FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Nothing from Flint today...  (Read 827 times)

LundProv

Nothing from Flint today...
« on: Apr 05, 2020, 07:46 PM »
After an inspiring internet church service, I decided to hook up the boat and head to Flint.  I have been doing reasonably well at Bass which is one hour away and Flint is 20 minutes.  I tried to make sense of this fishing and have been catching the majority of my crappies at Bass in the deep holes.  So, I studied the map of Flint and headed out.  The bummer is that Flint is not mapped on my Garmin locator whereas Bass and most every other lake I fish is mapped.  The electronic mapping makes this so much easier to hold over a hole and to work the edges.  Anyway,  I focused and the boundaries of the deeper holes at Flint up to 30'.  First drop, I got an 11" beautiful crappie and thought this was gonna be a banner day.  That was the one and only...   Water temp was 48 degrees surface and I dragged the bottom for several hours.   I finished in the shallow bays using a cubbie and float with no takers.  Overall a good day of worship and fishing and when I got home, comfort food of mashed potatoes/sausage and kraut were ready... 

Gartoon

Re: Nothing from Flint today...
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2020, 03:02 PM »
Awesome report !
Thanks for sharing
 :laugh:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.