FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Please Protect your Assets  (Read 2510 times)

harvey69

Please Protect your Assets
« on: Jul 14, 2006, 11:23 PM »
Just wanted to send out a word of CAUTION to all of us hard working fishermen/women. Last night I had my outboard engine stolen of the Transom of my boat. I woke up this morning and was on my roof doing some  shingling and noticed that there was something missing from my boat.  They cut the wires including a 1" wire that was used to hold the handles from turning.  Please be aware that people are out there doing this and for all you  A$$'s that buy stolen merchandise I hope yours is next. I just finished a complete overhaul on the hull and motor. It has been on the water once. It was a small boat but alot of hard work has been spent on it and unfortunatley SGI will probably give me about 1000 dollars which will be about 500 after a deductable. It might cover the cost of the carpet and seat repairs.
Thanks for my rant and if anyone has a good engine between 30 and 50 Hp please contact me however I do not have a lot to spend.   
Thanks for reading my rant
Harv

chicksthatfish

• fish now, work later
Re: Please Protect your Assets
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2006, 06:29 AM »
Where do you reside,  Harvey69?  ( my motor is old and wont work most of the time,  they could have it really)  But it  will be something to watch out for!!!!!!!  What kinda motor so we can all keep our ears open for cheap motors!!!!!

harvey69

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2006, 11:16 AM »
Hey I have lots of crap around that they could have had.  It was a Johnson 33 Electric  start.  It was older but that was the point...We were doing a complete restore to have a fun Vintage boat.
Harv

harvey69

« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2006, 11:18 AM »
By the way I am in Regina.

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2006, 04:06 PM »
Same thing happened to my brother in law, he had a 35 Johnson dissapear while he was at work one day. :cursing:

adipose

« Reply #5 on: Jul 17, 2006, 12:07 AM »
why not post a pic of your boat engine on this site so that all folks can keep one eye open on the Sask. lakes this yr. you would be surprised how quick a dummy will want to use that motor.Good luck

harvey69

devil-man

« Reply #7 on: Jul 17, 2006, 04:58 AM »

harvey69

« Reply #8 on: Jul 18, 2006, 12:44 AM »
It was definatly not done alone that is forsure. That is an older pic of it the boat has been completely redone since then.
I have an insurance claim in now hopefully they will come through for me with another engine.
harv

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.