FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Rod Chronicles  (Read 100435 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Long Rod Chronicles
« Reply #180 on: Sep 09, 2019, 03:29 PM »
New home...new home river.  The housy is big!

Found smallies no issue but trout have been elusive.  Lots of river is closed near the tributaries until 15 September...perhaps then I'll start dinging trout.

bogtrotter

« Reply #181 on: Sep 09, 2019, 03:51 PM »
Nice to see you are back to fishing.  It's been a while since I have seen a fresh report from you.

westernmas

« Reply #182 on: Sep 09, 2019, 03:53 PM »
Looks like a nice change of scenery.  The trout will start hitting as the water cools down.  Nice thing is the variety that the housy offers.  I wish it was closer!  Pike fishing should be heating up soon.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

zwiggles

« Reply #183 on: Sep 09, 2019, 04:33 PM »
I’ve yet to run into a swimming thing that fought harder than a river smallmouth. Pound for pound they’re tough to beat, just not as good looking as their cold water friends.

lowaccord66

« Reply #184 on: Sep 10, 2019, 10:08 AM »
Nice to see you are back to fishing.  It's been a while since I have seen a fresh report from you.

I've been out a bunch actually.  The farmington has been low, running less than 100 cfs in areas.

I've been catching 5-15 trout an outing depending on duration...usually 2-3 hrs.  Black caddis tungsten nymph with a pupa on the tag has worked very well. 

I did notice a ton of trout rising on the Housy a few nights ago, but was totally tied up in smallmouth that I couldn't convince myself to change leader setups to throw dries.

Wiggles I'd agree except the larger wild browns.  They don't roll like stockies and fight like mad!

westernmas

« Reply #185 on: Sep 10, 2019, 11:50 AM »
I did notice a ton of trout rising on the Housy a few nights ago, but was totally tied up in smallmouth that I couldn't convince myself to change leader setups to throw dries.

SMH.   :whistling:
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #186 on: Sep 10, 2019, 12:26 PM »
SMH.   :whistling:

There are enough dry fly fishermen out there.   ;D

(The smallies were hitting poppers hard) 

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #187 on: Sep 10, 2019, 02:11 PM »
There are enough dry fly fishermen out there.   ;D

(The smallies were hitting poppers hard)

LMAO! Boy I hope Joe doesn't read this. Hahahahaha
Wicked Wec

zwiggles

« Reply #188 on: Sep 10, 2019, 02:12 PM »
Wiggles I'd agree except the larger wild browns.  They don't roll like stockies and fight like mad!

I haven’t been lucky enough to set into one of those yet. I did get two teeny tiny browns the other night, that I’m convinced were wild.... or someone is stocking fingerlings in one of my local rivers.

When does your season close down there for trout? You offered to take me out last year, and I would love to take you up on it once I can get my schedule in order.

lowaccord66

« Reply #189 on: Sep 10, 2019, 03:18 PM »
It doesn't on two of the rivers I fish!  Both of which just received fresh batches of pellet heads.

westernmas

« Reply #190 on: Sep 10, 2019, 03:36 PM »
It doesn't on two of the rivers I fish!  Both of which just received fresh batches of pellet heads.

Yup there are management areas that you can fish all year round.  Probably the best managed river that I've ever experienced.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #191 on: Sep 11, 2019, 05:41 AM »
Caught another dozen or so last night.  Most of the fish I caught were in the fastest water I could find.  Lots of fish rising at dark not sure on what. 

westernmas

« Reply #192 on: Sep 11, 2019, 10:09 AM »
Caught another dozen or so last night.  Most of the fish I caught were in the fastest water I could find.  Lots of fish rising at dark not sure on what.

Smallies?

I'm trying to get down to the farmy this evening if work cooperates.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #193 on: Sep 11, 2019, 12:18 PM »
Trout.  Ill be out as well but south of where you normally fish.  I caught a few wild browns mixed in with the bows last night.  Black caddis nymph...similar to a purple haze.

westernmas

« Reply #194 on: Sep 11, 2019, 02:51 PM »
Trout.  Ill be out as well but south of where you normally fish.  I caught a few wild browns mixed in with the bows last night.  Black caddis nymph...similar to a purple haze.

Unfortunately takes too much time for me to get down that way.  I'll be up near Riverton if you want to meet up.  Prob stay until 830-9 and chuck some mice once it gets dark.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.