FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best Beer?  (Read 102608 times)

Somers

Re: Best Beer?
« Reply #15 on: Apr 08, 2004, 10:38 AM »
i forgot to mention anchor steam too.

Lot's of good beers posted here. 

I stopped w/ Killians and any other Coors made brews years ago when I found out they contribute to anti hunting groups.

Cider, I love Bud as well.  My goto.

Also love that Miller beer.  The high life commercials are funny as $hit.

Cider

« Reply #16 on: Apr 08, 2004, 10:40 AM »
Anybody like Schlitz or Schmidts?  How about old style for you mid-westerners?

Can't forget about Gennessee either!  Cream Ale is one of my favorites!  Can't find Genny 12 Horse anymore, but that was a good one.

We used to get another one out of PA that was very similar to Genny.  It came in a wax carton case and long neck brown bottles.  The labels were always screwed up.  Bottles either were missing the label, had two or three on one bottle, or they were crooked.  We only paid about four or five bucks for a case of this stuff, but it wasn't swill!  I wish I could remember the name of it!!

Somers

« Reply #17 on: Apr 08, 2004, 10:45 AM »
I like Shlitz, but not the after effects that sound similar.

I also like Schaefer.  Had a lot of family that worked at the old brewery in Bklyn.

What about Ballentine?

This'll piss a bunch of people off around here I bet.  I hate Genny anything lol.

Also my bro went to school in Maryland and another beer I don't care if I never have again is Natty Bumpo, or nattybo for short.

Cider

« Reply #18 on: Apr 08, 2004, 10:50 AM »
Maybe it was Ballantine I am thinking of?  But I thought that was from NJ?

slipbob

« Reply #19 on: Apr 08, 2004, 10:55 AM »
Maybe it was Ballantine I am thinking of?  But I thought that was from NJ?
CIder you talking yuengling?  That's a PA beer that's been around for a long time.

Somers

« Reply #20 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:00 AM »
Oh Yeah,  Yeugling.   ;D  Forgot that one too. 

Now that I think about it, There's not too many I don't like.

Cider

« Reply #21 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:03 AM »
I don't think so.  I really need to see a picture of a bottle or the carton.  I remember the carton being red.  I will do some poking and see if I can figure it out.

Somers

« Reply #22 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:07 AM »
Schlitz is a red and white can if I remeber correctly.  That's probably the one Cider.

Cider

« Reply #23 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:08 AM »
Definitely not Schlitz.  I can still get that and do occasionally.  This was bottled beer.  I want to say it did begin with a B that was why I thought maybe ballantine.  Definitely from PA too.  Schlitz is from Milwaukee.

Somers

« Reply #24 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:27 AM »
Right on the schlitz Cider.  I was confusing it w/ Schaeffer.

I think you might be right about the Ballentine.  I've actually only had it once and I don't recall the bottle, but my dad used to sing the jingle all the time.  That's why I was asking about it.

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #25 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:53 AM »
slipbob  -  I've had the Sierra Porter which was my favorite brew from that brewery.  There are many more dark beers that I haven't mentioned (not enough room for all of them  ;) )that are really good. 

foszey  -  That's usually the end result (pun intended) when drinking Bud!  Of course if it was Genny Cream Ale, aka Genny Screamers you wind up sitting on the throne doing this:
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #26 on: Apr 10, 2004, 06:06 PM »
Ballantyne Ale was produced in a green bottle with a green and gold label. Their trademark was a pretzel shaped gold logo.

Could you be thinking of Carling Black Label? It had a red label with black lettering.

Genesee Beer and Ale.....brewed right here in good old Rochester.....Genny Pee and Scream Ale we call it.....never could drink that stuff...too much good Canadian just over the border I guess.

Anyone old enough to remember Standard Dry Ale or Topper Beer? Also Rochester native brews from days gone by.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Cider

« Reply #27 on: Apr 10, 2004, 06:08 PM »
No, not Carling and pretty sure it wasn't Ballantine either.  I am still thinking on it.  What I remember the most is that the "swill" was dirt cheap.  Maybe $5 for a 24 count wax carton.  The labels were cheap too.

Sure wish I could remember what it was.  I suspect that it was from a brewery in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area.  Probably gone under now.  Maybe Stegmaier?

broken rod

• CPR
« Reply #28 on: Apr 10, 2004, 06:15 PM »
what no pabst blue ribon :'(
tight lines, chuck

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #29 on: Apr 10, 2004, 08:49 PM »
I am not a complex person.  My tastebuds are not complex.  48 of 52 weeks I am drinking Coors Original.  Those other 4 weeks I am drinking Stella Artois,  a fine import from Belguim.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.