FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: #$% fireline!!  (Read 12583 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: #$% fireline!!
« Reply #30 on: Aug 25, 2009, 06:32 PM »

Love braid with top waters and crank baits but my worm and tube rods have fluorocarbon on them.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
« Reply #31 on: Aug 25, 2009, 06:34 PM »
so whats up with this "flat fireline."?? I've never seen it. I've only seen the round stuff. Is it made that way??
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

Spitfire

• A.K.A." Double-L" on I.S.
« Reply #32 on: Aug 25, 2009, 06:54 PM »
so whats up with this "flat fireline."?? I've never seen it. I've only seen the round stuff. Is it made that way??
   I believe that the origionals were flat???.....I still have some on some of my ultra lite reels that I ice fish with......Pretty sure that the new line is all round & personally think that it is far superior, to the flat.......All my vertical fishing is w/ fire line.......Have several spools of the bi-color on back order.......Think it will be the cats meow for me.( easier to see)....Lou
CATCH & RELEASE  "For Another Day"

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #33 on: Aug 25, 2009, 06:58 PM »
Thanks Lou,
I'd never seen or heard of it before, even being a large fan of the stuff.

I can't imagine flat line would be all too effective.
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

BBK

« Reply #34 on: Aug 25, 2009, 07:00 PM »
Braid is round, super lines are flat.

Gambler

« Reply #35 on: Aug 25, 2009, 07:41 PM »

From your own words"That last statement is totaly bogus."

Take Care and God Bless!

Rick

BBK

« Reply #36 on: Aug 25, 2009, 07:57 PM »
Its 100% true, look it up.

Gambler

« Reply #37 on: Aug 25, 2009, 09:00 PM »
I did!!! and it's 100% BS.
Superline is just a buzzword that includes braided line. So they are one in the same.
There is only one flat line out there that I can find, and it is called RipCord.

A quote from Berkley,

" Whiplash quickly became our preferred braid last year. It's thinner than all other braids with the exception of RipCord Si, but that line is flat so diameter can be deceiving."
Take Care and God Bless!

Rick

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #38 on: Aug 25, 2009, 10:04 PM »
I've said it once and I'll say it again "Sometimes it's best to remain silent and be thought the fool than to speak and remove all doubt" :laugh: I'll say one thing for you BBK, for 18 years old you sure are a wealth of knowledge.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #39 on: Aug 25, 2009, 10:18 PM »
The older superlines like Power Pro and Spider Fusion will flatten out like a ribbon. It is not an ideal situation because it will dig into the spool and knot up for no apparent reason. In the beginning they made reels to combat this problem. The modern superlines like stealth are pressure treated to keep them round. This was a major advancement in the world of superbraid. I have 4 year old stealth that is still round and very manageable.

Are all superbraids flat? No

Are some superbraids flat? Yes, and they are no fun to fish with

Will some superlines flatten out with use? Yes, that means it is time to toss it.

If you super line haters have not tried the newer pressure treated stuff like stealth, it may surprise you if you give it a chance.

BBK

« Reply #40 on: Aug 25, 2009, 10:19 PM »
super line is not braid.
Braid is braided strands coated in a wax. Super lines are fused strands. Your arguing with someone that spends his life bass fishing.

BBK

« Reply #41 on: Aug 25, 2009, 10:23 PM »
I did!!! and it's 100% BS.
Superline is just a buzzword that includes braided line. So they are one in the same.
There is only one flat line out there that I can find, and it is called RipCord.

A quote from Berkley,

" Whiplash quickly became our preferred braid last year. It's thinner than all other braids with the exception of RipCord Si, but that line is flat so diameter can be deceiving."

Superlines -  Gel-spun polyethylene is heated, then pulled to make strands. The strands are then compressed and bonded together to make one single strand. Fused line is strong, abrasion resistant, has no stretch and no memory.

Braid - Typically made from woven fibers of either nylon or Spectra-type material. The strands are woven tight and compressed. This causes the line to be very thin for it's rated breakng strength, no stretch, and highly visable (with the exception of a select few newer braids that attempt to be semi-transparent).

Gambler

« Reply #42 on: Aug 26, 2009, 06:38 AM »
I will give you an A+ on how the lines are made. But they are made from the same materials but are assembled differently. They are all classified as "superline". Read this article from in-fisherman, called "The Superline Spectrum" I think they know a bit more about fishing than you but maybe not.

http://www.in-fisherman.com/content/superline-spectrum

The only reason I said anything to you is because you basically called engineman a liar!! Otherwise I would have let your statements go in one ear and out the other.  All you had to say to engineman was "You may like fireline but in my opinion it is not a good line for what I do". Instead you chose to call him a liar by saying what he stated was "Bogus".  Learn some manners kid and you will go far in life.
Take Care and God Bless!

Rick

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #43 on: Aug 26, 2009, 06:45 AM »
I will give you an A+ on how the lines are made. But they are made from the same materials but are assembled differently. They are all classified as "superline". Read this article from in-fisherman, called "The Superline Spectrum" I think they know a bit more about fishing than you but maybe not.

http://www.in-fisherman.com/content/superline-spectrum

The only reason I said anything to you is because you basically called engineman a liar!! Otherwise I would have let your statements go in one ear and out the other.  All you had to say to engineman was "You may like fireline but in my opinion it is not a good line for what I do". Instead you chose to call him a liar by saying what he stated was "Bogus".  Learn some manners kid and you will go far in life.
:clapping: Well said Gambler.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #44 on: Aug 26, 2009, 06:51 AM »
Well said x2.
not good form to insult people on public forums.... can disagree all you want, but keep it somewhat positive.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.