FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513218 times)

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2625 on: Sep 10, 2018, 04:35 PM »
Thanks guys. They milled into 13 quarts of juice that's still cooking down. The house smells great!

That sure looks good, Dom! Wish my sauce was done!   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2626 on: Sep 10, 2018, 07:30 PM »
Looks delicious Dom. We're making sauce next weekend. Cooked up a storm for our clam bake last Saturday. What a great early fall day to party and chow down.

I'll probably pull the tomatoes this coming weekend and fire up the chipper up to make compost. I'll empty the bin and add to the beds then fill it up again with the accumulated garden waste. The snow peas are almost 6' tall with a ton of blossoms. Time is coming to plant the greens in the trough and a fall crop of radishes. Need to order some seed garlic too. I have plenty for the hardneck but want to try a couple of other varieties.

Learned a lot this year. Had a really good harvest and put up a good stock of pickles and salsa. But, its fall and I can see the end in sight.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2627 on: Sep 11, 2018, 08:34 AM »
I've still got at least another two bushels of tomatoes on the vine, so it will be a while before I pull my plants.  ;D
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2628 on: Sep 11, 2018, 05:09 PM »
We had tomatoes and cukes with dinner tonight ( last of the cukes). Snow peas are really growing fast. Hope they produce. .

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2629 on: Sep 16, 2018, 07:11 AM »
Been taking care of the neighbors chickens and  I got this yesterday..   Bet that hurt coming out....... :o :o :o

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2630 on: Sep 17, 2018, 04:42 PM »
Told my Bride this morning that I'm really gonna miss going out to the garden and picking my lunch. Had two kinds of tomatoes and fresh picked snow peas for lunch today. Added some left over ribeye steak chunks ...just because I had left over ribeye.
👍
Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2631 on: Sep 17, 2018, 05:35 PM »
Me to Bob.
Having tomato on toast  tonight with relish on it. Its almost over..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2632 on: Sep 17, 2018, 05:55 PM »
I was just planning my weekend. Looks like the chipper/shredder is coming out of hibernation. I have to crop my asparagus. The snow peas and asparagus are becoming "one with the universe". Can't make my way down the beds any more, and the snow peas need the sunlight.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2633 on: Sep 18, 2018, 03:20 PM »
Ask and you shall receive!
Rg

tomturkey

« Reply #2634 on: Sep 18, 2018, 05:45 PM »
Rg  Do not be in a hurry to take down your Asparagus. It should be left until it turns brown as it is still building the strength of the crowns. Our asparagus growers do not mow it off until it is brown.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2635 on: Sep 18, 2018, 06:23 PM »
I don't usually do anything to it till spring....based on your advice. But, I've pruned it back several times without any negative effects. I'll probably just give it a " haircut". We harvested a nice amount last year and the plants are way more full as the summer wore on.

It's a nice little patch.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2636 on: Sep 18, 2018, 06:44 PM »

Nachos with garden fresh salsa.  ;D

That's what I miss every year. Fresh salsa!    :(

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2637 on: Sep 18, 2018, 06:59 PM »
And...lemonade in the background?👍

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2638 on: Sep 18, 2018, 07:22 PM »
Uhh.... Lime-ade. No scurvy for me!  Lol.  8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2639 on: Sep 20, 2018, 06:04 PM »
Good man!
I may have picked my last tomato this morning. I'm guessing I'll be firing up the chipper this weekend and making compost for the spring. There's quite a pile of stuff to shred already and I've got a bunch more to add. My snow peas took a hit last night. The huge amount of moisture in the air and fairly cold temps caused many of them to tip over. Don't know if they can recover. Pretty much a failed crop. I think the excessively warm temps caused them to shoot up way more than usual. They were near 8' tall.

But......it's time to plant some fall greens and radishes👍👍👍

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.