FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Adelphia/Time Warner  (Read 8314 times)

archbishop

Re: Adelphia/Time Warner
« Reply #15 on: Aug 04, 2006, 10:02 AM »
i have seen the ads about the switch ,but i haven't recived anything yet + my e-mail is still working

we have 6 months, but if you have the adelphia.net then im assuming you cannot use that after you switch, i luckily have a hotmail addy, probably wont need to mess with it :tipup:

perchwisher

• nice one!!!
« Reply #16 on: Aug 04, 2006, 10:22 AM »
I hope Time Warner Treats There employees better than adelphia.Adelphia was great under the rigas's Then the scandal sh#t hit and everything went down hill.I worked there 6 1/2 yrs.I still keep in contact with some people there and from the sounds of it there glad they stuck it out great benefits, pension,stocks,more paid time off.Sounds alot better than it was with adelphia.6 1/2 yrs of being a good employee got me nothing more than a screwed up knee that now i cant do most of the stuff i use to without being in severe pain.And why just so i could get the job done right?If i new this was going to happen i would of done alot of things different.Now my kids have to suffer because i cant do alot of things and because adelphia chose to fire me instead of offering me another position.Adelphia definitly didnt care about there employees in the end when the money crunch is on.I hope i great a great settlement from my injury will see if i laugh in the end.
JUST ONE LAST CAST!

archbishop

« Reply #17 on: Aug 04, 2006, 10:27 AM »
I hope Time Warner Treats There employees better than adelphia.Adelphia was great under the rigas's Then the scandal sh#t hit and everything went down hill.I worked there 6 1/2 yrs.I still keep in contact with some people there and from the sounds of it there glad they stuck it out great benefits, pension,stocks,more paid time off.Sounds alot better than it was with adelphia.6 1/2 yrs of being a good employee got me nothing more than a screwed up knee that now i cant do most of the stuff i use to without being in severe pain.And why just so i could get the job done right?If i new this was going to happen i would of done alot of things different.Now my kids have to suffer because i cant do alot of things and because adelphia chose to fire me instead of offering me another position.Adelphia definitly didnt care about there employees in the end when the money crunch is on.I hope i great a great settlement from my injury will see if i laugh in the end.

yeah when the rigas family messed up they screwed alot of people, not in just the money, but now they left there hometown values and treating employees like family behind when a commitee or whatever took over, im glad in that way that time warner took over, at least they know what they are doing :tipup:

archbishop

« Reply #18 on: Aug 04, 2006, 11:43 AM »
No compaints here with Time Warner Cable.  They come when asked to look at something and if there is a problem on their end, it is fixed at that time.  If the problem is on the side down stream of the demarc..  they will usually fix that too if it doen't take them too long.  I've seen the meter results on several occassions, their high speed is high speed.

I know professionally I have dealt with several different cable companies and TWC is definitely a step above others when I've needed to get information for clients projects.

im not saying i dont want time warner, im not even saying i dont like time warner, i had them in virginia, its just they are started off on the wrong foot since they bought adelphia, they are saying all these things, then doing the exact opposite that same day? raising our rates, well that would be eventual anyway, as long as they dont slam us, or i will be going back to dish, and now they want to take channels away? and raise our rates? i see the execs. at dish network and direct tv with big smiles on there faces, but now its a wait and see game. as of now its about $100/mo. for internet and cable tv, without special channels, with direct tv, its $28 for DSL, $35 for a phone line and $55 for 3 rooms sattelite tv with all the specialty channels, speed, nfl, oln, outdoor, sportsman, etc... thats $118 if they raise the rates, i see a mad rush to sattelite :tipup:

buffaloice

« Reply #19 on: Aug 04, 2006, 12:03 PM »
one of the big problems is, there is no competition among cable companies around here...in essence it is a monopoly, so they can basically do whatever they want, i understand the fact that the Nfl network is charging more this year to carry preseason/and 7 regular season games, but by taking it off right away, time Warner has started off on the wrong foot in WNY.

archbishop

« Reply #20 on: Aug 04, 2006, 12:27 PM »
one of the big problems is, there is no competition among cable companies around here...in essence it is a monopoly, so they can basically do whatever they want, i understand the fact that the Nfl network is charging more this year to carry preseason/and 7 regular season games, but by taking it off right away, time Warner has started off on the wrong foot in WNY.

NFL just filed an thing with the FCC, apparently time warner lied to all the consumers about the NFL channel wanting to change the rates :tipup: according to the news time warner may screw themselves in this area, they reported that the dispute isnt even over money, if that was the case it would just effect the switching adelphia customers, its an ongoing dispute that time warner has with the NFL itself :tipup:

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: Aug 05, 2006, 11:36 AM »
well i can tell you a few things.......

time warner intentionally messes with the ports vonage uses on time warners network, in hopes you will be upset with the vonage phone  service and switch to time warners phone.

time warners phone is 39.99 and vonage is 24.99

i keep getting phone calls from time warner asking me to switch to there phone. why? i have vonage and its 15 bucks cheaper. there answer....you can bundle your services and save money. so i make them do the math to me over the phone. oh its a 2 dollar difference. so time warner can keep there overpriced phone service

not to mention having to get rid of there dvr service because i went through 13 hd dvr boxes in a period of nine months...there answer... your using it too much  ??? ??? ???

my answer? come and pick it up now and ill switch to tivo. i have read time warner memos on an explorer dvr hate group on yahoo that acknowleges time warners firmware has serious issues. then they tell me they never have problems with em. my grandmother has gone through 6 in a year!

there a bunch of liars

currently my tv service is over 130 bucks a month. its rediculus, but they have you by the balls

untill broadband over power lines throws them out of the internet market  ;D ;D ;D

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

wnybassman

• The Real "No Good"
« Reply #22 on: Aug 05, 2006, 03:16 PM »
No problems here with my trusty old dial-up connection!!

I have no high speed options, other than satellite, which I have been tempted to get but the price really scares me off.

Man do I suck or what??

I hope your problem gets resolved.

ajwiez2

« Reply #23 on: Aug 05, 2006, 06:42 PM »
I want to know what any of this has to do with fishing  and why the mods haven't shut it off before this like they do other stuff that shows up on here that doesn't have to do with fishing either.

ifishhi

• fall togue on a 6wt.....what a fight!
« Reply #24 on: Aug 05, 2006, 07:28 PM »
it has to do with fishing people (alot) ;D

archbishop

« Reply #25 on: Aug 07, 2006, 08:13 AM »
I want to know what any of this has to do with fishing  and why the mods haven't shut it off before this like they do other stuff that shows up on here that doesn't have to do with fishing either.

i was trying to make the lurkers mad because they wasted there time reading theis when the could have been steeling tidbits of information from other people :tipup:

it has to do with fishing because it interfears with the internet and access to this site, also outdoor programing :tipup:

nylineman

« Reply #26 on: Aug 07, 2006, 10:16 PM »
The problem with cable companies is that they aren't regulated like the telcos, they can raise rates and change programming as they choose.....unfortunately most people don't have a choice, unless you want to settle for dial-up. my opinion is nothing better then DSL from your local telephone company if it is available where you live, plus it is good to support union labor!  ;) VOIP doesn't work to good when the power is out either
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." - Doug Larson

ifishhi

• fall togue on a 6wt.....what a fight!
« Reply #27 on: Aug 08, 2006, 07:03 AM »
True..but who doesn't have a cell phone in the year 2006? 
i don't. they wont work around here so no point

archbishop

« Reply #28 on: Aug 08, 2006, 11:50 AM »
Well then I would recommend to you to keep a traditional phone line or spend some big money on a satellite phone   :o

big money isnt any exaggerating :o have you seen the prices for those phones ???

slipbob

« Reply #29 on: Aug 08, 2006, 01:18 PM »
True..but who doesn't have a cell phone in the year 2006? 

Whew, I just made it.  ;D   I got my very FIRST cell phone in June of 2005 ::) 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.