FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: wny anglers pics 06 ( WALLEYE trolling7-23 pg5)  (Read 10707 times)

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
Re: wny anglers pics 06 (7-6 channel cats pg3 )
« Reply #45 on: Jul 07, 2006, 03:19 PM »
4 days strait - i couldn't handle that  ;)  need a day to recover before heading out again.i thought maybe i'm just gettin old but the kid's just as sore. we fished 6 hrs without a break-have to try and force myself to take some stretch breaks but then i might miss the big one ;)
i paddle to shore once n a while to streach my legs n take a leak so i dont get all cramped up, atleast you can stad in your canoe
OR      [IMG]

wny angler

« Reply #46 on: Jul 09, 2006, 07:30 PM »
Got out with the kid for another day of catfishing fun.The fishing slowed quite a bit,only manged 13 cats in a full days fishing but a least we landed 3 real good ones over 30 inches and 5 in the 5-9 lb range + a few little guys. no pics- my memory stick froze up and now my pics are stuck there  -i'll never buy another sony digital camera  >:(

got the last couple of  fish on the built in memory space  on the cam.

wny angler

« Reply #47 on: Jul 09, 2006, 07:51 PM »
went out  lake Erie today with my son and brother   to try our hand at a little walleye trolling. We only landed 5 eyes ,1 brown trout and a few bass -I guess we should be lucky we caught any seeing it was our first time using a downrigger and dipsy divers.had a lot of tangled lines and frustration before we finally  figured things out  :P .one of the walleyes we dragged around the lake for some time,it was just about dead when we reeled in to check the lines -release set too tight.

my brother with the first fish -a chunky brown-had all the lines tangled

the kid with his first ever walleye - his 2nd was  a tasty 18 incher

my second walleye of the day-1st was an 18 incher i dragged in dead off a dipsy

one of a few bass we landed today

my brother finally ended up with a decent walleye after a brown and smallmouth

at least we got a few

synergyboy10

• summer time flag
Re: wny anglers pics 06 (WALLEYE 7-9 pg4 )
« Reply #48 on: Jul 09, 2006, 08:10 PM »
Looks like you guys had fun. And you will drag a lot of eyes you will learn over time.
hurry grab that rod.

www.teamthrillseeker.com

devil-man

« Reply #49 on: Jul 10, 2006, 05:59 AM »
Looks like another great outing. And a great entry for Team NY!
You seem to catch fish no matter where you go...  ;D

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #50 on: Jul 10, 2006, 08:40 AM »
WTG!  Looks like a great time!
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

Fishingking

« Reply #51 on: Jul 10, 2006, 10:30 AM »
Another great Outing big walleye too :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

wny angler

« Reply #52 on: Jul 12, 2006, 03:04 PM »
thanks guys.

Looks like another great outing. And a great entry for Team NY!
You seem to catch fish no matter where you go...  ;D
your bound to  catch a few fish when you put as much time in as we do on the water- 9+ hours last sunday ;) 

walleyes that size  are pretty common on Erie -thats not even a big one -I'll have to try  upgrade with a 30+ incher next time out

wny angler

Re: wny anglers pics 06 ( a few WALLEYE 7-16 pg4 )
« Reply #53 on: Jul 16, 2006, 09:39 PM »
i think i'm ready to give up on the walleye trolling. had only a half day to fish today but i figured we'd limit out on big walleyes in a couple hours after hearing and reading numerous reports of huge schools and limit catches  of big walleye stacked up 18-20 miles east of where we fished last week.got out on the lake just as  the sun was  comming up over the horizon -the day started out good- i got the first walleye , a good eatin size 17.5  incher  ;D-went another 3 hours :( or so before my brother and son caught their only fish 5 minutes apart  18 & 20 inchers .4  hours of riding the waves for 3 fish  :-\ -think i'm ready to  give  up on the walleye trolling -until next time ;)

caught just enough for a few Mcwalleye fillet o fish sandwiches

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
Re: wny anglers pics 06 ( just a few WALLEYE 7-16 pg4 )
« Reply #54 on: Jul 16, 2006, 09:43 PM »
some more tasty walleyes, WTG  8)
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #55 on: Jul 16, 2006, 09:45 PM »
i think i'm ready to give up on the walleye trolling.

Nice fish.  I'm happy any time I get any walleyes, but I have to agree, trolling does get tough after a while.  I've given up on trolling and just jig, even though trolling is by far the most productive method for our lakes.

blaque

« Reply #56 on: Jul 17, 2006, 08:06 AM »
I dont know how you even got out there this weekend. I made two attempts late morning (i know......first mistake) and couldnt get more than 100 yards out of the south gap and i almost put the bow under lol

Deposit

« Reply #57 on: Jul 17, 2006, 08:23 AM »
Nice mix of fish wny! Those walleye look yummy ;)

wny angler

« Reply #58 on: Jul 17, 2006, 12:21 PM »
Nice fish.  I'm happy any time I get any walleyes, but I have to agree, trolling does get tough after a while.  I've given up on trolling and just jig, even though trolling is by far the most productive method for our lakes.

i prefer jigging any day.at least you can use light tackle and get some kind of a fight out  the fish. trolling with 14 lb test or more feels like your dragging in a piece of driftwood except for an occasional head shake.
tough to jig out on Erie -miles of water and the fish are suspended anywhere from 5ft off bottom to 20 feet below the surface .
I don't know how you even got out there this weekend. I made two attempts late morning (i know......first mistake) and couldn't get more than 100 yards out of the south gap and i almost put the bow under lol
early morning wasn't bad but by the time we left  the waves were gettin pretty high,
 we were gettin pretty wet from  the whitecaps -don't think a 17 ft sylvan shallow v sport troller is made for the great lakes :P
Not too bad of a morning.  You guys need some downriggers and planer boards, then you can pull 6 lines and really catch em or really get tangled up :D 
Not too bad of a morning.  You guys need some downriggers and planer boards, then you can pull 6 lines and really catch em or really get tangled up :D 
3 walleye  in 4 hrs - we should have gone bass fishing ;)
 we ran 2 lines off a  downrigger and one off a dipsy-we still did better than some of the guys we talked to with the planer boards and 4 downriggers.

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #59 on: Jul 17, 2006, 01:46 PM »
caught just enough for a few Mcwalleye fillet o fish sandwiches

:rotflol: :rotflol:

Nice fish!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.