FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Old fishing friend passed away  (Read 2753 times)

mowbizz

Re: Old fishing friend passed away
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2023, 04:02 PM »
Richard - AKA coffin dodger was a great friend, and an even better human being, he was one of the kindest, yet toughest most knowledgeable men you could ever want to meet, He was dealt a crappy health problem early in life, but it never stopped him from pursuing his dreams..

the original Knucklehead get togethers were   created to get him out on the ice after his health no longer allowed him to fish on his own...I have a fond memory of a day spent together in my shop talking woodworking, striper plugs and salmon fishing... at a sportsman's get together in concord new Hampshire, he taught my wife how to tie a mickey fin ( she has no interest in fishing or fly tying, she was passing time while i performed a seminar).. she has that fly framed. with a  picture of him showing her how to tie it..

As Ray said, he is a legend lost, the sporting world lost a great Steward he will be missed by many except maybe the Winnipesauke salmon.

God speed my friend, save a few for the rest of us, we will be along to join you once again eventually.
😢

lowaccord66

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2023, 10:20 PM »
Sorry for your loss Joe. 

Streamfisha

• Poolguy on IS
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2023, 04:01 AM »

I met Richard yrs ago on Great East and quickly formed a great friendship with him... I’ll always remember his orange logging boots a Red Bibs…..he was a wealth of knowledge and very humbling,  I’ll miss chatting with him on messenger as we would during the yr.
The picture is of Richard wrestling with a smallie on HighLand on one of several trips he Denny and myself had been on. 
Tight lines my dear old friend  :'(

zwiggles

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2023, 12:03 PM »
Richard - AKA coffin dodger was a great friend, and an even better human being, he was one of the kindest, yet toughest most knowledgeable men you could ever want to meet, He was dealt a crappy health problem early in life, but it never stopped him from pursuing his dreams..

the original Knucklehead get togethers were   created to get him out on the ice after his health no longer allowed him to fish on his own...I have a fond memory of a day spent together in my shop talking woodworking, striper plugs and salmon fishing... at a sportsman's get together in concord new Hampshire, he taught my wife how to tie a mickey fin ( she has no interest in fishing or fly tying, she was passing time while i performed a seminar).. she has that fly framed. with a  picture of him showing her how to tie it..

As Ray said, he is a legend lost, the sporting world lost a great Steward he will be missed by many except maybe the Winnipesauke salmon.

God speed my friend, save a few for the rest of us, we will be along to join you once again eventually.

Well said Rocc, the salmon are breathing a sigh of relief this spring.

hardwatergrampa

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2023, 10:15 PM »
                       RIP

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.