FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trolling for Rainbow Trout.  (Read 3536 times)

fishawaka

Trolling for Rainbow Trout.
« on: Apr 30, 2006, 07:30 AM »
I got my Five trout took me about three hours.using J-5 perch- J-5 Gold Fi Red -J-5 Silver all Rapala jointed plugs. Trolling speed about 1.3 to 1.5 down about 40ft to 56ft.The wind was strong Saturday,water was 53 to 57 Temp. Man it was fun watching them jump out of the water

Fishingking

Re: Trolling for Rainbow Trout.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2006, 07:34 AM »
Awesome Bows how big were they?
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

fishawaka

« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2006, 07:39 AM »
Awesome Bows how big were they?
the board is 14 inches

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2006, 12:20 PM »
the board is 14 inches

If you're trolling Oliver or Clear are you seeing any browns? We (NEITA) have been planting them in Oliver for several years now. Clear in Steuben county got it's first planting last fall. Remember there is an 18 inch size limit on the browns with a one fish bag limit on Oliver and may be in the future on Clear. An 8 pound brown was taken out of Oliver the year before last icefishing by a retired conservation officer that lives on the lake.

If you're interested in the planting of browns you may want to consider becoming a member of NEITA. The state won't plant browns in other than the Lake Michigan which have a better trophy potential than rainbows. 

Here's a tip on catching browns in the Oliver Lake chain (used to fish it regularly since 1974 and have taken browns to 5 lbs.):

The browns are more bottom oriented than the rainbows in Oliver which suspend a lot. Last time I was out I got them on a slip bobber a crawler a foot off the bottom in about 26 feet of water close to the public access where it comes out into the lake. Bottom bouncers would work well also slowly following the breaks at that depth.

Here's our website: www.indianatrout.com
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

finfan

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 09:48 AM »
Nice Trout.  Where did you get them?

taxid

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 08:39 AM »
Nice Trout.  Where did you get them?

Not sure he wants to say.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.