FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Rod Chronicles  (Read 100418 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Long Rod Chronicles
« Reply #525 on: Apr 18, 2022, 01:23 PM »
Nice Pat.  We need to link up soon and beat up the farmington.

lowaccord66

« Reply #526 on: Apr 21, 2022, 08:15 PM »
Finally a double digit morning.  Found a pod of stockies and let them have it.  They were eating the dropper (sexy walts) and the point fly (pats rubber legs) equally.  Cold morning but it didnt matter.  Also caught this oddball.  I know people like the novelty I hate these dumb things....

bogtrotter

« Reply #527 on: Apr 21, 2022, 08:36 PM »
Finally a double digit morning.  Found a pod of stockies and let them have it.  They were eating the dropper (sexy walts) and the point fly (pats rubber legs) equally.  Cold morning but it didnt matter.  Also caught this oddball.  I know people like the novelty I hate these dumb things....

Two things.

First, there's really a fly called a "sexy walts"?  Really?

Second, what is the oddball?  It looks kinda like a rainbow, but where did the orange come from?

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #528 on: Apr 21, 2022, 10:26 PM »
Two things.

Second, what is the oddball?  It looks kinda like a rainbow, but where did the orange come from?
People call them golden trout. I don't know the technical name.

lowaccord66

« Reply #529 on: Apr 22, 2022, 01:53 AM »
Palmino is what some people call them.  Funny thing is the water was so high I couldnt see the fish, normally you can pick them out pretty easy.

Jim - walts worm = no hot spot (bright collar of thread near the bead)  Sexy walts = hot spot.

westernmas

« Reply #530 on: Apr 22, 2022, 12:43 PM »
Two things.

It's another cross breed similar to a tiger trout.  It is the product of breeding rainbows with golden trout.

The names of flies have become increasingly ridiculous IMO.  As evidence of Kelly Galloup's Sex Dungeon streamer.  It started out as a walt's worm and they added colored thread to the collar and now its a "sexy walts".
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

westernmas

« Reply #531 on: Apr 30, 2022, 06:50 AM »
Got out after work yesterday for a little over a hour and put a hurting on some stockers. I managed to pull in 7 rainbows in the 11-14” range. We could already use some rain or freestone fishing won’t last long.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

bogtrotter

« Reply #532 on: Apr 30, 2022, 02:19 PM »
Seven fish in a little over an hour is one helluva day in my book!  Congratulations!

While you may well be right, I'm a little surprised you're worried about a lack of rain because the streams in my neck of the woods still seemed kinda "up" today - - although I admit it's still early in the season.

lowaccord66

« Reply #533 on: May 02, 2022, 07:14 AM »
Got out yesterday am and lost count by 730 on recently stocked pellet heads.  One wild brown to make my day.

Healthy bows.  Jim this was the big rock spot we fished on the farmington in peoples forest.

bogtrotter

« Reply #534 on: May 02, 2022, 07:46 AM »
Got out yesterday am and lost count by 730 on recently stocked pellet heads.  One wild brown to make my day.
Healthy bows.  Jim this was the big rock spot we fished on the farmington in peoples forest.

Great looking fish!  Sounds like an awesome day out on the stream,

Steve H.

« Reply #535 on: May 02, 2022, 07:56 AM »

Nice fish!  Hoping to have similar success on the Deerfield in a couple weeks.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

lowaccord66

« Reply #536 on: May 02, 2022, 11:15 AM »
Nice fish!  Hoping to have similar success on the Deerfield in a couple weeks.

Good luck.  Always willing to show you what I know on the farmington.  Usually euro nymphing but do it all aside from drys.

Steve H.

« Reply #537 on: May 02, 2022, 12:43 PM »
Good luck.  Always willing to show you what I know on the farmington.  Usually euro nymphing but do it all aside from drys.

For the Deerfield trip, was thinking about picking up an entry-level Echo 10' 3 wt.  Otherwise I'll be nymphing with an older 9' 4wt that I don't particularly enjoy any more.  (For dries and streamers, I have a couple sweet Sage setups.)

I'd love to try the Farmington sometime, thanks for the offer. 

It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

lowaccord66

« Reply #538 on: May 02, 2022, 08:23 PM »
Ive heard good things about the Echo, dont think you could go wrong there.

I made it out this evening on the housy.  4 rainbows, 1 brown.  1040 cfs, first time it was low enough to wade safely.  Nymphed first then threw a mouse for a bit.  Mouse got popped once but no fish.

lowaccord66

« Reply #539 on: May 05, 2022, 07:24 AM »
Fished last night on the housy, flow wnet up a bit to 1180 but was managable.  3 browns and 3 bows.  A nice night with clouds and showers.  I think the challenging wading and the largeness of the river makes for an exciting evening. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.