FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: wny anglers 05 pics (5-15 erie walleye fishing pg4)  (Read 9752 times)

synergyboy10

• summer time flag
Re: wny anglers 05 pics (4-17)
« Reply #15 on: Apr 18, 2005, 08:54 PM »
those are some nice looking pearch.
hurry grab that rod.

www.teamthrillseeker.com

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #16 on: Apr 18, 2005, 09:32 PM »

TFB you should come fish here.....I'll show you good clarity.......that water is like chocolate milk :sick: I would hate to fish in that.......are your fish really that spooky that they'll empty the pool if you hook one??
KRIS
I don't mean its clear, just ALMOST the best clarity to river fish in. I prefer to be able to get more than about 3-4 a piece in a big hole, thats the biggest reason I prefer stained. I also catch bigger fish in stained water too. I believe the really big ones are less spooky, during the summer especially they get the kitchen sink thrown at them with I-70 being literally right next to the river with ample access. IMO the best river fishing clarity is appx. 3 fov (feet of visibility). Sorry to tangent your beautiful pics WNY but had to answer this...keep the fish coming!

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #17 on: Apr 19, 2005, 11:50 AM »
Hey TFB clean out your PM box I tried to send you a message and it didn't work! :P

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

wny angler

« Reply #18 on: Apr 19, 2005, 12:34 PM »

TFB you should come fish here.....I'll show you good clarity.......that water is like chocolate milk :sick: I would hate to fish in that.......are your fish really that spooky that they'll empty the pool if you hook one??
KRIS
I don't mean its clear, just ALMOST the best clarity to river fish in. I prefer to be able to get more than about 3-4 a piece in a big hole, thats the biggest reason I prefer stained. I also catch bigger fish in stained water too. I believe the really big ones are less spooky, during the summer especially they get the kitchen sink thrown at them with I-70 being literally right next to the river with ample access. IMO the best river fishing clarity is appx. 3 fov (feet of visibility). Sorry to tangent your beautiful pics WNY but had to answer this...keep the fish coming!

the fishing is best here when the creek clears to a nice green color about 3.5 ft of vis or a little better- when its high and murky the fish are spread out and its tough finding them ,they can be anywhere-when it clears up they drop back into the big pools and runs and you can catch sometimes 30 out of one hole -they do get spooky after ya hook a bunch but they settle down and get back to bitin in no time at all.

CarogaKid

• If the fish aren't Biting....Grab another Beer!!
« Reply #19 on: Apr 20, 2005, 09:32 AM »
Sweet Fish... Love the steelies.. 8)

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #20 on: Apr 20, 2005, 10:54 AM »
great looking fish guys - gotta love those smallies!!
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

wny angler

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2005, 10:17 PM »
went out to Chautauqua lake and fished the canals for crappie,was gonna go out in the boat and track down the big slab crappies but it was to windy to be out on the open water  today.

fishing was slow when we got there late morning ,most guys were already giving up
    all we caught at first was a bunch of 6-8 inch sublegal dinks

we really had to work for e'm today but finally started pulling in a few keepers

the kid with a decent gill

took a break to warm up and get some lunch-when we went back we had the whole place pretty much to ourselves and the fish were starting to co operate a bit more

i landed the lunker of the day and had another biggen break me off

had to really work for em today but ended up with a decent pile of fish

TroutFishingBear

Re: wny anglers 05 pics (5-1 crappies)
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2005, 10:38 PM »
That one you got is a nice slab! Your canals have crappie? Lol, ours don't. Ours have suckers and chubs...wanna trade? Lol Nice fish 8)

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2005, 08:41 AM »
Nice mess of fish wny angler!  I was going to go right where you fished in the afternoon after turkey yesterday both changed my mind and caught some trout for dinner.  Guess I should have gone to Chautauqua like I planned.  Oh well, there's always next time  ;D!
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

Hood

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2005, 09:49 AM »
Tasty little buggers, great catch!!
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

UPSTATE

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2005, 03:54 PM »
 Nice batch of crappies guys wtg keep em coming  ;)
just tryin to get her done

Hood

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2005, 09:16 AM »
Again, nice catch. You seem to be near docks and I am guessing the water is  shallow.... I was wondering if I could find similar crappie action around the docks on Lake Champlain, is it typical for crappies to be in shallow water right now, or are they there for the structure? I know a few marinas around here that have plenty of docks, what do u think?
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

wny angler

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2005, 10:10 AM »
Nice mess of fish wny angler!  I was going to go right where you fished in the afternoon after turkey yesterday both changed my mind and caught some trout for dinner.  Guess I should have gone to Chautauqua like I planned.  Oh well, there's always next time  ;D!
you made the right choice goin for trout -the fishings been terrible at chautauqua and it wasnt pleasant out there with the gusty chilly winds.only seen 2 other guys with keepers -they each had 1 fish.we were lucky to find a small school of  keepers

Again, nice catch. You seem to be near docks and I am guessing the water is shallow.... I was wondering if I could find similar crappie action around the docks on Lake Champlain, is it typical for crappies to be in shallow water right now, or are they there for the structure? I know a few marinas around here that have plenty of docks, what do u think?
i don't know about other lakes but the crappies in the lakes round here school up and move into the canals and shallow bays at ice out to forage on the baitfish moving into the warmer water-they stay till spawning time then move out.
 might be worth checking out the shallow bays and marinas
Nice fish man. You going out for walleyes this weekend?
thanks man       I'd definitely be going for walleyes if i had a shore fishing spot like yours ;)  -not too much good shore fishing access left round here and the walleye fishings usually slow the first week or 2 of the season in this area- hoping for one more steelhead trip if the waters clean enough before the fish leave the streams.

iceice

• FISH HARD
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2005, 09:32 PM »
wny angler Nice fish with a couple of GIANTS in their .Thats it, i have to do a little less work and more play.Again nice job
2005 17FT LUND MR PIKE                                                                                       
 90hp MERCURY OPTIMAX
WALKER DOWNRIGGERS
JUST ADD WATER!!!

wny angler

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2005, 08:03 PM »
thanks man       I'd definitely be going for walleyes if i had a shore fishing spot like yours ;)

See if you can schedule an overnight delivery to the Albany area and bring the big rig on out and we'll load her up with some fresh filets for ya to take back out west.  ;)   ;D
   thanks for the  invite but syracuse is about as far east as i run-I'll just have to settle for drooling over the pics of full stringers of tasty walleyes  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.