FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Rod Chronicles  (Read 100458 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Long Rod Chronicles
« Reply #450 on: May 01, 2021, 08:02 AM »
Cold morning.  0 bug activity and the action followed suit.  2 bows one over 18"...probably was a good Morning for streamers with the dropping water.

lowaccord66

« Reply #451 on: May 03, 2021, 07:02 AM »

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #452 on: May 03, 2021, 07:44 AM »
Nice pictures and great fish. Thanks for sharing...h2l

lowaccord66

« Reply #453 on: May 03, 2021, 08:14 AM »
Nice pictures and great fish. Thanks for sharing...h2l

You are welcome.  Here's to a good sacandaga season!

westernmas

« Reply #454 on: May 03, 2021, 08:54 AM »
Wind and the afternoon storm blew me off of colebrook yesterday so I made the best of it with spinning gear in the MA section of the farmy. Water was a little stained and running a bit high so glad I left the long rod home. Got two solid bows to hand and lost a handful more in the fast water. Almost everyone was doing some aerial maneuvers to get free.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

bogtrotter

« Reply #455 on: May 03, 2021, 10:02 AM »
Jon and Pat:

Those are some great photos of browns and rainbows!

Sounds like a great day out for both of you.

lowaccord66

« Reply #456 on: May 03, 2021, 10:06 AM »
Always wanted to long rod that section Pat.  Forgot to mention that I got bored and added a third Thomas and Thomas contact to my collection.  The contact 2.  I was skeptical that it would be improved but I fished half a day with both the old 10' 3w and the new contact 2 10' 3w.  The new one is noticeably improved.  Pat if you want to borrow/use my 10'8" 3w it's gathering dust.

westernmas

« Reply #457 on: May 03, 2021, 03:24 PM »
Always wanted to long rod that section Pat.  Forgot to mention that I got bored and added a third Thomas and Thomas contact to my collection.  The contact 2.  I was skeptical that it would be improved but I fished half a day with both the old 10' 3w and the new contact 2 10' 3w.  The new one is noticeably improved.  Pat if you want to borrow/use my 10'8" 3w it's gathering dust.

I may take you up on that.  Using the mono rig on a normal 8.5 footer isn't cutting it.  We need to meet up soon so you can teach me a few things.  I thought I was a pro after the first time out but been a struggle this spring.  If you want to hit that section I'd do it sooner than later.  It drops quick and was running close to perfect.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Bartman44

« Reply #458 on: May 03, 2021, 06:16 PM »
Nice looking trout and sun shot. I have to get back over there someday.

lowaccord66

« Reply #459 on: May 04, 2021, 09:43 AM »
Nice looking trout and sun shot. I have to get back over there someday.

Happy to host you Bart or at least point you in the direction of pools that are mostly ignored.  It's a tremendous river.  Right now the farmington averages 4000 trout per mile that trims down to 2-3000 per mile by summer with some harvest.  Even so it's really hard to have a bad day on the farmington.

lowaccord66

« Reply #460 on: May 04, 2021, 09:44 AM »
I may take you up on that.  Using the mono rig on a normal 8.5 footer isn't cutting it.  We need to meet up soon so you can teach me a few things.  I thought I was a pro after the first time out but been a struggle this spring.  If you want to hit that section I'd do it sooner than later.  It drops quick and was running close to perfect.

I had some struggles too.  And anytime on the 10'8.  It works well, and I do use it but more when the water is low and I need more reach.  I'm game whenever you are Pat. 

Bartman44

« Reply #461 on: May 04, 2021, 07:07 PM »
Happy to host you Bart or at least point you in the direction of pools that are mostly ignored.  It's a tremendous river.  Right now the farmington averages 4000 trout per mile that trims down to 2-3000 per mile by summer with some harvest.  Even so it's really hard to have a bad day on the farmington.

Thanks, I have fished it a few times and there is indeed  a lot of great looking river to explore well beyond the community holes.  I just need to retire so I can spend more time on the water and less time at work. Soon.

lowaccord66

« Reply #462 on: May 05, 2021, 02:39 PM »
The water downstream of the Collinsville dam is lightly fished and has some solid wild browns to tangle with!

lowaccord66

« Reply #463 on: May 06, 2021, 02:15 PM »
Fished the higher water last night right in Riverton.  I generally don't fish up that way so it was nice to land a few despite the bump in flow. (Up 300 cfs from the previous day)

lowaccord66

« Reply #464 on: May 08, 2021, 07:34 AM »
When you think you have a pb brown....and instead it's a giant sucker....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.