FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: "Crick Fishin"  (Read 5949 times)

Issiah

Re: "Crick Fishin"
« Reply #30 on: Jul 26, 2009, 03:37 PM »
Nope, That's the bridge in Clark Mills in the 50's!  My Dad's side of the family, has lived there from the time they got off the boat in the 1800's.  I learned to fish from the same spots they all did...

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #31 on: Jul 26, 2009, 07:02 PM »
good job RG! i agree, great smile, and catch! ;D

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

walleyeguy

« Reply #32 on: Jul 27, 2009, 09:34 AM »
Nope, That's the bridge in Clark Mills in the 50's!  My Dad's side of the family, has lived there from the time they got off the boat in the 1800's.  I learned to fish from the same spots they all did...

wow how times have changed looks so different now

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #33 on: Jul 27, 2009, 12:26 PM »
Thanks RG I thought that I had posted like on IS not sure what I did wrong
You doubled the image tags. Great picture.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Grumpyoldman

« Reply #34 on: Jul 30, 2009, 04:36 AM »
Too windy to fish a lake, pond or river so I took the advice and went crick fishing. Brought my oldest son to a new crick. It's been a couple years. Brought tears to my eyes and blood to every exposed and even unexposed piece of skin. Tried to get to a couple nice pools and encountered thorns, brambles and other forms of nature. Doubled back twice and never made it to where the fish were. Between stifled screams of pain I noticed how nice and quiet it was. Very peaceful.   

Will try again next weekend.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #35 on: Jul 30, 2009, 05:23 AM »
It's "A  Fine and Pleasant Misery" for sure.

Sometimes it's worth every drop of blood.
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #36 on: Jul 30, 2009, 03:26 PM »
It's a tough time of year to try and fish most cricks for sure. The one's I fish can only really be fished 4/1 til June. The brush gets so thick that it loses it's enjoyment.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

wnybassman

• The Real "No Good"
« Reply #37 on: Jul 31, 2009, 07:48 PM »
My roots take me back to growing up along the Tonawanda Creek between Batavia and Alexander.  Lots of big pike, medium sized smallies and rough fish to keep you occupied.   Been a bunch of years since I have been back there.

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #38 on: Jul 31, 2009, 08:02 PM »
My roots take me back to growing up along the Tonawanda Creek between Batavia and Alexander.  Lots of big pike, medium sized smallies and rough fish to keep you occupied.   Been a bunch of years since I have been back there.
I say you go hit it. Since this thread got going I have hit two of the places that I used to fish in my childhood days. Good feeling man.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #39 on: Aug 01, 2009, 02:34 AM »
I've fished the Tonawanda and the Catt and Buffalo and a few others that I'm not even sure have a name. Spent quite a lot of time in Genesee and Wyoming counties.

I really like the Tonawanda between Sierks and Varysburg.

RG

scooter22

« Reply #40 on: Aug 02, 2009, 01:10 PM »
I too grew up fishing a small creek and my mother taught me the first poem I ever memorized.  " Fishy, fishy in the brook, papa catch you on the hook.  Mama fry you in the pan.  Baby eat you like a man."  I think I was about four.  That was a long time ago.  Thanks for bringing back that memory.
Great lil poem there. Never herd it before. It's great to hit small waters. My son and I have been hitting the Old Erie Canal out around Kirkville and Chittenango. Lots of small sunnies and a couple smallies. Great, quiet scenery. Sometime I think I hear a mule pullin a barge on the tow path. My grandmother grew up on the bank or the EC when it went through Syracuse.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.