FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: HELP!!  (Read 2926 times)

crappieslayer22

• the kayak fisherman
HELP!!
« on: May 03, 2006, 08:47 PM »
i got loads of huge carp in a shallow lake near me and i can seem to catch them there all over 20 pounds please help :-\
Loren .W.

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
Re: HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 08:28 AM »
Try canned corn on a hair rig.  Check out www.carpuniverse.com.  If it still exists you'll find all the info you'll ever need.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

Reel Wet Ride

• Team Michigan
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 09:27 AM »
I found the best way to catch carp is from shore, unless you can find a way to anchor your boat so it sits dead still. I use a light set up with maybe 6lb, and a long, light action rod. Set a fairly light drag unless your near heavy cover. I use a small simple j hook, then thread on 2 or 3 kernels of canned corn. You can also take about half a can and chum it out in the area you plan on fishing. I use just a simple sinker slip rig, then wait for the bite.  In a river situation I anchor up river then use the same set up, only I nose hook a nightcrawler and let it "swim" in the current.....if you can't catch them during the day try the same spot @ night.

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 02:39 PM »
throw a bunch of corn out in the water, chum for them, then hook on a few pieces and throw it in the middle of ur chum on the bottom and wait

Fishing is life

MIRC!

crappieslayer22

• the kayak fisherman
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 02:59 PM »
thank you
Loren .W.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.