FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Opening up my private trout pond starting next week for fishing  (Read 4267 times)

taxid

I have steelhead that average 5 1/2 pounds up to almost 8 pounds, and tigers, brooks, and browns that run from 12 to 20 inches.

My original niche market was raising trophy size trout and selling them whole frozen to taxidermists from coast to coast. Thanks to shipping costs and increased overhead it's just not profitable anymore.

Contact me via P.M. or email at [email protected] if you're interesting in helping me clear out the trout pond. My phone number is also (260) 894-9055. Texts won't work as this is a landline and I don't own a cell phone.

Located near Ligonier, Indiana Noble County. No fishing license needed and no limit.

I'll post some pictures of current fish here in the next day or so.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

Ran the seine through a very small part of the pond today. Three of about 5 steelhead, 12 browns and 3 tigers in the net with one pass.

Female steelhead ~ 4 1/2 pounds about 22 inches
Male Brown ~ 17 inches
Female Tiger Trout ~15 inches

Steelhead are averaging 5 lbs. up to almost 8 pounds.

Didn't get a brook but they are in the pond

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Daybreak

Those are beautiful.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

taxid

Those are beautiful.

The male steelhead are even cooler looking. Big kypes.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
How far is that from Macedon Ny?

About 500 miles I’d guess.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

Tigers are great looking fish , I’ve only caught them once

taxid

How far is that from Macedon Ny?

About 500 miles I’d guess.

Rg

501.5 miles.

taxid

Tigers are great looking fish , I’ve only caught them once

The males are more striking.

meandcuznalfy

The males are more striking.

I bet they are, I've only caught a few small ones and was hard to see the pattern.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
501.5 miles.

Might be worth the drive.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Spent some time out there. Had good friends in Syracuse.

Rg

taxid

Spent some time out there. Had good friends in Syracuse.

Rg

Syracuse is just down the road about 20 minutes. The wife is a school secretary there after retiring from teaching.

Did you know people from Syracuse New York settled there and named it Syracuse? Same goes for Angola and Auburn which are towns out there. A town north of here, Orland, was first settled by people from Vermont.

We have the second largest Amish community in the United States also 20 minutes away (Shipshewanna) which is a tourist spot. Unfortunately they refuse to wear masks or get the covid vaccine. Really disappointed in my Amish friends. One of them really believes their is a microchip in the vaccine.  ::)

taxid

I bet they are, I've only caught a few small ones and was hard to see the pattern.

Here's a more intense smaller male from a few years ago.

meandcuznalfy

Nice, beautiful fish

taxid

Fishhogger came out today with his stepfather and caught 6 steelhead from 4.14 lbs. to 7.40 lbs., and 2 tiger trout females from 1.49 lbs. to 3.18 lbs. He let his stepfather catch most of them. Sizes went from 14 3/4 to 20 inches on the tiger trout to 21 3/4 to 26 1/2 on the steelhead. The 3.18 pound tiger trout is bigger than our state record.

Tim and the 7.40 lb 26 1/2 inch male steelhead.

Same fish on a 24 inch board.

Below Female Tiger Trout

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.