FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Just one fish . . .  (Read 960 times)

bogtrotter

Just one fish . . .
« on: Oct 15, 2017, 04:12 PM »
but it was a beauty!

I fished the South Hoosic in Adams,from a little above the Old Stone Mill bridge to ALADCO, for about an hour and a half this afternoon.

Another day in Paradise . . . sunny, blue skies, 72 degrees and a little breezy,with optimal water levels.

I had a middling (11"?) rainbow follow my bait in as I was reeling it in below the little "falls" near the OSM.

When I realized I was retrieving my line too fast for the bow to keep up, I paused, and it "nipped" my bait but then swam away and wouldn't come back.

I waded downstream and fished below another waterfall a little below Elm Rock.

About this time I noticed the "nut" (not the right word, but it'll do) that holds the handle to my reel in place was missing, but I could still cast and retrieve, so I kept fishing.

Needless to say, I'm glad I did, because a couple minutes later, I tied into a big fish lying under a submerged log. After a helluva fight, in which my opponent "dug" for the bottom the whole time, I landed a nice 16" brown.

I kept fishing downstream to ALADCO,and then tried a few more spots on my way back upstream to my car, without getting any more strikes. But that's OK - - I wouldn't want to get greedy.

zwiggles

Re: Just one fish . . .
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2017, 05:50 PM »
Nice! That’s a great fish out of a river!

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2017, 07:13 PM »
I'll bet that brown had some nice color to is this time of year!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2017, 10:29 AM »
Nice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.