FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Weather Blows  (Read 2244 times)

Mac Attack

The Weather Blows
« on: May 12, 2019, 09:06 PM »
Yea, like wind.

Seriously, I’m down in FL right now and the weather is killer.  But I’m looking at back home in WNY and it really sux canal water.

Hope thinks start getting better soon.

Indy 500 is in a few weeks for crying out loud.

fishinjohn

Re: The Weather Blows
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 03:38 AM »
It sure does mac.. made it out on the big pond sat night for an hour.. wind was brutal

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 06:12 AM »
It sure does Mac! I'm off for a few days starting Wednesday. Was hoping to do some stream fishing.

Out of the question! Have a new John Deere being delivered on Wednesday. I'll definitely have to mow. Still can't get the back parts of my house and the one next door. Just plain wet!

Only plus is, my gardens are loving it.
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 06:38 AM »
Not a very good week for selling flowers..    .... :P
Only down 12 grand from last year.................    >:(
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rivereddy

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 07:00 AM »
Speaking of Indy...    In something like the last 30 days, we have only had one stretch of 48 hours without some form
of precipitation. We have been fortunate enough to miss the major downpours, but the showers won't let up.  My yards
are all overgrown but worse.  I haven't seen a planted field yet and its approaching mid May...

fish on,

rivereddy

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 07:26 AM »
Not a very good week for selling flowers..    .... :P
Only down 12 grand from last year.................    >:(

Well, I did my part for the economy over the weekend. Lowe's and Wayside ( a big garden center across the road from Lowes) were jamb packed with people on Saturday. Probably not so much yesterday.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 07:47 AM »
We also stopped at Lowe’s and picked up some plants along with a few other things , 
    I may have to rent some goats from the Amish to mow my rice paddy of a lawn 😡

Mac Attack

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 08:11 AM »
I mowed before leaving home for Florida.
Needed it BAD.
And it was a swamp.
Forget bagging the clippings.
Can't wait to see what it looks like when I get home.
I asked Jeff to run the mower if he gets a break in the weather enough.

Neighbor out at the lake mowed my place out there.
He said it was nutz.
He also said forget about my trailer getting put back into place while I'm away.
The lawn across from my place that the tractor needs to back my place in because it's so long is flooded.
My neighbor said it looks like Lake Erie 2.

Crazy.
I hope it breaks soon.
Looks like we need 2-3 weeks of dry sunny weather to get things dried out.
Some wind will help too.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 08:14 AM »
Stopped at a local garden center Sunday with the wife to pick up some flowers for the porch, we were the only customers. The place is usually jamb packed on Mothers Day. This weather does blow!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 10:28 AM »
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When mother nature gives you rain, wear a rain jacket.   ;)

I am married with a 2 year old and a full time job. There is no time to be picky as to when I can enjoy the outdoors. If I waited for perfect weather I would be out twice a year.  I find my best option for that day, drop my shoulder pads and hit her as hard as I can (no helmet to helmet). For what its worth, its the crappy days that make me enjoy the outdoors even more.

Wicked Wec

Fish Farmer

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 11:34 AM »
At least the cold wet weather is keeping me from mowing the lawn....I'll do that after I come back from striper fishing.

We are supposed to get snow up in the hills of Vermont the next couple of nights.

fishinjohn

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2019, 03:43 PM »
When mother nature gives you rain, wear a rain jacket.   ;)
LOVE IT MIKE!!!!!!

lowaccord66

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2019, 07:57 PM »
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When mother nature gives you rain, wear a rain jacket.   ;)

I am married with a 2 year old and a full time job. There is no time to be picky as to when I can enjoy the outdoors. If I waited for perfect weather I would be out twice a year.  I find my best option for that day, drop my shoulder pads and hit her as hard as I can (no helmet to helmet). For what its worth, its the crappy days that make me enjoy the outdoors even more.

Saturday it was beautiful out.  I fly fished most of the day.  Did well in the morning until all the orvis crowd woke up and then it was pure madness people wise.

Sunday in the rain...nearly 21 miles of trout management area...empty!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 06:03 AM »
I pray that every year for opening day it rains and so far it has for the last 4 or 5 years. Keeps all the rift raft at home and gives me more area to fish...... in peace.

John & Jon, I know you guys get it. Doesn't matter if your chasing trout with a long rod or a 10 pointer with a rifle. If you prepare for the weather than comfort is owned by you.
Wicked Wec

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 07:27 AM »
I hope this rain keeps up...

V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V

so it doesn't comes down!

My father pulled this one on us quite a bit.  ;D
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.