FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 14 LUND  (Read 2009 times)

Grizz

14 LUND
« on: Jul 25, 2005, 10:27 AM »
DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS BOAT. http://www.lundboats.com/index.php?page=161412wc&Base_Session=411b9b76f47c96e0f1e4f1d0b000ba28 THINKING ON BUYING THE 14. I'D BE INTERESTED IN ANY FEEDBACKS. THANKS...GRIZZ  ;D 

OTIS

Re: 14 LUND
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2005, 10:35 AM »
There's a good difference between the 14 foot and the 16 foot, if possible consider the 16 footer.  All in all you can't beat a Lund.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2005, 05:52 PM »
Grizz,

I do not, nor have I ever owned a Lund boat. I have ridden and fished in quite a few, but not the model you are showing. What I really like about that particular kind of boat is the open rear for ease of steering and the ability to make the boat whatever you want at the pace your budget allows. It is not very difficult to add a flat bottom, a front casting platform, or any other add-ons your heart desires. All in all, it's hard to beat a Lund.

Mike

pieman1998

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2005, 07:40 PM »
i have the 1650 rebel and i love it

OTIS

« Reply #4 on: Jul 26, 2005, 09:39 AM »
Back in 1984 my father purchased a bare 16 foot Lund and we customized it our selves.  We added a floor, seats, electrical system, front casting deck, bow mount trolling motor, and electronics.  We took our time and over a three year period we had an awesome fishing boat.  I'd love to know where that boat is now, I'd give my left *** for it now!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

kerosenecounty17

« Reply #5 on: Jul 26, 2005, 03:37 PM »
Griz,

I've got a 14' Lund.  Mines an '86 that I picked up used.  I don't know which model it is, but it's got a factory installed carpeted deck and pedestal seats.  I like the boat just fine, but like Otis said, I often wish it was a 16'.  The 14' is kind of cramped, especially with 3 people.  The bow seat is especially cramped, and makes use of the bow-mount trolling motor a little tough.  If I was buying new, I'd definately go with the 16'.  The weight isn't that much greater, and I can't see the price being that much higher.  Lund makes excellent boats, and there re-sale value is really good.  Go with the Lund, but get the 16 footer if you can afford it. 

kc17

Grizz

« Reply #6 on: Jul 26, 2005, 04:32 PM »
THANKS GUYS,BUT,WHY WOULD I WONT THE SIXTEEN FT. OVER THE 14? JUST TO PUT MORE PEOPLE IN THE BOAT?  IF YOU GENTELMEN TAKE YOUR BOATS OUT IN THE LOCKS FOR STRIPER'S THATS ONE THING BUT HEY MAYBE YOU KNOW SOMETHING I DON'T ABOUT THE 16.  I'VE HAD 2 14'S IN MAY LIFE, AND I TO WISH I HAD NOT GOT RID OF.THIS IS THE ONE I LIKE  http://www.lundboats.com/index.php?page=161412wc&Base_Session=612e7f268daafe8e0e73136768cb2684  ....THANKS GUYS...Grizz  ;)

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Jul 26, 2005, 06:18 PM »
I tell ya what Grizz, skip the 16', but definately go for the DLX. I really like that storage locker and livewell built in. both of those could double as a seat in a pinch and it gives so much more room to roam. Then, all you have to do is install a front casting deck and you are Good To Go!! Looks like there are many options available with the 14DLX too. Just my dreaming and $.02 of course.

Mike

Little Brown Dog

« Reply #8 on: Jul 28, 2005, 06:17 PM »
I've got the 14 footer.  I bought it used one year old.  The guy who had it upgraded to a 16 footer.  He put in a carpeted floor and pedistal seat.  I put a 18hp Nissan 4-stroke and it was to heavy for it and split the transom on both sides of the motor mount.  I'm still trying to figure out how to fix it.  Think I'll try to have another peice of aluminum welded on.  Other than that it's a fun boat to play around in.  I can tow an adult in a tube behind it and still get it up on plane.  I've also had it out in 4 foot waves and made it though ok.

Good luck with yours.

LBD

kerosenecounty17

« Reply #9 on: Jul 28, 2005, 09:14 PM »
Griz,

In my experience, boats are like garages.  You can never have too much room.  Like I said, with 3 people in the 14' it's a little tight.  When I'm by myself it's absolutely perfect.  Having too much room is better than not enough.  As much as it hurts my ego to say it, bigger is better.

It sounds like you're fishing relatively small water.  In that case, if it was me, I'd go with a jon boat.  Tracker makes some really sweet models.

kc17

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.