FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Dickson City Gander Mountain  (Read 6093 times)

chris458wm

Dickson City Gander Mountain
« on: May 26, 2017, 04:08 PM »
I stopped at the Dickson City Gander Mountain to check out the going out of business sale and have to say it was a waste of time.  They had some ice fishing flashers there but you could get better prices on them almost anywhere else.  You can get better prices on fishing line at Walmart any time.  The lures were still over priced, can beat them at Dick's Sporting Goods.  The guns and ammo were marked down 5% which is still more than other stores want for them at full price.  Over all my advice is save your time and wait for the prices to get marked down more. 

filetandrelease

Re: Dickson City Gander Mountain
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 06:30 PM »
I stopped at our local GM and found some good buys ,

Spider1

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 05:38 AM »
yeah, one of my sons buddies went to Cabelas last weekend to get some camping gear. On his way home he stopped at the Dickson city GM to see if he could pick up any deals. He said all the stuff he got at Cabelas was more expensive at GM with their supposed sale. I don't think they will be liquidating very much inventory if they keep that up.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 07:40 AM »

Well from i what I'm seeing the real sales are on things that are out of season , but that's at my local store

chris458wm

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 10:18 AM »
The prices don't matter if it's an in or out of season item at the Dickson City Gander Mountain, all the prices are noticeably higher than other stores.

filetandrelease

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 10:59 AM »

40% off on all ice fishing after all ready reduced prices up here , rest of the stuff not really , wonder why the big difference , I'm sure it will happen at some point

chris458wm

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 05:58 PM »
At this one the discounts are off the full prices.  It doesn't surprise me in the least and is just another reason I call it Greed Hill.

CowDawg

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 07:46 PM »
Was there yesterday too Chris........

Nothing spectacular to say the least.. Fishing items were 10% or not much more.  All I bought was 2 fish jaw spreaders for my bullhead fishing...  for $3.99.........
As I was walking the aisles the guys were putting out new rod and reel combos as fast as I could check them out...  But all Top Dollar prices..  no deal there!

To answer some questions: 

Gander Mountain in Dickson City is staying right where there are located now!!!!  All they are doing is changing their name from "Gander Mountain" to "Gander Outdoors" 
Yes.... that is all they are doing!  and clearing out some stock.

Good thing a brand new Dick's and Field and Stream are being built just up the street in Viewmont Mall at the old Sear's location.

Spider1

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 07:32 AM »
dawg, where did you get that info about the store staying open? I just looked at the latest list of stores to stay open and Dickson City wasn't on it.

https://consumerist.com/2017/05/12/new-owner-of-gander-mountain-releases-updated-list-of-63-stores-staying-open/

CowDawg

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 08:33 AM »
The lady working the counter/register.

It's going to be under a new name though... "Gander Outdoors"  per what she told me.

I don't know if that's the same owners  maybe new owners.  ???

but staying in the same building.

Spider1

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 09:01 AM »
that answers why the prices ain't so great yet. From what I heard, the stores that are slated to close started their liquidation prices earlier. Gander World is what Camping world is gonna name the stores that stay open. Basically for name recognition.

chris458wm

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 10:05 AM »
Here's a question I thought of that I haven't seen anyone post up or address yet.   I wonder what's going to happen to all the credit card accounts people had with them.  Since the credit cards were only good in Gander Mountain and they're going out of business what's going to happen to them meaning where's the money going to go when people pay their bills?  I can't imagine the balances will be cancelled out and they won't be able to have everyone pay off whatever balance they have by a specific date. 

gundogwanted

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2017, 10:16 AM »
Stopped in Cicero and Watertown this past weekend on my way North, both stores are priced the same  as Dickson City. Seasonal items are up to 40% off and in-season items are at 10 to 15% off the already jacked up prices with an occasional 20%. Bay Rats were listed at $10.99 and Suffix braid at 16.99 for 150yds. Mono and  fluorocarbon were all above prices at the bargain cave  or Dicks or BP.
I need stuff now and bad, but it won't be from there.
Equal Billing: Crankbait degrees; Typically, the narrower the bill, the tighter the wiggle; the wider the bill, the wider the wobble.

RuttNutt

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 11:12 AM »
I stopped at the Middletown NY store yesterday. I noticed the sign said 40% off selected merchandise or something like that. It looked like the seasonal stuff(out of season) was the only thing that was 40% off. Some of the yak stuff was 15% off, but mostly everything was only 5-10% off.

I only picked up some .223 ammo which was 5% off, but I needed it and it was a good price already.

I asked the clerk and he said "it looks like this store will be closing".

chris458wm

« Reply #14 on: Jun 05, 2017, 11:04 AM »
I was talking with a friend of mine who's a department head at Elliot Brothers, a firearms and hunting gear wholesales company, over the weekend and we got talking about Gander Mountain's bankruptcy.  Jack told me that Gander Mountain is 525 MILLION in debt, which explains why the sale prices aren't so great.  He said that they even sold some of the guns that they bought off of Elliot Brothers back to them to try to clear up some of what they owe them. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.