FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Rod Chronicles  (Read 100517 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Long Rod Chronicles
« Reply #735 on: Jun 21, 2023, 08:53 PM »
Beautiful fish Pat.

I hit the housy for a few hours.  Caught a handful if browns, couple bows and a few smallies.  Had one double, brown on the tag fly and a smallie on the point fly.

westernmas

« Reply #736 on: Jun 23, 2023, 08:43 AM »
Thanks Jon.  I had tried the housy up in Lee after the east branch.  The rain storms had the water super stained so after losing a couple flies on debris I called it quits.

I must also congratulate mass wildlife for stocking some beautiful brookies this year.  This is the second one of this caliber that I have caught this year.  I'm usually quick to criticize their stocking program as it is geared to put and taking fishing but they do stock some sizeable trout of various kinds.

Jon, you see the FRAA club stocked some kamloop rainbows in the farmy this year?  All in the 3lb-8lb range!?  I know they stock them in the housy but this is the first I'm hearing of them being stocked in the farmy.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #737 on: Jun 23, 2023, 11:45 AM »
First time Ive heard them stock kamloops strain bows there.  Can confirm they fight exceptionally well.  Same size stocked into the housy.  Ive landed a few.  Pretty bows for tank scrubbers.

Steve H.

« Reply #738 on: Jun 23, 2023, 03:48 PM »
Pretty bows for tank scrubbers.

Kinder words have seldom been spoken.  Gotta get down there sometime.  Keep sayin' that.  ???
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

v menzone

« Reply #739 on: Jun 23, 2023, 07:43 PM »
Beautiful fish Pat.

I hit the housy for a few hours.  Caught a handful if browns, couple bows and a few smallies.  Had one double, brown on the tag fly and a smallie on the point fly.
jon there's plenty of real fish in the ocean rather then the trout u keep targeting

lowaccord66

« Reply #740 on: Jun 23, 2023, 08:20 PM »
jon there's plenty of real fish in the ocean rather then the trout u keep targeting

Sure is. Sponsor my lower unit and I'll wrap my boat with the name of your business. 

lowaccord66

« Reply #741 on: Jun 23, 2023, 08:20 PM »
Kinder words have seldom been spoken.  Gotta get down there sometime.  Keep sayin' that.  ???

Come on down.  Pick a river, housy or farmington and Ill show you the little bit I know.

Steve H.

« Reply #742 on: Jun 26, 2023, 07:14 AM »
Come on down.  Pick a river, housy or farmington and Ill show you the little bit I know.

Thanks Jon.  Do those rivers fish decent through the summer?  Or gotta wait til fall at this point?
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

lowaccord66

« Reply #743 on: Jun 26, 2023, 08:38 AM »
Thanks Jon.  Do those rivers fish decent through the summer?  Or gotta wait til fall at this point?

Few weeks window now till trico's start up and my average catch rate goes down a bit.  The farmington generally fishes well.  The housy gets interesting because the smallies mix in (and have already).  The evening hatches have been solid.  Some iso's starting. 

Fall is productive with the browns getting fired up for spawn.  Mousing is nearing the optimal time.  (Maybe ill go tonight)

lowaccord66

« Reply #744 on: Jul 03, 2023, 07:40 PM »
Fished the Catskills today.  Hit the willowemoc from 6am until 1pm.  Good news is the browns kept me busy most of the day.  Bad news is I lost my tipet holder that had 6 spools on it.  Hopefully someone cool finds it.  Checked out the beaverkill but didnt fish it.  Probably landed 20 or so browns, most 9-12".

bogtrotter

« Reply #745 on: Jul 03, 2023, 08:11 PM »
The Willowemoc is one of those legendary trout streams that I keep meaning to fish one day.

Glad to hear it lived up to its reputation for you.

lowaccord66

« Reply #746 on: Jul 04, 2023, 08:17 AM »
The Willowemoc is one of those legendary trout streams that I keep meaning to fish one day.

Glad to hear it lived up to its reputation for you.

It was on my bucket list.  Jim you'd love it.  Catch rates were similar to our last trip but the wild browns were mostly that 9-12" range.

lowaccord66

« Reply #747 on: Jul 11, 2023, 02:21 PM »
Long rod chronicles are on hold until further notice.

Both of my local rivers peaked around 8000 cfs.  Normal flows would be around 400.  I fished the farmington the night before the rain at about 600.  Drove past yesterday it was 10x that level.

It might be trico season before its fishable again.

westernmas

« Reply #748 on: Jul 13, 2023, 08:40 AM »
West branch is a tad high but very fishable. I imagine the east branch should be shaping up well also. Got a couple bows on heavy streamers in between more rain storms yesterday. Fat one was actually pulling some drag in the stronger current.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #749 on: Jul 13, 2023, 09:47 AM »
Nicely done Pat, I figured everything was blown out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.