FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Thank you Maine!  (Read 4119 times)

taxid

Thank you Maine!
« on: Jun 21, 2019, 08:45 PM »
And those of you from Maine here with helpful suggestions. I had great time vacationing in your state as did the wife. You have a knock out state, and with a few trips to Maine under my belt, have yet to meet an unfriendly person. I'm sure they exist but I haven't run into one yet.

:thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

saltyshores

Re: Thank you Maine!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2019, 08:49 AM »
Thanks for the pictures and reports of your fun fishing! See you next time

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2019, 12:05 PM »
Thanks for the pictures and reports of your fun fishing! See you next time

Noooooooo.

Thank yooooooooooou!  :thumbup_smilie:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

jacksmelt

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2019, 07:00 PM »
gotta try and get up to 'the county' next time. you will find solitude and great fishing as well. ;)
PARADISE IS A 5LB. SALMON ON A 5WT. FLYROD!!

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 2019, 08:44 PM »
gotta try and get up to 'the county' next time. you will find solitude and great fishing as well. ;)

"County?" 

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #5 on: Jun 23, 2019, 09:26 PM »
Glad you had a good time.  Enjoyed your posts. If you get back and want to do some fishing on foot, let me know.

jacksmelt

« Reply #6 on: Jun 23, 2019, 10:44 PM »
"County?"
aroostook county. the crown of Maine. ;)
PARADISE IS A 5LB. SALMON ON A 5WT. FLYROD!!

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Jun 24, 2019, 05:59 AM »
Glad you had a good time.  Enjoyed your posts. If you get back and want to do some fishing on foot, let me know.

Ooooh that sounds awesome! Unfortunately next summer will be Germany as the wife will probably make her last school related trip and I am way overdue on visiting relatives there. Going to have to brush up on the German.   

saltyshores

« Reply #8 on: Jun 24, 2019, 06:59 AM »
Unfortunately next summer will be Germany as the wife will probably make her last school related trip and I am way overdue on visiting relatives there. Going to have to brush up on the German.   

"Ein bier, bitte" is a good start!  ;D

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #9 on: Jun 24, 2019, 08:50 AM »
Aaah.  The original home of many of our brown trout ;D

Ooooh that sounds awesome! Unfortunately next summer will be Germany as the wife will probably make her last school related trip and I am way overdue on visiting relatives there. Going to have to brush up on the German.   

Got it!

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Jun 24, 2019, 01:04 PM »
"Ein bier, bitte" is a good start!  ;D

Ich kann etwas Deutsch sprechen. Ja Bier ist gut aber ich trinken nicht so viel. Und in Deutschland is sehr stark!

But I have forgotten quite a bit.

It was my first language, as even though I was born in the states, I moved to Germany as a toddler and learned German from my German relatives and mother as my mother is German. My dad met my mother when he was first stationed in Germany in the 50's.

taxid

« Reply #11 on: Jun 24, 2019, 01:07 PM »
Aaah.  The original home of many of our brown trout ;D

With the most recent introodution the Seeforellen strain from the big Lakes of Bavaria back in I believe it was the 80's?  I think only Wisconsin uses that strain now. No longer Michigan or New York anyway. New York had furunculosis issues. Not sure why Michigan stopped...

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #12 on: Jun 24, 2019, 01:43 PM »
Maine used to stock 3 different strains of browns: Seeforellen, Sandwich, and New Gloucester (their own hybrid strain).  Not sure which ones they ended up sticking with but I think they were trying to phase out the New Gloucester strain due to genetic shortcomings.

woodchip1

« Reply #13 on: Jun 24, 2019, 03:23 PM »
I use to stock Spring spawning Rainbows in one of my farm ponds. But now I have to go to N.H. to get them and they do not allow it. cannot bring them across state line. Use to get them from North new Portland hatchery and they did reproduce some years and they got up to 10 lbs in 3 years wish the state would stock them.

taxid

« Reply #14 on: Jun 24, 2019, 05:50 PM »
aroostook county. the crown of Maine. ;)

Got it!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.