FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Adelphia/Time Warner  (Read 8312 times)

archbishop

Adelphia/Time Warner
« on: Aug 04, 2006, 08:18 AM »
 >:( first they take away our NFL network in the change, which they were ordered by the FCC not to do because it violated our rights of a 30 day notice, then they were ordered to turn it back on yesterday morning, it didnt come back on until this morning, but there is no sound >:( then last night everyone around here's cable internet went out (and im assuming all adelphia memebers in WNY) and all they had on there phone message was it was a temporary problem >:( 12 hours is more than temporary, im sick of this time warner crap already, is anyone else having problems with them ???

eyedoktr

Re: Adelphia/Time Warner
« Reply #1 on: Aug 04, 2006, 08:21 AM »
Arch, I've had Time Warner for the last 7+ years and have absolutely nothing to complain about. IF there is a problem that can't be fixed over the phone , they come out and fix it for nothing.

My guess is that there are problems somewhere converting the Adelphia signals, trunks, hubs, etc. over to TW.
Pete Lewis

Fishingking

« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2006, 08:31 AM »
the only prob i have with time warner is when the freaken internet cuts out just long enough to mess things up :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

archbishop

« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2006, 08:45 AM »
just yesterday they said nothing will be interupted because we have 6 months to switch from broadband to roadrunner and until then the internet wont be disrupted? when you call to make the switch they will come out and switch everything, i think they are just messing up ??? i have never had a problem with adephia broadband :tipup: i know they are getting flooded with hate mail and news reports about the NFL network BS, and then talking the BS that there not going to raise our rates just yet ???

archbishop

« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2006, 08:49 AM »
whats the differance between broadband and rosdrunner ? isnt that broadband to

lol, yeah it is, its just the name, adelphia broadband and time warner roadrunner, there both broadband internet

ALTHOUGH IT SEEMS LIKE I HAVE 56K RIGHT NOW, FREAKING BS >:(

slipbob

« Reply #5 on: Aug 04, 2006, 08:56 AM »
Time Warner rocks!  I only like dealing with major name companies when it comes to cable and phone service live Verizon or TW.  These "fly by night" no name companies won't get my business even if I have to pay more.  My feeling is if they don't have their own trucks or repair crews it's not worth doing business with them. 

archbishop

« Reply #6 on: Aug 04, 2006, 09:09 AM »
ok but wait till everyone has to switch their e-mail that could get interesting

yeah, thatll be a good one :tipup:
adelphia isnt a fly by night company either ???
just went bankrupt when the presidents and CEO, basically the whole Rigas family got caught with there hands in the cookie jar, big cookies too, a couple billion worth of cookies :tipup:

devil-man

« Reply #7 on: Aug 04, 2006, 09:19 AM »
Time Warner rocks!

I've never had a problem with them either.
Good, clean, fast connection all the time...

archbishop

« Reply #8 on: Aug 04, 2006, 09:25 AM »
I've never had a problem with them either.
Good, clean, fast connection all the time...

probably not, but they werent supposed to mess with the internet until you called and made an appointment to switch, now since they went down yesterday, and came back online this morning, its been slower than heck >:(
im not paying for 56k speed :tipup: plus theres still no sound on my NFL network, now that we finally got it back after 2 days, you guys wouldnt miss it, you dont have it on time warner :tipup:

buffaloice

« Reply #9 on: Aug 04, 2006, 09:39 AM »
I,as well was FURIOUS when they yoked my NFL network, ive emailed,called,and harrassed a Time Warner guy on my street...its one thing to raise the  rates(not saying thats right,either) but to go like a thief in the night and one of the 6 channels that i watch when im not fishing and working? im done with cable, getting the dish next month....Jay, my NFL network has been on since midnight last night and the sound works fine...maybe something in your area?

archbishop

« Reply #10 on: Aug 04, 2006, 09:44 AM »
Jay, my NFL network has been on since midnight last night and the sound works fine...maybe something in your area?

probably, my neighbors sound is out as well ???
probably because we are in the adelphia home area ???

i would much rather have my dish back, it never went out in 2 years, cable goes out all the time? all there comercials are about how dish goes out? it never does, my only problem is i have no home phone, (cell phones only) so i cant get DSL, which i also like better tha ncable internet, but i get more channels with dish than cable and its $15 cheaper, problem is the cost of a phone to get DSL is more ??? maybe when i move back to buffalo this year ill switch :tipup:

CNY Farmer

« Reply #11 on: Aug 04, 2006, 09:49 AM »
probably not, but they werent supposed to mess with the internet until you called and made an appointment to switch, now since they went down yesterday, and came back online this morning, its been slower than heck >:(
im not paying for 56k speed :tipup: plus theres still no sound on my NFL network, now that we finally got it back after 2 days, you guys wouldnt miss it, you dont have it on time warner :tipup:

Arch,your just upset as  you can't "check up" on everybody on MFF  as fast with your internet running slower :whistling: ;) 
I'd rather be fishing instead of milking!!!!

archbishop

« Reply #12 on: Aug 04, 2006, 09:53 AM »
Arch,your just upset as  you can't "check up" on everybody on MFF  as fast with your internet running slower :whistling: ;) 

this is a very good point, but im an inpatient person to begin with, thats why i have always had cable or DSL, i would smash my PC with 56k, this is driving me nuts and i know its just temporary until they get the bugs out, plus they said it wouldnt be interupted, and they go and mess with it and slow it down :tipup:

buffaloice

« Reply #13 on: Aug 04, 2006, 09:55 AM »
great,now their advertising on MFF!!!there goes our posts.....

ifishhi

• fall togue on a 6wt.....what a fight!
« Reply #14 on: Aug 04, 2006, 10:00 AM »
i have seen the ads about the switch ,but i haven't recived anything yet + my e-mail is still working

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.