FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing for stocked trout, a question.  (Read 4451 times)

pikedaddy

• Big Bait..Big Fish
Re: Fishing for stocked trout, a question.
« Reply #15 on: Mar 29, 2010, 09:15 PM »
[img][/img]i dont know u tell me if it works

Marcus

« Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2010, 09:24 PM »
nice catch. I went and caughtt a bunch yesterday with my crappie set-up. Slip bobber 1/32 oz round jig head red/white 1 1/2 tube bait with a spike or waxie . I have used set-ups similar to pikedaddy only a little less weight for stockies. Also another good way to get them is with mepps or similar spinners, the real little ones I cast up stream and reel in the slack as it just flutters through takes a bit get the feeling on that one but it is effective. They really are not that hard to catch they an be line shy though. Good luck

crazy man

« Reply #17 on: Mar 29, 2010, 11:22 PM »
nice catch

JustOsmo

« Reply #18 on: Mar 30, 2010, 07:22 AM »
Nice fish pike. Check the IS forums. I posted something about a milk crate bait bucket holder for you that I use.

nh fishin fool

« Reply #19 on: Mar 30, 2010, 07:29 AM »
Nice fish pike. Check the IS forums. I posted something about a milk crate bait bucket holder for you that I use.

Just remember milk crates are owned by the milk company!!!!   I often find my company's in the back of contractor's trucks and just take them back, after dumping all their tools out!

JustOsmo

« Reply #20 on: Mar 30, 2010, 09:15 AM »
Just remember milk crates are owned by the milk company!!!!   I often find my company's in the back of contractor's trucks and just take them back, after dumping all their tools out!

LIAR!

http://www.duluthtrading.com/78090.aspx?src=T10WFSHP1

;D

nh fishin fool

« Reply #21 on: Mar 30, 2010, 12:55 PM »
LIAR!

http://www.duluthtrading.com/78090.aspx?src=T10WFSHP1

;D

What a rip off, we pay about 4.35  a piece, but then again we get them 10,000 at a time.... ;D

JustOsmo

« Reply #22 on: Mar 30, 2010, 02:32 PM »
My Power Bait came in. Natural Scent Corn yellow Trout Bait. The Dough, not the balls. I hope it works!!! :-)

troutaddict33

« Reply #23 on: Mar 30, 2010, 02:35 PM »
Power Bait.... lol

JustOsmo

« Reply #24 on: Mar 30, 2010, 02:45 PM »
Power Bait.... lol

Is there a problem?

Marcus

« Reply #25 on: Mar 30, 2010, 03:38 PM »
I am not a big fan of powerbait, but it is very effective. I saw guys using regular corn and doing well the other day on the creek I was fishing. Osmo downsize your rig and pay attention to how you approach your spot and your shadows and you should have all the trout you could want. I am not a big fan of trout fishing but when the cold front puts the crappies into a negative mood they are the only fish willing to hit. Good luck. I use size 8-10 hooks and 4 lb test if that helps. If you are going to try anything but the slip sinker rig that pikedayddy suggested use the least amount of weight that will work.

CoreyL302

« Reply #26 on: Mar 30, 2010, 03:41 PM »
If your fishing a lake or pond use and 1/8th oz egg sinker held more the a foot away with a pinch weight. a size 8 hook will be perfect. Thats how I rig power bait. It works well in low light and any where theres current

JustOsmo

« Reply #27 on: Mar 30, 2010, 04:10 PM »
I am not a big fan of powerbait, but it is very effective. I saw guys using regular corn and doing well the other day on the creek I was fishing. Osmo downsize your rig and pay attention to how you approach your spot and your shadows and you should have all the trout you could want. I am not a big fan of trout fishing but when the cold front puts the crappies into a negative mood they are the only fish willing to hit. Good luck. I use size 8-10 hooks and 4 lb test if that helps. If you are going to try anything but the slip sinker rig that pikedayddy suggested use the least amount of weight that will work.

Ya I took his advice and ordered a kit of egg sinkers a 5'6" UL Rod and Reel Combo a kit of trout size hooks ( Sizes 6, 8, 10, 12 Hooks and Size 14 and 16 Trebles).

I also already have 6lb Berkley Fluorocarbon that I would think will be good for trout fishing.

pikedaddy

• Big Bait..Big Fish
« Reply #28 on: Mar 30, 2010, 04:39 PM »
the hooks i use come in a hard plastic pack eagle claw 20 of em size 16 or 18 real small u can get em right at walmart .Ihave been havin luck with power eggs  pink or orange with alittle special sauce

Marcus

« Reply #29 on: Mar 30, 2010, 05:32 PM »
yup that is the set-up to use.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.