FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BIP Gang- Ponds and Lake Adventures  (Read 151947 times)

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
Re: BIP Gang- Ponds and Lake Adventures
« Reply #255 on: May 09, 2013, 09:42 PM »
Sounds like good times. I wanted to get out between the rains this evening myself but got stuck at work.

Dispy

« Reply #256 on: May 10, 2013, 06:33 AM »
Sounds like good times. I wanted to get out between the rains this evening myself but got stuck at work.
It was one of those magically "in tune" with nature moments. I think those are what we as fishermen aspire to achieve :)
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

Dispy

« Reply #257 on: May 10, 2013, 07:04 AM »
If I were you, I would have Gorilla Head mount a Go Pro or other sealed camera ( they are out there) and put that fancy Digitroll on a 3' bottom sensor mode.
If you can't get that to happen....
What a great idea, GH with wetsuit, chumbag, GoPro and maybe get Potatoman's daughter to carve up one of those nice looking spears for him while he's down there ;)  :laugh: :laugh:  :'( :laugh: :laugh: :w00t: :rotflol:

Sorry GH, a little fun at your expense :)
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

lavaman

« Reply #258 on: May 10, 2013, 08:53 AM »
wtg team BIP. hope to c ya soon. looks like fun times.

Dispy

« Reply #259 on: May 10, 2013, 02:22 PM »
wtg team BIP. hope to c ya soon. looks like fun times.
5:30 am sharp. Be here or be square. Looking forward to fishing with both you and Sorelippin'.

Dispy

« Reply #260 on: May 10, 2013, 07:58 PM »
Team BIP is out late fishing for pouts with modest results. Dead shiners are producing some rather hefty fish, hopefully they'll have some pics to post later. As I was fueling up for tomorrow's early morning trout adventure, the boys had 3 rods fire and reeled in a few catcher's mit sized fish. The special marinade is waiting for them. YUM YUM :)

gorilla head

• tbe back porch II
« Reply #261 on: May 11, 2013, 08:47 AM »
What a great idea, GH with wetsuit, chumbag, GoPro and maybe get Potatoman's daughter to carve up one of those nice looking spears for him while he's down there ;)  :laugh: :laugh:  :'( :laugh: :laugh: :w00t: :rotflol:

Sorry GH, a little fun at your expense :)

boooooo hhooooooo.  I want my mommy

Dispy

« Reply #262 on: May 11, 2013, 01:02 PM »
Today was the day of all days to get on the trout bite. Friends Sorelippin and Lavaman joined me in what started out as a rainy day. But by 6:30 am the rain let up and the fun began. Thanks to you both for another great outing with some nice quality fish :)

On our first line set, Lavaman hooked into a fish within minutes. Mayhem broke loose with both Kevin and Jesse doubling up on what would be the first of many doubles today. A few were caught while letting out the lines, within 20 feet of the boat. Water temps were at 65*F. Trolling at 2.1-2.7 mph proved to be the magic speeds over 50-75 feet of water.

18 Rainbows , 5 lost at the boat, 1 Whitey Bulger, 3 Sunfish, 1 Pickerel, 1 Crappie and 3 Yellow Perch were caught today. All but 6 rainbows were released for another day.

Some pictures from today and one very short video. Sorry guys, after my camera went into the drink it appears to not take video anymore. I wished I could have captured some of the long battles and spectacular aerial leaps :(  Maybe next time.

And a short video: Click on pic to watch:

PapaAthona

« Reply #263 on: May 11, 2013, 01:51 PM »
WOW awesome fish guys!  Nice work!

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #264 on: May 11, 2013, 02:52 PM »
Looks like a great day, I like that first pic. The trout bite was definitely hot today... My buddy got a 14" rainbow on a crankbait while we were fishing smallies on a downed tree. Pretty surprising.

lavaman

« Reply #265 on: May 11, 2013, 03:53 PM »
great pictures Tom. the secret lure was almost reveiled.  :o PK was here. thanks for the hospitality.

deerme

« Reply #266 on: May 12, 2013, 07:57 AM »
you are getting REALLY good at producing these videos tom!  i know it's not easy, but you sure make it look easy!

keep the reports and media coming  ;D

deerhunter

« Reply #267 on: May 12, 2013, 08:41 AM »
some nice fish there guys. good video. :thumbup_smilie: :

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #268 on: May 12, 2013, 08:52 AM »
Nice stringer of bows, guys.
Wet days are often my favorites.
 "2.1-2.7 mph proved to be the magic speeds", LOL

Dispy

« Reply #269 on: May 12, 2013, 07:26 PM »
Nice stringer of bows, guys.
Wet days are often my favorites.
 "2.1-2.7 mph proved to be the magic speeds", LOL
Thanks fellas, it was a pleasant day catching with friends and the fishing wasn't bad either :)

Seahunt- the reason I posted speeds :laugh: was to not provide redundant knowledge :)  I should have elaborated upon the cliche ;) and stated " Varying the boats speeds, 2.7 to a dead throttle,  down to .5, then an increase of speed to 2.1 produced several finicky biters into striking. Trolling at a steady 2.7 speed did not provide the same action, given the techniques we were using today." ;D Good luck up in the North East Kingdom* tomorrow :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.