FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: OT Tree Removal  (Read 4796 times)

wickedgoodatv

Re: OT Tree Removal
« Reply #15 on: Apr 25, 2008, 09:54 PM »
No believe me!!  LOL

There were plenty of trees safely cut down and properly removed within striking distance to power lines and houses before some lobbyist group bought off a politician or government agency with some self serving rule or law about how it needed to be done.

There are plenty of guys out there and probably plenty of guys on this board that are not licensed/insured arborists on this board that could properly and efficiantly remove those trees without any troubles at all.

It's people that don't have any idea what they are talking about that ask for and vote in stupid rules like this.

Let the business man run his business.  You take care of yours.  Everybody is happy.

What do you do for work?

Maybe the rest of us can lobby the state to make a rule that you need some government controlled training and certification and increased insurance rates.  How bout some special license fees and additional taxes to charge your customers so we can run the new agency that will oversee your industry.  Maybe we can tie you up all day long in red tape and paperwork so you cannot get done the job you are hired to do, requiring you to charge more money to your customers but leaving less money in your pocket at the end of the day.

BTW, I have no professional interest in industry in this topic, I as a overtaxed and over regulated citizen of this state wanted to voice my opinion, while clutching my 12 guage and bible.  But I'm not bitter, just observant.

Hey Scot, you still coming over this weekend to cut them trees down that are leaning towards my house?
My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked, and it's price competitive. If you like, I'll trade for one of yours.

robbfishing

« Reply #16 on: Apr 26, 2008, 05:14 AM »
you cant figure out what i do for work? im the guy who comes and cleans up the mess somebody created because they "thought" they could cut that tree down no problem  then knocks out power to thousands of people or worse yet hurts himself or others in the prosess  or worse yet im the guy the fire department has to wait for while the guy is laying  dead under the tree when the power line is laying there still hot and burning   im just trying to tell people to be careful electricty dosent care who it kills  it just wants to go to ground :P i see people all the time who have no busniuss running a chainsaw   nevermind cutting trees get in to trouble people get killed all the time cutting trees they thought they could cut  im just saying be smart about it  !!

fiddlehead322

« Reply #17 on: Apr 26, 2008, 05:48 AM »
nothing to do with government it has to do with knowing what you are doing  belive me!
  Come on! This is Maine! Musta seen a tree before! Mainers have been cutting their own trees for years! A lot of wood gets burned every year that is cut by the average Joe! I little common sense and a good lenght of rope goes a long way! ;D

fishfry

« Reply #18 on: Apr 26, 2008, 07:51 AM »
WOW!!!! A guy asks for simple advice about a couple of trees, and the whinefest begins!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

robbfishing

« Reply #19 on: Apr 26, 2008, 08:52 AM »
yuo i agree i was just trying to help ??? didnt want anybody to get hurt :-\

fishfry

« Reply #20 on: Apr 26, 2008, 09:49 AM »
No offence meant to anyone, just an observation.

robbfishing

« Reply #21 on: Apr 26, 2008, 12:13 PM »
no offence taken  ;D i wouldnt be able to live with myself if somebody from here got hurt or killed and i hadent saaid anything about  cutting near power lines thats all :(

fishfry

« Reply #22 on: Apr 26, 2008, 01:21 PM »
Agreed, in this day and age you have to watch out for others as well as yourself.

wickedgoodatv

« Reply #23 on: Apr 26, 2008, 03:22 PM »
I understand.  You guys were raised with this nanny state philosophy all around you.

I just prefer the Darwin apporach.
My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked, and it's price competitive. If you like, I'll trade for one of yours.

robbfishing

« Reply #24 on: Apr 26, 2008, 05:24 PM »
no i just would rather not have to see anymore dead people than i have to!

Red

« Reply #25 on: Apr 26, 2008, 07:30 PM »
Wow... let's all just take a step back here fella's.  Is the negativity from the shanty travelling over here too?  Why does every thread need to turn into a debate!  Jim asked a question!  I'd say if you can input with an answer than contribute  ;D  I say hire someone that knows what they are doing and is properly licensed to do so.  You guys haven't seen these trees, there's not a whole lot of room for play or mistakes.

And Robb, just as a note, I agree with you - I'm one of the ones that takes calls from all the citizens saying they have no power and then have to call your dispatch to call you out.  Creates more work for us all!  Safety first.

Butch Moore

• OOOOPS!!
« Reply #26 on: Apr 27, 2008, 09:21 AM »
...I as a overtaxed and over regulated citizen of this state wanted to voice my opinion, while clutching my 12 guage and bible.  But I'm not bitter, just observant.

;D

I understand.  You guys were raised with this nanny state philosophy all around you.

I just prefer the Darwin apporach.

;D ;D

A "license" or "certification" from a government entity doesn't make someone competent.  Make sure you get references if you have to hire someone to do the work.  Also make sure they have insurance in case they screw up.
""The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." - Thomas Jefferson

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin

""As individual fingers we can easily be broken, but together we make a mighty fist." - Sitting Bull

Dogman

« Reply #27 on: Apr 27, 2008, 05:52 PM »
I had three big trees,a maple and two collossal pines, taken down last year by Jackson's Tree Service from Dayton Maine.They charged 300 bucks to drop them.
These trees were very close to my house as well as my nieghbors house  so I went t the professionals to get them down.I kept the wood and plan on reducing my heat bill with it,pine included(it burns,just burn it hot,don't let it smolder).
I would first check with CMP,they took down two ancient Maples near the power lines after I called and told them they were a threat to the power lines.

Beavertale

« Reply #28 on: Apr 27, 2008, 08:03 PM »
you cant figure out what i do for work? im the guy who comes and cleans up the mess somebody created because they "thought" they could cut that tree down no problem  then knocks out power to thousands of people or worse yet hurts himself or others in the prosess  or worse yet im the guy the fire department has to wait for while the guy is laying  dead under the tree when the power line is laying there still hot and burning   im just trying to tell people to be careful electricty dosent care who it kills  it just wants to go to ground :P i see people all the time who have no busniuss running a chainsaw   nevermind cutting trees get in to trouble people get killed all the time cutting trees they thought they could cut  im just saying be smart about it  !!
Rob you left out  the home owner would probably be paying for thr restoraration of power costs also.

robbfishing

« Reply #29 on: Apr 28, 2008, 11:05 AM »
yup your right ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.