FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: THIS WEEKEND/ can't wait  (Read 3984 times)

reubenpa

THIS WEEKEND/ can't wait
« on: Jun 30, 2004, 07:06 PM »
Hey guys... I am going to go on a charter trip on lake Erie on friday!!!!!!!!  It is free, and everything....   I haven't found out yet what we are going for, but it will be fish and I am happy, I wil post pics!!!!!   YYEEHHHAAAA I just had to share my excitement with my cyber friends
 ;D ;D ;D
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Cider

Re: THIS WEEKEND/ can't wait
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2004, 07:32 PM »
That sounds awesome Rueben!  May you have good weather/fishing conditions, tight lines, and lots of hook-ups!!  Send us reports and pics when you get back!!  ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2004, 07:50 PM »
hey reubenpa!!!!.....may your lines be tight as heck and full of trophy pics... ;D ;D....grump

bayonne

« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2004, 07:56 PM »
i would think its smallies or walleye have fun you lucky dog you and post some pitchers

wny angler

« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2004, 08:07 PM »
good luck and post some pics of those 10 lb walleye's , looks like you picked a good day for it,light winds and 1ft waves

fastribs85

« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2004, 08:07 PM »
hey gl man bring in a monster for me will ya
naked women and beer we got it all in here

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #6 on: Jul 01, 2004, 11:17 AM »
Good luck, now you will be able to catch the walleyes you have been wanting!!!

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #7 on: Jul 01, 2004, 12:40 PM »

You'll catch a lot of these.  This pic is an average smallie, about 17 to 18", 3 pound footballs.  You'll also have good chances at smallies up to 6 pounds in the lake and about 22 to 24" long.  You'll get some decent walleyes from 5 to 8 pounds or so and maybe an oddball steelhead.  Lure choices to bring:

5" Kalins (or similar) grubs - good colors are green pumpkin, avacado, Erie green, or blue pearl salt & pepper.  Team them with 8 pound line and 1/8, 1/4, or 3/8 oz. jigheads depending on wind and drift speed and the depth that you find them hitting.

4" tubes - good colors are the same as above.  Again, 1/8, 1/4, or 3/8 oz. tube heads.

Rattling lipless crankbaits, 1/2 ounce, chrome or firetiger (other colors work well too), like Rapala Rattlin Raps or Rat-L-Traps.

Silver Buddy spoons, 3/8 or 1/2 oz. or anything heavy and shiny that will get down.

Hot Shot crankbaits or Storm Wiggle Warts, shallow divers, trolled in the wake of the boat will get steelies.

If you fish Presque Isle Bay, spinnerbaits rock, especially in black, blue or chartreuse, on pike and largemouth.  Any of the lures above work well too, especially the crankbaits.

I envy you!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #8 on: Jul 01, 2004, 01:48 PM »
Good luck Rueben!!  You lucky dog!  ;D
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

reubenpa

« Reply #9 on: Jul 01, 2004, 01:50 PM »
it will be at port Clinton OH, I thuoght it was gonna be in PA!!!    I am charging my extra baterries for my camera!!!!    I am gonna catch a whale!!!!!  or at least a goby!!! lol
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #10 on: Jul 01, 2004, 03:54 PM »
Hey Reuben.  Those gobies are nastly lil buggers.  I was catching them on 2 oz. 5" Hopkin's jigging spoons, fair hooked.  They were only 6" long themselves, sometimes with the entire treble hook in their mouth.  Another thing is that the smallmouth were gorging themselves on them.  It used to be that when you fought smallies, they'd spew out anchovies or alewives from their mouths, or sometimes crawdads, but now it seems that they spit out half digested or undigested gobies.  The gobies are kind of a greyish brown, usually dark, so that may be why the darker colors like green pumpkin work so well.  I'd bet that the walleyes feast on them too.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #11 on: Jul 01, 2004, 04:42 PM »
I, like Reuben, get to fish a trophy fishery for smallmouth for 3 days this weekend. (the river also has huge pike). I will start on saturday and not get back until Tuesday. It will be a huge float on the yampa river in colorado from craig to maybell, like 20 miles or more. The smallmouth average 15-18", and 50 fish days a piece or the regular.
I will probably nab about a pike every day too!

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #12 on: Jul 01, 2004, 04:52 PM »
Cool, get some pics!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #13 on: Jul 01, 2004, 04:58 PM »
Cool, get some pics!

I'll get a few, no doubt about that, but the question is whether I will drop the camera in the water after I have taken about 25 on a roll of film. I have done that on 2 different trout trips this year, and the trips and a few big bows and browns have been lost. But I still have the memory.

A water-proof camera would be a good investment...

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #14 on: Jul 01, 2004, 05:08 PM »
I can relate.  I fear bringing my digital camera out sometimes.  I keep it in double zip lock bags, but that still makes me nervous.  Disposable cameras are probably the answer in zip locks, but man...not a $500 camera!

I have to do some research, but I seem to remember that, at least for internet purposes, people buying and talking about digital cameras that run about $60.  That might be a solution.  Too bad they don't have affordable water proof digital cameras.  In fact, do they even have an expensive one out there?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.