FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Loosing my fishing buddy and daughter..  (Read 4541 times)

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
Loosing my fishing buddy and daughter..
« on: Mar 16, 2009, 06:07 AM »
Hello to all that reads this,
I have lost my daughter to her mother. I have been raising this beautiful little girl from day one as my own. Her mother came to me saying that she was pregnant, I knew that I wasn't the father and the doctors did also. I agreed to be her daddy anyways. Her mother was and still is a drug addict. We broke up two years ago. Before the spilt I bought a car and my daughters mother was the cosigner, I have been paying for it all along and my EX felt that it was like child support, more like drug support. I have taken the car away from her because she has had Child protective call on her three time, in the last six months. I had all I could take,I cleaned out of the car a huge bag of garbage and it took me six hour to clean all of the car,This how you where driving my daughter around? :'(
I have been called a deadbeat father from my daughters mothers family because I took a car away from a drug addict. I have taken my daughter crappie fishing, walleye fishing and bullhead fishing and panfish fishing. I took her on her first squirrel hunt this past fall and was looking forward for the spring turkey season with her..
I have taken her ice skating,movies and sledding. She just came back from a trip to disney world that I paid for, she went with my sister and her family.  So I am a deadbeat? I am going to do whatever it take to stay in this childs life, seven years is a long time to be pulled out of someone's life. Can anybody help or tell me what to do? This little girl is going thru a hard time with her mother. thanks to all..

16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

fishmich

Re: Loosing my fishing buddy and daughter..
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2009, 06:24 AM »
When your daughter was born did you sign paternity papers stating she was yours? If so you are the legal
father and have every right to a custody hearing! Good luck!!!!

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2009, 07:19 AM »
I am on the birth cert but I didn't sign anything. To be honest I can't remember.
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

Deebsey

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2009, 07:30 AM »
I am on the birth cert but I didn't sign anything. To be honest I can't remember.

If your on the birth cert.  than you are almost good.  Talk to a good lawyer to cover your a$$ its money well spent.  Good luck.
A bad day fishing is a good excuse as to why your drunk

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2009, 08:07 AM »
I would agree with Deebsey, a good lawyer is a great first step. I hope everything works out for you, sounds to me like you would have a pretty good chance at being reunited if the courts work the way they should. God Bless Buddy and good luck!
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

kchamp

• fish hard or stay home
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2009, 08:12 AM »
Have you gone into the court system with this yet? I know the courts are not always fair in our eyes but if this little girls mom is on drugs and the judge was told that then they would have to do drug testing on her and this little girl would be taken away from her at the least until she cleaned herself up and if you are on the birth cert. you would have rights to her. I know lawyers are expensive but if it is for the well being of your little girl how do you put a price tag on that? I would do everything possible to get her out of that situation. You could even do just a consultation with a lawyer to see what they have to say. Don't listen to just 1 I would get a couple opinions though.

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2009, 10:12 AM »
Thanks to all my fishing and hunting brothers! I am seeing a lawyer today and I have call into others.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2009, 11:49 AM »
That really sucks man, keep us updated. My prares are with you!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

icechunk

• The eyes have it
« Reply #8 on: Mar 16, 2009, 12:51 PM »
My heart goes out to you my friend. I have been through this and it sucks! Best thing is the lawyer, I hate them but they help.I think since you have been part of that little girls life from day 1 there is no judge that is going to take that away from her. Thats the most  thing in there minds --
what is best for the child and having a daddy in her life is whats best for any child.
Hang in there man, we're all rooting for ya.
And God said "Let there be Fish"

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #9 on: Mar 16, 2009, 02:07 PM »
Thanks everybody again, if anybody wants to know I did do some fishing this morning. We are catching perch in the canal in the village of Phoneix ny, a lot of small ones.  Oh I almost forgot, a guy caught a Lake trout there this morning. it was about 22 inches long. I have no clue where it came from but the only thing I could think was Ontario.

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #10 on: Mar 16, 2009, 05:13 PM »
My lawyer after I told her what has been going on in my daughter's life, We are going to pitition for custody. I am a good father. Now I feel better that I know I can get her away from the bad place that she is in right now. The lawyer said  that because of all the things that I have found and was told to me her mothers mouth. She will be living with me shortly. :D Thanks again guy and gals for the support!!!

infectedtoe1952

« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2009, 05:37 PM »
frankie,frankie,frankie, im back!!!!!!!! telling about that trout will draw the flies like honey :(. we talked this am at the locks and if you dont know yet, the lurkers will now have a new fishing hole. will see you again real soon like march 17 maybe same place, same time.

infectedtoe1952

« Reply #12 on: Mar 16, 2009, 05:41 PM »
frank, if youre on the bc, you have all kinda rights. heres hoping that all turns out well and only the best situation comes out for daddys little girl and her dad.

Skipper4080

• Pay attention to the planer,don't you miss em'
« Reply #13 on: Mar 16, 2009, 05:44 PM »
I'm happy for you Sir,I know it will work out!!!!!!!!
Never get excited,there's a reason for everything,I just don't know what it is!!

icechunk

• The eyes have it
« Reply #14 on: Mar 16, 2009, 06:06 PM »
Sounds like everything is going to work, real glad to hear it. Get her were she belongs and have a great summer of fishing.

Chunk
And God said "Let there be Fish"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.