, found it take a look.

Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.