FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Neatahwanta  (Read 2778 times)

Fishin-Mission

Lake Neatahwanta
« on: Jul 02, 2022, 04:57 PM »
Is Lake Neatahwanta worth fishing. Years ago I caught a few Large Mouth Bass and an occasional crappie.  The last few times I could not find many fish. I thought a read a few years ago that the fish were polluted or contaminated, something like that.

Does anybody fish that lake and have success?

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: Lake Neatahwanta
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2022, 05:19 PM »
highly toxic watershed  ...it's believed the  mop threw Jimmy Hoffa's body in the lake and the pollutants disolved the  body within minutes ......research  has  been  done  and the results  point to the  fact that if you fish that body of water for  ant length of  time  your hair will turn red you'll lose  20 points of your IQ  score  and  you'll start  talking to yourself.....the only  fish that  have been  known to  survive there  is  mutated   gobies  and meat  eating  carp....remember now no one  has  been allowed to swim in that water for over 30 years and those that  did ....well you don't hear about them ......( government  cover up ). your best bet is to stay right away from that lake and to be honest i don't trust oswego river or  oswego harbor  either ..... good  luck
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

KingPerch

« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2022, 05:53 PM »
I’m with Trapper!!! That lake has a strange vibe about it!!😁
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

gotagetm

« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2022, 06:21 PM »
By the detailed description trap sounds like you've eaten fish out of there for years! 😅

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2022, 06:27 PM »
highly toxic watershed  ...it's believed the  mop threw Jimmy Hoffa's body in the lake and the pollutants disolved the  body within minutes ......research  has  been  done  and the results  point to the  fact that if you fish that body of water for  ant length of  time  your hair will turn red you'll lose  20 points of your IQ  score  and  you'll start  talking to yourself.....the only  fish that  have been  known to  survive there  is  mutated   gobies  and meat  eating  carp....remember now no one  has  been allowed to swim in that water for over 30 years and those that  did ....well you don't hear about them ......( government  cover up ). your best bet is to stay right away from that lake and to be honest i don't trust oswego river or  oswego harbor  either ..... good  luck

Hmmm... Sounds like a coveted fishing hole to me.  :rotflol:

Reminds me of a fly in trip I did with my dad many years ago. Camp owner said don't bother fishing one of the ponds up there (mountains) 'cause it doesn't have any fish in it.  We still think it was his own little fishing hole he didn't want us to fish. We should have fished it.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

trapper2000

« Reply #5 on: Jul 02, 2022, 06:31 PM »
By the detailed description trap sounds like you've eaten fish out of there for years! 😅

nope dog swam in it and fell  dead!   however i have  sold  some  in your area

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Jul 02, 2022, 08:21 PM »
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

trapper2000

« Reply #7 on: Jul 03, 2022, 04:22 AM »
jerry garcia came to Lake Neatahwanta drank the water  buzzed  for  5  days drooling on himself and renamed  the  place  lake marijuana........

seriously  there are  signs  everywhere to not get in the water or allow your  pet to get in  ( placed  by the  state  and  city of  fulton)....... do what you think  best ...... ::)

trapper2000

« Reply #8 on: Jul 03, 2022, 04:27 AM »

if you decide to go  enjoy your  day !  let us  know  how you made  out !  oh the good  news ....there won't be a  crowd

Fishin-Mission

« Reply #9 on: Jul 03, 2022, 05:46 AM »
It sounds like I should continue to avoid fishing Lake Neatahwanta for health and safety reasons. Sounds like the water would likely eat a hole through my cheap Kayak. I thought fishing Onondaga Lake was risky, but I do not see any signs on that lake telling me to avoid letting my pets swim.

The Dec web pages does not list any warnings about Lake Neatahwanta, but it sounds like they probably should.
https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/107292.html

trapper2000

« Reply #10 on: Jul 03, 2022, 06:16 AM »
i actually  fish it  ,the  scare  wasn't pollution it was  blue  algae ....  thers a  nice  kayak launch    at one time the  city was  going to rent kayaks  and that went  down the river ...... go  and  enjoy yourself

in fact i  have  talked  about  fishing it and  addressed the  pollution  statements  before  and  often have  people  attack me  .... the  dec  will tell you theres  nothing wrong with the  lake  accept  occasional  blue  algae blooms  which  even happen in Oneida lake

ps  kill all the little  white perch you  catch ....thats  posted on signs  as  well

Fishin-Mission

« Reply #11 on: Jul 03, 2022, 03:23 PM »
I believe I saw something from Trap on Ice shanty about fishing this lake and though he lived near Fulton. Maybe I will give it another try to see what I can dredge up from the bottom. Perhaps I will hook onto Jimmy Hoffa's skeleton.

Speaking of dredging. I read something about the lake being dredged. Was the lake dredged? If so when and did it have a positive effect on the lake or just a waste of money?

If I give it a try I will report what success/failure I have.

trapper2000

« Reply #12 on: Jul 03, 2022, 03:58 PM »
they are  still in the process   of sucking up the  bottom  silt  and removing it

old man river

« Reply #13 on: Jul 03, 2022, 08:09 PM »
   Cowabunga!  DUDE !!!

ralph

trapper2000

« Reply #14 on: Jul 04, 2022, 07:17 AM »
   Cowabunga!  DUDE !!!

:rotflol:  thats  great