FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Autum colors.. .pink,silver&brown  (Read 11641 times)

wny angler

Autum colors.. .pink,silver&brown
« on: Oct 17, 2004, 05:02 PM »
all the local streams in my area were blown out mudd from heavy rain last night so we had to make a road trip up north.we finaly got there about 11 am  ,a lot of guys were already leaving when we arrived saying the fishing was lousy and nobody was catchin anything,we figured already drove way out here so we might as well at least wet a line - GLAD WE DID. we ended up catching a bunch of fish and had a great time . out of all the other guys in the area we only seen one hook a fish....we must have been using magic bait. ::)

have to remember not to lip a brown trout ever again,  ouch!!!!

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
Re: Autum colors.. .pink,silver&brown
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2004, 06:41 PM »
absolutely beautiful scenery and especially those trout  :o  nice pics!
Scotty 

Out4Trout

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2004, 07:09 PM »
Man I wish we had fish like that where I live,  :o and if we do I've never caught any. I still want to take a drive down your way, and also find out what your magic bait is.  ;D

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2004, 09:47 PM »
Very cool pics   :o  :o  8)

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2004, 11:25 AM »
Thanks for sharing there. Those are some nice fisheys you got yourselfs.
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

wny angler

« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2004, 03:29 AM »
THANKS GUYS, i'm glad some of you enjoyed our near magazine quality photoghaphy :w00t: JUST KIDDING  :P since i got my new digital camera last year i think i have almost as much fun photographing as i do fishing - helps to have a big memory stick that holds over 220 pics to get a good shot once in a while  :P   having to reduce the image quality down under 60k dosnt do those trout justice.
 this has to be my favorite time of the year to be out on the streams with the  fall foliage,crisp autum air and colorful trout  ;)

wny angler

« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2004, 03:51 AM »
Another nice catch.  Glad to see your fishing partner could make it.  I don't think you are so much using magic bait, as I think it's just the fact you are a good fisherman and know what you are doing, versus the other 98% of anglers who don't.    ;D  It's good to be in the minority.   ;D
thanks slip bob , your pretty darn good yourself with them walleyes :bowdown:
im not as good a fisherman as i wish i was-had a huge rainbow in the 20 lb range have his way with me and broke me off in a snag after doing battle for nearly 10 minutes :'(

the old saying around here is 10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish ,or something like that.i think its gotta be a lot  higher when your talking trout seein how there one of the easiest fish to catch next to bluegills,perch and crappie.
when water conditions are ideal even beginners look like old pros getting multiple hookups and landing big trout.,but under tough conditions like  low& clear- heavy fishing pressure or high off color water  its good to know your stuff,have a few tricks up your sleeve and be able to catch a few fish when most others are going fishless. ;D yes it is good to be in the minority :P

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2004, 08:16 PM »
man are those some nice shots. Beautiful fish.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2004, 08:27 PM »
great pictures and some awesome looking trout.  :o Those are some beautiful looking steelies, thanks for sharing.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

trapperdirk

« Reply #9 on: Oct 22, 2004, 05:28 PM »
Yes those are dandy's wny angler . Gotta love those fall colors .
 Oh Slipbob I assume you left out mentioning me in your top ten percent category alongside ,jimmy ,hank ,al and the rest cause I just happen to belong to the top 5% and just happen to be number uno . LOL ;D ;)

TD
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

genz_man

« Reply #10 on: Oct 22, 2004, 05:56 PM »
Great pics. :clapping: Had the luck to hook into a 12lb steelie in the niagara many years back. I landed him and thought about mounting it but released to grow larger. Having to climb 300 plus stairs to the parking area helped to put him back in the water also. :laugh: Those pics helped bring back many memories of the fun I used to have down in the gorge and on lake ontario with my buddies every year. Keep'm coming if you get more ;) 

operaman

« Reply #11 on: Oct 23, 2004, 08:23 AM »
great Great Great pics, and the fish are beautiful!

wny angler

« Reply #12 on: Oct 24, 2004, 10:47 AM »
the creek cleared up nicely from last weeks rain and still had a little color to it making for a great days fishing.we got there a little late and had to fish used water that was already worked over pretty  good but we still caught and released at least 20 fish  piece for the day and lost many more.no monsters but a lot of hard fighting 5-8 lb'ers.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #13 on: Oct 24, 2004, 11:17 AM »
Another awesome day on the water guys!!  You're killing me with all those great steelies!  This is the first year in at least the last 10 I'm not going to make it up to tangle with some. :'(  Keep the great pics coming I enjoy them very much.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

wny angler

« Reply #14 on: Oct 30, 2004, 06:12 PM »
what a terrible day of fishing  :-\  only landed  13 fish between us today but they were good ones. was nice to have a t-shirt weather day in late october.

started off with a 30 inch female brown trout don't know how much it weighed but i know it was well over 10 lbs easy.

a nice scrappy rainbow

caught my 1000 th   salmon-1st this fall,a nice 37.5 incher -fair caught-landed her on 6lb test stren

the kid landed his first ever salmon-fair hooked   :thumbup_smilie:

a few more rainbows

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.