FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Some fishing days are not meant to be!  (Read 3635 times)

taxid

Re: Some fishing days are not meant to be!
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2019, 07:42 PM »
I bought some heavier gauge wire today and some conectors that I can crimp and shrink with my heat gun. Going redo the entire boat trailer harness from scratch!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rivereddy

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2019, 08:26 PM »
Instead of connectors, I simply  strip enough insulation off to twist them together an then solder the daylights out of them. Lastly I wrap them with water proof shrink rape.  Nearly all of my light fails have been the dadgummed ground wire or the cheap lights themselves.

fish on,

rivereddy

taxid

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2019, 09:11 PM »
That makes sense but my problem is with the present wire harness the wire just falls apart when I try to strip them. I have a stripping tool and it makes no difference. It's like there isn't much wire inside either. So I'm hoping with the heavier gauge wire there is more to work with.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishinjohn

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2019, 03:37 AM »
One day last fall I had a 3 hr window I could get to camp and get some firewood cut.. loaded the truck up with the chains, oil and gas for saw,extra gas for splitter, made sure I had my safety helmet AMD ewr protection... off I went... drove 35 min to camp.. got out and unloaded truck only to realize I left the chainsaw at home
SERIOUSLY???!!!!!!
I told my son... well, we werent suppose to cut firewood today!!!! Was a nice drive over to camp

taxid

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2019, 11:53 AM »
One day last fall I had a 3 hr window I could get to camp and get some firewood cut.. loaded the truck up with the chains, oil and gas for saw,extra gas for splitter, made sure I had my safety helmet AMD ewr protection... off I went... drove 35 min to camp.. got out and unloaded truck only to realize I left the chainsaw at home
SERIOUSLY???!!!!!!
I told my son... well, we werent suppose to cut firewood today!!!! Was a nice drive over to camp

Sounds like something I would do!

At my age check lists are more and more important!

In the ANG checklists were a must! We used checklists in plastic sleeves in binders we marked with grease pencils that we could use over and over again. I'm pretty sure that's the case I all the branches.

I've been thinking of making one to use before fishing trips!

fishinjohn

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2019, 03:40 PM »
Sounds like something I would do!

At my age check lists are more and more important!

In the ANG checklists were a must! We used checklists in plastic sleeves in binders we marked with grease pencils that we could use over and over again. I'm pretty sure that's the case I all the branches.

I've been thinking of making one to use before fishing trips!
Only time I make a checklist is if I'm going away on vacation.. otherwise I just roll with whatever happens(I might get mad when I forget something) bit that's life

rivereddy

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2019, 09:02 PM »
Tried check lists...kept losing them....ain't getting old grand!

fish on,

rivereddy

taxid

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2019, 09:24 PM »
Tried check lists...kept losing them....ain't getting old grand!

fish on,

rivereddy

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

I've been known to put together a grocery list and when I get to the grocery store realize I left it at home! Or leave my reading glasses at home and I can't see up close to see exactly what I'm buying!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2019, 06:06 AM »
Only time I make a checklist is if I'm going away on vacation.. otherwise I just roll with whatever happens(I might get mad when I forget something) bit that's life

Same here! Vacation or camping. Those 2 require percission to have the best time possible.
Wicked Wec

taxid

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2019, 12:29 PM »
Same here! Vacation or camping. Those 2 require percission to have the best time possible.

And 'cause it's a loooooooooong drive back home!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.