FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Finally..back on the Susky!  (Read 2841 times)

Sluggo / NY

Finally..back on the Susky!
« on: Jan 10, 2013, 05:26 PM »
The launch was clear and most of the ice is gone.. so it seemed like a good day to hit the river. It took a while to find them, but I managed to get a limit of nice eater size walleyes.. the last one came on my last drift just before dark. I don't know where the big girls are hiding.. but maybe I can figure it out tomorrow. A couple of fatheads on an 1/8 oz. jig dirfted slowly was what worked for me. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

riverjunky

Re: Finally..back on the Susky!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2013, 05:46 PM »
wtg. the way the weather is going to be this weekend I might have to go to the river myself and try to get some eyes

choo choo

« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2013, 02:30 PM »
Nice job Sluggo..delaware is fishing good again too..fished yesterday and nailed 6 on jig/ plastics...no big ones over 18 ".
I'm fishing my way through life .

wellsley

« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2013, 11:29 AM »
Good to see you got out Chris, congrats.
LIFE MEMBER OF NORTH AMERICA FISHING CLUB

Sluggo / NY

« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2013, 12:42 PM »
Got back out this past Friday after being iced off for a spell. Wind was brutal til about 4 but the temp made it bareable. No big fish, but kept five nice eaters. Five other boats out there.. one guy dropped a big female back in. Not hardly fast and furious, but it sure felt good to get back on the water! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris) 

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2013, 02:03 PM »
Way to go Sluggo...   Where has FuzzyGrub and his kid been? 
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Sluggo / NY

« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2013, 09:44 AM »
Way to go Sluggo...   Where has FuzzyGrub and his kid been?
Haven't seen them in ages.. but they normally fish downriver a ways from where I launch.

wellsley

« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2013, 11:28 AM »
It should start getting better on the river soon. I hope the weather holds for you Chris.
LIFE MEMBER OF NORTH AMERICA FISHING CLUB

oldcrappie

« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2013, 06:20 PM »
Hey Sluggo, When I used to live down in that area, we would put in below Murphy's Island but more often go to Enjoy or Hiawatha. I haven't fished the river in years. Had many a good time drifting for eyes when the water was right. Your making me want to give my old buddies a call and make a date.  :laugh:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.