FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Need Your Prayers  (Read 4089 times)

fozsey

Need Your Prayers
« on: Jun 03, 2004, 08:59 PM »
I lost a good lifelong friend to Cancer Monday. I just found out today. Please keep his family in your prayers. He loved to fish and would do just about anything for someone in need. Thanks, Brian

Esox

Re: Need Your Prayers
« Reply #1 on: Jun 03, 2004, 09:01 PM »
Brian,
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you and your friends family.

Bob

raleigh

« Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 2004, 09:37 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss Fozsey.  :(

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
« Reply #3 on: Jun 03, 2004, 09:43 PM »
I had a friend like that also. I still take him fishin' with me every chance I get. You should do the same. Keep him alive in your heart.
FM   
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #4 on: Jun 03, 2004, 10:44 PM »
Fozsey I am also sorry to hear of your loss.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #5 on: Jun 04, 2004, 07:46 AM »
Prayers on the way to his family and yours. Keep your head high.

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

missfishylicious

• smile it makes them wonder what your up to
« Reply #6 on: Jun 04, 2004, 07:52 AM »
cancer....... the emotional rollercoaster between life and death ....I'll pray for there recovery ,and yours.it will take a long time to get over the fear of loosing him you've built up in your heart. Don't try to make sense of it.that will only prolong your pain.go on think of the good times and know that he is at rest.keep him in your heart .and know that I am truley sorry for your loss 
I have no opinion on the subject .....yeah right

Cider

« Reply #7 on: Jun 04, 2004, 10:58 AM »
Brian,

Sorry I missed this post yesterday.  My condolences and sympathies to you and your friend's family.  Cancer is a tough and tragic disease that claims the lives of the young who are still so full of life.  It can be very cruel and ugly when it rears its head.  These are difficult dark times and we can only hope that someday there will be a cure for the many different forms of cancer that ravage our bodies and souls!

Keep your spirits up and be thankful for the time that you had together.

My prayers go out to all of those whose lives your friend inspired during his time with you.

Mike

grumpymoe

« Reply #8 on: Jun 04, 2004, 12:49 PM »
brian....my condolences to the family and yours....may your trip this month keep his memory alive and well......grump

fastribs85

« Reply #9 on: Jun 04, 2004, 04:31 PM »
brian i am sorry to hear about yourr friend like they have said just remember the good time you had together and catch some big ones for him i lost a friend last year only 18 so i know it can be sudden but my friends and family helped me through it but hold your head high
naked women and beer we got it all in here

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #10 on: Jun 04, 2004, 05:12 PM »
I'm really sorry bud, I will remember him, you, and the families in my prayers tonight.

Tyler

fozsey

« Reply #11 on: Jun 04, 2004, 09:40 PM »
Thanks everyone... ;) His funeral was today. We made it through that ok. His family seems to be holding up pretty well considering. MissFishy, your deadon about Cancer and the emotion it generates. I work with terminal Cancer patients every week I am very familiar with its process and the steps involved with its progress, but somehow it is still never the same as when it hits this close to home. We put a man on the moon for crying out loud. Why can't we figure out a way to beat this?

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #12 on: Jun 05, 2004, 06:47 AM »
These are difficult dark times and we can only hope that someday there will be a cure for the many different forms of cancer that ravage our bodies and souls!

At the National Institutes of Health, the Director of the National Cancer Institute set a goal of eliminating the suffering and death due to cancer by the year 2015.  For more on that, check out:  http://cancer.gov/directorscorner/directorsupdate-08-27-2003

Here's NCI's home page: www.cancer.gov

I can assure you that Director Dr. Andrew von Eschenbach is passionate about achieving this goal.  Breakthoughs in technology, science, and medicine are occurring at a very fast pace.  The dedication by the NCI scientists is remarkable, as well as the administrative support staff.  I've worked there for the past 5 years and am determined to do my share until I retire to assist this director and his successors in any way that I can.

Foszey, I too grieve with you and his family.  For, when a fellow angler who I've followed on line since the beginning of MFF and also on Iceshanty becomes hurt in such a way, it really hit's home.  I'll pray for you and your friends family as well.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #13 on: Jun 05, 2004, 08:31 AM »
Brian,

I am sorry to hear of your loss.  You have our prayers.

Josh
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #14 on: Jun 06, 2004, 05:03 AM »
brian  I am very sorry to hear of your loss....my condolences to his family. the sad truth of the we can put a man on the moon remark is that if we spent half as much on medical research,as we do on space exploration,we would never be able to call in sick to go fishing again.its disgusting how much money nasa just gets and how much we have to fight for funding for just about any worthwhile cause.see the price tag on that mars rover...have you ever seen the waiting list for a dyalisis machine?how many dyalisis machines could we buy for local hospitals just for what it costs to build that rover , never mind what it costs to send it to mars   
Scotty 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.