FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best Beer?  (Read 102597 times)

Cider

Re: Best Beer?
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2004, 12:23 PM »
too bad its sunday morning cant buy a 12'er till noon :'(

Ahhh, the other infamous reason why I don't miss living in NY.  No alcohol laws like that up here!!

madbomber

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2004, 12:48 PM »
I'll drink a guiness every now and then "on someboby elses tab" but when you consume beer like I consume beer you gotta go with budweiser 1st then the stand by bud

on a recent ice fishing trip 3 days 4 people, my buddy said he would take care of the beer to the tune of 12 cases of budweiser, drank it all and went for more. ;D

another trip when I was younger 3 and 1 1/2 kegs 8 bottles wiskey/and other liquer and various 12 packs.did we catch fish ? dont remember even comeing home.
MADBOMBER

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2004, 10:55 AM »
DARN IT!!!

"Thank you for your interest in Molson.

Molson XXX is only available in Ontario and some "duty-free" store on the Quebec border.  It is also available in the following states: Ohio, New York, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

If you require more information, please feel free to contact our Molson Consumer Relations at 1-877-665-7661. 

Cheers!
Molson Web Site Team"

Cider

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2004, 10:59 AM »

Otter, they need to add New Hampshire to that list.  I have been buying it here for quite some time now!!

slipbob

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2004, 02:20 PM »
It's almost hefe season.  Some Paulaner and some Hoegarden with a fresh lemon wedge in my Pilsener glass.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good. ;) 
Okay I'm still drinking some Sierra stouts but the hefes are invading the fridge and oh yeah try some Brooklyn East India Pale Ales.  Very, very hoppy, well made and a cool looking bottle to boot.

buzzbomb

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2004, 12:20 PM »
Here in Sask. the most popular beers are Molsons (Pilsner, Canadian, etc.) though the Great Western Brewery in Saskatoon (formerly Carlings but bought by employees and made independant) has won a couple of awards I think.  If I'm having a domestic, it's usually a Pil or a Boh, eh, but I like British bitter (Websters when I can get it, or Bombardier).  My friends who brew scratch beer tend to shoot for that sort of taste, so that works out fine by me!  That xxx crap is one of several high test malts they sell in the liquor stores here for hopeless alcoholics so I tried it and found that it gave me too little fun and too sore a head.  I call it hospital beer.

slipbob

« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2004, 08:47 AM »
A sampling of the world's finest.
[/img]

Busby

« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2004, 12:20 PM »
Moosehead, keiths, canadian

fulltmedad

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Massachusetts Goatboys
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2004, 08:25 AM »
There's a "brew-your-own" pub in Shrewsbury, Mass on route 9 called Deja Brew...the head brewer there (Dave) has a beer called "Big Trouble" Not cheap, but you can only drink two of them. Second place would also go to Deja Brew and the "Marathon Gold"
This brewery is also the home of "GoatBoy Beer" although if you buy it there it is called "Stunner" (very limited production and be sure to call and make sure they have some brewed)
FTD

Cider

« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2004, 10:11 PM »
Slipbob, if you're going to drink a hefeweizen you might as well go for the real deal imported right from Bavaria...

The beer on the right came from the bottle on the left.  I really really like Maisels Weisse, but cannot get it over here.  I used to drink that religiously when living in Germany.  However, the Julius Echter is a pretty close substitute.  It went really well with tonight's weiner schnitzel, spaetzle, and sauerkraut!  ;D

slipbob

« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2004, 01:48 PM »
Slipbob, if you're going to drink a hefeweizen you might as well go for the real deal imported right from Bavaria...

The beer on the right came from the bottle on the left.  I really really like Maisels Weisse, but cannot get it over here.  I used to drink that religiously when living in Germany.  However, the Julius Echter is a pretty close substitute.  It went really well with tonight's weiner schnitzel, spaetzle, and sauerkraut!  ;D

So right Cider I have had the Julius a few times and it's a sweetie.  My local bevy center has growlers to go and they recently had a keg of Hoegarden which is fine too.  Excellent choice of hefes Cider.

slipbob

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2004, 12:16 PM »
This weekend's favorites.
[/img]

Cider

« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2004, 01:05 PM »
SB - where are you getting your imports from??

slipbob

« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2004, 01:41 PM »
SB - where are you getting your imports from??
I am lucky because we have a really good beverage center about 500 yards from my office.  They have a quality selection of beer from Europe and a lot of micro brewed domestics.  Most of it sells quickly enough that a fresh stock is usually had.  My brother has a place back in the Binghamton NY area that's called PMP delicatessan and the owner carries some really great German beer.  Lot's of stuff I can't recall but they sell mini kegs.  He's a German importer and specializes in beer that you won't find at any beverage center.  I just don't know enough about German beer to remember the names of some of it but it's way more than your average Dinkel Acker.

Cider

« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2004, 02:20 PM »
I just don't know enough about German beer to remember the names of some of it but it's way more than your average Dinkel Acker.

Ahh, there are so many "local" breweries in Germany that you would have to be a walking encyclopedia to remember it all anyway!!

500 yds from the office eh?  Takes the stress right out of a bad day at work!!  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.