FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 525777 times)

gotagetm

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4575 on: Mar 19, 2022, 10:41 AM »
 Nice Dom
What town are greenhouses in ?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4576 on: Mar 19, 2022, 12:38 PM »
Did a bit of gardening today.
Cut back the asparagus.

Uncovered the garlic.

Also fenced in my tulip gardens. Damned deer ate them last year.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4577 on: Mar 19, 2022, 03:24 PM »
Looks like a good start Bob.👍
 I’m boiling down some sap today while I listen to thunder rolling across the hills.  Sunny 65* here so far.. ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4578 on: Mar 19, 2022, 08:07 PM »
Yeah…my neighbor and I were set to cold smoke some venison rolls and cheese. Got the pellet tube lit and smoking and it started pouring, thunder and lightening. Got a break and got stuff on the Weber for an hour or so.

Couple beers and some smoked cheddar for a snack. He took the rolls home to cook them. We have him over for dinner every Sunday so we’ll get a taste tomorrow.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bartman44

« Reply #4579 on: Mar 20, 2022, 07:45 AM »
Looks good Bob, it feels good to be doing some things outdoors again. I did some garden clean up yesterday myself.  I historically don't get many deer in my neighborhood but they have been cutting through my property all winter so I'm a little worried about the garden this year.  Grilled burgers on the deck last night before the storms rolled in.   

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4580 on: Mar 20, 2022, 08:58 AM »
Yeah, it was great to be outside in MY yard. Been doing a lot on the golf course. But really nice to give my gardens a bit of early attention.

I’ve tried deer repellents but it doesn’t last long and  it gets expensive. Fencing isn’t pretty but I don’t have to think about it. The deer will disappear when the leaves start to pop.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4581 on: Mar 30, 2022, 09:06 AM »
I found this interesting and wanted to share for those of you in the region

https://cbs6albany.com/weather/weather-extra/the-growing-season-when-youre-safe-to-plant-this-spring

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4582 on: Mar 30, 2022, 09:43 AM »
Thats pretty cool but I will wait till the second  weekend in June.. ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Bartman44

« Reply #4583 on: Mar 31, 2022, 06:17 PM »
I picked up some garden tools for my grandson and he was helping me turnover the garden while looking for worms.

I noticed that he was using his foot to plant the shovel just like a Pro so I asked him  how he learned to do that. He said he saw it on "Peppa Pig."  ;D 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4584 on: Mar 31, 2022, 07:36 PM »
Very nice Bart.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4585 on: Apr 01, 2022, 04:56 AM »
👍👍  Our ground is still frozen and still covered with snow in spots… :P

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4586 on: Apr 01, 2022, 03:50 PM »
I’ve got some time yet. 36 and snowing on and off. Picked up some Rudbekia root for my bride. It was our wedding flower. Tried transplanting some but It didn’t take. Hopefully this will work.

I love my Bride’s smiles when she sees her flowers.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4587 on: Apr 01, 2022, 04:55 PM »
Planters hands.. ;D. And those were washed.. :rotflol:

Bartman44

« Reply #4588 on: Apr 01, 2022, 05:22 PM »
Tom Dom Thumb. :)

You deserve a cocktail. 

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4589 on: Apr 02, 2022, 06:23 AM »
Houses are filling up fast..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.