FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: If you could move anywhere in the U.S. or Canada just for the fishing  (Read 7463 times)

taxid

Where would you move?

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
I would stay right here. There's more quality fishing, both warm water and cold, within an hour radius than most can imagine. Stretch that to four hours and I've got Ontario salmon in one direction and salt in the other. I'm happy where I'm at, but I still enjoy the adventure of a long distance trip.  ;D

That said, if I had to move, it would be Maine.  ;)
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

stripernut

Just in terms of the fishing; Florida Keys. Every time I am on the water in FL I say why don't I live down here? Then I get to shore and drive a couple hundred yards and remember why I don't live in FL.... Not to mention things like it will be under water soon. I am very happy with MA, with its great fresh water and many miles of salt coast like Cape Cod. From Trout to Tuna it is hard to beat when it comes to variety.

Mac Attack

Florida

And I will be there in 4 yrs

taxid

Looks like people down there will be eager to sell!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

tomturkey

Iwas in Fla. ONCE. I will take a blizzard over a hurricane any time.

The wife showed me a picture from an island as the hurricane passed over. There was no water in the ocean as far as you could see.

taxid

No doubt the fishing is good in Florida but I didn't care for it down there. Too built up and developed for me. I made annual visits when my parents lived down there.

taxid

I would stay right here. There's more quality fishing, both warm water and cold, within an hour radius than most can imagine. Stretch that to four hours and I've got Ontario salmon in one direction and salt in the other. I'm happy where I'm at, but I still enjoy the adventure of a long distance trip.  ;D

That said, if I had to move, it would be Maine.  ;)

Ironic I'm thinking of retiring in your part of the country in a few years. Not enough quality coldwater fishing for me here and I don't like to have to drive several hours to the Great Lakes.

lowaccord66

I have that opportunity now but choose to stay in New England for the time being.  The contrast in fishing venues has kept my attention for 20 plus years  In 13 years my daughter will be off to college, I will be 47 and provided the market doesn't crash I will probably stop working at that time.  The Mrs. and I are likely going to purchase an RV and a Houseboat and will travel freely where ever the bite takes us. 

Roccus

I live in Ma.,,I 've lived here 62 years. Ill die here. I've been to Florida.... they can keep that god forsaken place.... too hot...too many storms... too many people.. ...too many snakes... AND NO ICE.

We live in a great area... We have coast line with unlimited opportunities...  a long drive can put you into great fishing for Kings... brown trout and steel head ...  inland we have streams stocked with trout... a Drive to Maine or northern new Hampshire can put you into the most beautiful back country on the planet... hard to beat the simplicity of dunking a worm in a back woods beaver pond for  brook trout that you had to hike in a mile to  catch...

Im a striped bass fisherman at heart.. but I enjoy all types of fishing... the only ice found in FLa. is in a drink glass... not that it's a bad thing.. but I prefer to stand on mine a drill holes!

zwiggles

northwestern Washington state, Pittsburgh, NH, or somewhere in the Maine woods. If I had to choose I would move somewhere on the Peugeot sound in WA and visit NH, and Maine in the winter.

salmonboy41

Lake Ontario has some amazing fishing, but i may lean towards Alaska just without Bears lol

Unclegillhunter

• Green grass and high times forever!
Newport Oregon. Maybe Florance Or.
Keep it safe!JDL
Keep it safe! JDL

Roccus

Lake Ontario has some amazing fishing, but i may lean towards Alaska just without Bears lol

I'll take bears over snakes...Alaska would defiantly be a second choice.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
I would want to be halfway between the amazing great lakes fisheries, and the outstanding saltwater action on the cape.   Probably somewhere near a striper spawning tributary that also has some outstanding freshwater summer fishing, and near some nice ice fishing lakes.     Maybe the albany area?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.