FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Most Universal Lure?  (Read 4335 times)

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
Re: Most Universal Lure?
« Reply #30 on: Jul 20, 2005, 09:11 AM »
Confidence ;D

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #31 on: Jul 20, 2005, 09:35 AM »
Ooh, good question.  I catch a ton of fish on the husky jerks, but if fish are deep, then I would be S-O-L (well, I could add weight or drop a d-rigger ball).  So I would say a Rapala shad rap.  They can be trolled to get them deep, and they are also great worked slow in the shallows.  I also catch fish on them twitching 'em on top. 
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

fishryc

« Reply #32 on: Jul 20, 2005, 09:42 AM »
Confidence ;D
Good One! :thumbup_smilie: (But also so true!)
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man; a debt he proposes to pay off with your money".

"Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear.”

G. Gordon Liddy

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #33 on: Jul 20, 2005, 10:16 AM »
Any jig!! Twister tails, Tubes, Swimming jig. Fat Boy and any other person who mentioned the jig is right on! They work in cold water, Warm water, Fresh water, Salt water, Still water and moveing water. Even if fish are not on the bite a jig will catch fish. All the person has to do is add the action the fish wants such as fast lift and drop to a slow drag and everything in between and the chance of catching a fish will happen. They can be ripped through weeds swim them above rocks beat them on timber pitch them under docks all of this puts them in the fish's liveing room and it wont be long before they slam it. I believe the thing that makes the jig so great is each person puts his or her action to it and also you tend to pay more attention to fishing this lure, which means you will feel more hits and catch more fish.
Just my .02
Cold Feet
Did you put the plug in the boat?

troutman

« Reply #34 on: Jul 20, 2005, 11:36 AM »
Ice fishing a jig. Boat fishing a flatfish.
Ray

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #35 on: Jul 25, 2005, 06:43 PM »
Either the panther martin spinner or curly tail grub. Caught rainbows, lakers, cutthroats, brookies, browns, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, pike, walleye, crappie, bluegill, striper, wiper, even catfish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.