FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Some more advice to a moron.....  (Read 2573 times)

walkerd

• Cherish each day you dont know when it will end!!
Some more advice to a moron.....
« on: Mar 18, 2010, 07:01 AM »
I wanted to try trolling for crappies this year, and please don't laugh  :D ::) you can but how exactly do you do it ???????  My crappie fishing has been dead sticking over a bobber with minnows. Would love to learn how to troll for me.

thanks alot for any advice and explanations given.
Dave

SebagoSlayer

Re: Some more advice to a moron.....
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2010, 07:05 AM »
I've personally have never trolled for crappies. But i have trolled for white perch and i'm thinking it might be similar. We just troll 7 foot rods with light tackle. Small spinners tipped with a worm. Or even just a plain hook with a worm on it with it's tail trailing

fishermantim4

« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2010, 07:22 AM »
i saw in an article a pro was trolling spider rigs with minnows. the hooks were basically a spreader rig, but the weight was an egg sinker in the middle of the hooks. he would use plain aberdeen hooks, or aberdeen spinners with minnows. keeping tight to sudden drop offs. ill see if i can find the article for ya
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

popnfish

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2010, 10:05 AM »
I've long lined with the small rapalas and/or jig n twistertail with success

Fishslayer81

« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2010, 10:16 AM »
All you do is take a 1 1/16 jig head, put a crappie tube of your color on it. Use 4-6lb line, and back troll it in 10-14fow... A friend of mine catches perch, crappie, bluegill, bass, and walleyes through out late spring, summer and fall.  Turkey lake is a prime lake for this technique in may!!
Gone Catchin!

RiverRedneck

• KEEP HIS HEAD UP!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2010, 12:25 PM »
road runners work good, sometimes tip em with a minnow.

Shadrap

• Addicted to Fishin
« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2010, 07:36 PM »
Do it every year but usually don't start until llate June when they've move out of the shallows thru October.  Every lake is different and has different patterns but I  usually target water 12-20ft off the breaks with no. 7 shadraps and mid size big O's trollin real slow.. trollin motor slow.  Depending on 6 or 8lb line I'll get down in the 12-14ft range.  Get some nice perch on those cranks also.

Last Cast 69

« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2010, 07:44 PM »
small husky jerks. real slow. and twitch em.

ss307

« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2010, 09:05 PM »
I SPIDER RIG EVERY YEAR ON KENTUCKY LAKE AND REELFOOT LAKE. ALL YOU NEED IS A 1/2 OZ EGG SINKER A BEAD TO PUT BETWEEN THE SINKER AND THE SWIVEL TO STOP THE SINKER FROM BANGING ON THE NOT A 18'' LEADER AND A GOLD SIZE 6 HOOK. SET THE ROD HOL;DERS IN THE FRONT OF THE BOAT IF YOU HAVE A BOW MOUNT TROLLING MOTOR. AND PUTTS AROUND REAL SLOW. YOU CAN BUY SPIDER RIG ROD HOLDERS THAT HOLD UP TO 6 RODS AT WWW.GRIZZLYJIG.COM.   HOPE THIS HELPS. I SPIDER RIG FOR PERCH ON LAKE MICHIGAN ALSO.

walkerd

• Cherish each day you dont know when it will end!!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 19, 2010, 05:39 AM »
thanks for the responses, now let me get this straight in my pea brain. You back troll with rods in front my first question why do you back troll????? And you just stick them in the rod holders and wait for rod to go heavy right? Told ya you had to draw me a picture  ;D ive really never done it and have never seen it done to any degree. thanks to all you guys for helping me out.

dave

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Mar 19, 2010, 06:01 AM »
Its done with 9 and 10 foot rods mounted to the bow of the boat pointing straight out in a fan shape..Lines are set to a level you think the fish are at and slowly move around with the electric motor...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

GOOBERGOMEZ

« Reply #11 on: Mar 19, 2010, 06:28 AM »
 I PREFER TO DRIFT UNLESS THERE ARE CALM CONDITIONS, THE KEY W/CRAPPIES IS TO KEEP MOVING.

AKAGAZOO

« Reply #12 on: Mar 19, 2010, 11:07 PM »
 Trolling, spider rigging, and drift fishing are all great ways to fish depending on the conditions.........IMO
h

hotdog

« Reply #13 on: Mar 22, 2010, 10:27 AM »
thanks for the responses, now let me get this straight in my pea brain. You back troll with rods in front my first question why do you back troll????? And you just stick them in the rod holders and wait for rod to go heavy right? Told ya you had to draw me a picture  ;D ive really never done it and have never seen it done to any degree. thanks to all you guys for helping me out.

dave
ss307 is right i do the same when i fish realfoot or the salimonie sense it is in my back door. tube jigs, curly grubs all the way stay away from using minnows

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.