FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: DEATH OF PECKS POND  (Read 8175 times)

RuttNutt

Re: DEATH OF PECKS POND
« Reply #15 on: Mar 06, 2017, 02:08 PM »
It was a PITA to fish due to all the weeds. Not a big loss in my opinion.

CowDawg

« Reply #16 on: Mar 06, 2017, 07:38 PM »
Never fished it...   

RuttNutt

« Reply #17 on: Mar 15, 2017, 09:35 AM »
Look what I just found boys!  :o 

http://www.poconorecord.com/news/20170314/pecks-pond-dam-project-will-address-lake-weeds

SOUNDS good! But I guess we're gonna have to wait and see..................................

Spider1

« Reply #18 on: Mar 15, 2017, 10:20 AM »
not too good. Their idea for the weed problem is to let it die off from the drawdown? Once they fill it the weeds will come right back.

RuttNutt

« Reply #19 on: Mar 15, 2017, 11:19 AM »
Sounds good on paper!  ;)

CHEZ2

« Reply #20 on: Mar 15, 2017, 05:14 PM »
not too good. Their idea for the weed problem is to let it die off from the drawdown? Once they fill it the weeds will come right back.

I agree 100% Spider.

icemole

« Reply #21 on: Mar 27, 2017, 10:25 AM »
 Or the DNRC will spray weedkiller in the spring, like they do down here at their state park lakes(Hopewell, Marsh Creek + the Nock). The problem is they always seem to have fish kills shortly after. They claim it is stress from spawning - never noticed it as bad before the spraying  ::)

chris458wm

« Reply #22 on: Mar 27, 2017, 08:19 PM »
Awwww come on guys, I'm sure they have an engineer working on this weed problem and they'll fix it for sure.   :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

Spider1

« Reply #23 on: Mar 28, 2017, 10:24 AM »
the engineers already came up with a plan. They aren't gonna do a thing and hope the weeds go away on their own. They worked a lot of overtime on that plan!  :wacko:

CHEZ2

« Reply #24 on: Mar 29, 2017, 05:43 PM »
Awwww come on guys, I'm sure they have an engineer working on this weed problem and they'll fix it for sure.   :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
You tell them Chris.
Maybe if they put the pa lic up 30.00 dollars more they can fix the weed problem.they stink is the bottom line.
Spider your telling it the way it is Brother.
This is our State.check out ny. Problems.
They are taken care of quick.and right.
Pa Stinks.
A $25.00 pheasent stamp now.
They are insaine.

chris458wm

« Reply #25 on: Mar 29, 2017, 06:55 PM »
That's the great greed commission, make everyone buy a $25 pheasant permit to hunt pheasants except for junior and mentored youth hunters.  I guess it doesn't cost anything to raise and stock pheasants for junior and mentored youth hunters.  Then on top of that they're making the senior lifetime license holders buy a pheasant permit to hunt them even though when they bought their lifetime licenses small game including pheasants was included in the lifetime license.  And if that doesn't get you mad they just signed a multi-million dollar contract with a company to remove coal from certain game lands.  Those idiots need to be ran out and put people in with a brain rather than a sky high level of greed.

saphireblue99

« Reply #26 on: Apr 16, 2017, 08:58 AM »
THEIR BIG PROBLEM IS HUNTERS, REVENUE, THATS WHAT HAPPENED IN THE LAST 20 YEARS WITH ALL THE EXTRA PERMITS, DIFFERENT ARMS "CROSSBOWS,INLINES, EXTENDED SEASONS, TRYING TO GENERATE MORE INTEREST AND HUNTERS, DID YOU GO ARCHERY HUNTING IN THE 60'S OR 70'S?? HOW COMPLEX WAS YOU BOW BACK THEN?? FLINTLOCK IN RAIN AND SNOW TRYING TO KEEP YOUR PAN POWDER DRY , THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE IT AS EASY AS POSSIBLE,40 YEARS AGO I SAW LOTS OF YOUNG NEW BLOOD, YOUNG KIDS, HUNTING ON THE FIRST DAY, HOW MANY DO YOU SEE TODAY, WHEN WE ARE GONE WHO IS GOING TO BUY HUNTING LICENSES? THE VIDEO GAME GENERATION ::)DON'T THINK SO, PHEASANT STAMP, THEY WERE LIKE GEESE IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD IN THE 60'S AND 70'S, NOW THEY ARE LIKE AN ENDANGERED SPECIES HERE, I WOULD FEEL BAD SHOOTING THEM. JUST MY 2 CENTS, SORRY FOR THE RANT, BUT THE FISH COMMISSION IS EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEMS AND IT IS NOT GETTING BETTER FOR THEM EITHER.

saphireblue99

« Reply #27 on: Apr 17, 2017, 09:02 PM »
WENT BY TODAY ON THE WAY TO THE PACK, PECKS IS 2/3RDS  FILLED UP AGAIN ??? MAYBE CAUSE OF ALL THE HEAVY RAIN LATELY, LOTS OF STUMPS STCKING OUT.

saphireblue99

« Reply #28 on: Apr 22, 2017, 08:57 PM »
WENT PAST ON THE WAY TO WALLENPAUPACK ON MONDAY AND PECKS WAS 1/2 FULL, PROBABLY CAUSE OF ALL THE HEAVY RAIN

lingcod

« Reply #29 on: Jun 27, 2017, 02:25 PM »
I always had fun on Peck's ice-fishing for pickerel in the late 80's & ealy 90's. Hope it stays great.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.