FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: the Chase  (Read 24486 times)

archbishop

Re: the Chase
« Reply #30 on: Sep 19, 2006, 09:11 AM »
Bottom line?....Team racing sucks...especially when it comes down to the crunch (Chase for the Championship). If I was Vickers, I wouldnt have moved over either. As far as Stewart letting faster cars go by?...seems to me he finished 2nd!!! whatever happened to a little bit of blocking to protect your position? The 25 car could have contended for a win. Annnnnnnnd....the 29 and 31 cars had an unfair advantage which has since been closed....sounds like a Berrier version of bleeder valves with the trick slotted rims to keep the tire pressures down.... ;D ;D  Grump

grump? again, do you watch the races? stewart did finish second, but he didnt start up there, he was staying out of the chasers way, and he would gingerly go around any he came upon, he even talked about hating driving that way but he didnt want to be the guy who screwed up the chaser because he remembers people getting in and out of his way last year, heck if tony was his old self and in the chase, he may have won, and like i said grump, gordon didnt fight tony for position because tony was faster and he let him go :tipup:

and no, if you watched the race, the 25 was not a contender to win :tipup:

i know vickers was a good busch driver, but hes not a good nextel driver, remember, no one wanted vickers, ricky talked everyone into it, sad to say, ricky is gone and vickers contract is up, i see even worse things for him at toyota, only time will tell, but i think toyota has him to fill a seat until a good driver jumps ship over to toyota :-\

CNY Farmer

« Reply #31 on: Sep 19, 2006, 09:23 AM »
grump? again, do you watch the races? stewart did finish second, but he didnt start up there, he was staying out of the chasers way, and he would gingerly go around any he came upon, he even talked about hating driving that way but he didnt want to be the guy who screwed up the chaser because he remembers people getting in and out of his way last year, heck if tony was his old self and in the chase, he may have won, and like i said grump, gordon didnt fight tony for position because tony was faster and he let him go :tipup:

and no, if you watched the race, the 25 was not a contender to win :tipup:

i know vickers was a good busch driver, but hes not a good nextel driver, remember, no one wanted vickers, ricky talked everyone into it, sad to say, ricky is gone and vickers contract is up, i see even worse things for him at toyota, only time will tell, but i think toyota has him to fill a seat until a good driver jumps ship over to toyota :-\

Thats why the chase sucks!!!!! It's like the other drivers out there now shouldn't even be there... And NO I didn't see the race Sunday...Why should  other drivers drive any differntly now than before??? Saying they don't want to be responsible for "wrecking" a chaser what the hell is that??? They should have 2 races now the ones that are in the chase and then one for everyone   else 
I'd rather be fishing instead of milking!!!!

archbishop

« Reply #32 on: Sep 19, 2006, 09:50 AM »
in a way your right CNY, they shouldnt drive any different, but any other time if a faster car comes up from behind you and try's to go around, unless he is near you in points, you concied the position, especially for a teamate, if the guy is near you in points, or you battling for a championship then you fight with him, and its really weird for vickers because up until sunday, he was a great teamate, maybe even to wimpy or timid around the other hendrick drivers, i think thats what gets me the most is how out of character it is for vickers to do that ??? i mean, he only fought gordon? and no other drivers on his way back to 5th ???

esox slayer

« Reply #33 on: Sep 19, 2006, 10:06 AM »
    i mean, he only fought gordon?

Maybe flame boy is the only guy he figured he could whip in a fistfight if it came down to it.....
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

grumpymoe

« Reply #34 on: Sep 19, 2006, 10:26 AM »
grump? again, do you watch the races? stewart did finish second, but he didnt start up there, he was staying out of the chasers way, and he would gingerly go around any he came upon, he even talked about hating driving that way but he didnt want to be the guy who screwed up the chaser because he remembers people getting in and out of his way last year, heck if tony was his old self and in the chase, he may have won, and like i said grump, gordon didnt fight tony for position because tony was faster and he let him go
...Arch...Arch...Arch....I sure did watch the race....dont recall Stewart hanging back and staying out of the way....on the contrary, he got the heck out of the rear of the field and was in the top 15 rather quickly....sure did talk about racing the chasers, but he didnt waste any time dumping flame boy to 3rd did he? lol....and if he would have had a shot at Harvick, he too would have been passed...guess everyone has a different perspective on what actually happens during a race and thats good I guess...Grump

archbishop

« Reply #35 on: Sep 19, 2006, 10:30 AM »
grump? i said he went by gordon without a fight? he (tony) was the faster car? and i also said that if stewart wasnt trying to be nice to the chasers he probably would have won? not a different perspective on the race, just a different reading style on what people type? its all there in the post of mine you highlighted but didnt read clearly :tipup:

Eye Hunter

« Reply #36 on: Sep 19, 2006, 11:32 AM »
All the talk here and not much said about Kasey Kahne, he's the spoiler here, Go Kasey !!!!!!!!!     ;D

archbishop

« Reply #37 on: Sep 19, 2006, 11:48 AM »
All the talk here and not much said about Kasey Kahne, he's the spoiler here, Go Kasey !!!!!!!!!     ;D

nah, i dont see it this year, his time will come, even as a Gordon fan, its kinda hard to bet against Harvick this year :tipup:

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #38 on: Sep 19, 2006, 12:53 PM »
I don't know who said it, but the big time racers don't like the chase, but it's here to stay, so they deal with it.  I don't like the fact that these guys drive different, but everyone has their own agenda, chase or no chase. One of the many great things in NASCAR is the fact that we can hear what the drivers have to say at all times, or most of the time anyway. The Networks control who you hear and who you don't if you don't have trackpass and that stuff. I believe they have a lot of control over how a driver is perceived. By letting us here Gordon's anger at Vickers, they give me and Esox fuel to bust on Flame Boy. By letting us hear Tony complain, they can put a bad face on him as well. It is all somewhat produced to get a skewed perception.

Mike

archbishop

« Reply #39 on: Sep 19, 2006, 01:05 PM »
oh i totally agree, they can definitely put a different spin on things, even let us hear what someone says at an inopportune time :-\ but they need the controversays, it gets ratings, if people start liking Gordon, hell would freeze, look at all the emphasis they put on Edwards anytime he was near someone, there a battle for the lead, yet they are showing Edwards a lap down getting passed by stewart who is on the lead lap,, whoever won the racegets less attention than the interview with stewart and Edwards getting asked how they felt when they seen each other in the rear view etc... its all about ratings, heck they have so many commercials during a race that it seems the only time they come back from commercial is when there is a wreck ??? so majority of the fans only get to see the contraversay :tipup:

as most know i don't like the chase, if JJ and happy race their buts off all year to get way out front, then they deserve to stay out there, if people like Gordon, Kenseth, and JR cant get up there to challenge for the championship on there own, then tuff crap, race better next year :-\ i enjoy the racing, if my guy doesn't perform, then he doesn't deserve a championship, PERIOD :tipup: but now, hell people that were 400+ points out and skimmed by all year now have a chance to win it all, they are rewarding mediocrity for ratings :tipup: and yes, Gordon is included in that statement :tipup:

esox slayer

« Reply #40 on: Sep 25, 2006, 06:26 AM »
Well...Shrub and Kahne have pretty much resigned themselves to the fact that they're out of contention for the cup this year.  Sorry to see Kahne eliminated (in theory) so quickly this year, the kid is a good clean racer and seems to not be afflicted with the arrogance that Shrub is cursed with.  Now Shrub on the other hand being out of it doesn't hurt my feelings at all, nice to see him right down there with his partner JJ....'bout time for Flame Boy to have a poor run and drop him down as well, I think his hot streak is done......I know Arch will tell us different, ...Kenseth is ticked, Reiser is upset over his decision, Junior is not having the luck he needs to keep him in contention much longer.

Already looks like RCR is going to step down their engine program for the remainder of the chase, Between Burton winning yesterday and Harvick blowing the motor, this combination may just get them squared away enough to make either of them win the chase.

That late caution yesterday in the middle of green flag pit stops hurt a lot of people, the outcome of the race would have been entirely different if a lot of the front runners didn't get caught one lap down.....it was nice to see Burton win again even though I'm not a big fan of his....

archbishop

« Reply #41 on: Sep 25, 2006, 08:04 AM »
what the heck are you talking about ??? gordons hot streak is just starting :tipup:

and to bad the front runners got caught a lap down? heck, thats all they talked about for 40 laps, how dumb a pit strategy the front runners were on, if you want to call them front runners, they were the mid-pack runners until a pit strategy put them to front runners, and then put them back where they belong, front runners, thats funny :laugh: anyway, they tried, it didnt work, like we all knew it wouldnt, and the bonehead move of the day goes to the 17, if they would have come in, with the front running and fastest car when everyone else did, they would have won, they knew everyone else was close or a no go on fuel, yet for some reason they stayed out? even if a couple others chanced it, they still had time and speed to get back up front ??? then matt was told he was fine on gas and race away? he used alot of fuel racing burton, he may have had a top 5 if his crew didnt assure him he was fine on fuel, all it takes is, your about out, let the 31 go and just coat the last couple laps :tipup:

esox slayer

« Reply #42 on: Sep 25, 2006, 08:09 AM »
I'm busting your chops Arch on Flame-O..but my prediction is that he has a dismal 2nd half of the chase and finishes the year 4th,

I didn't watch the race yesterday, but kept up on nascar.com...all those guys like Martin who were running around around 4th or so who pitted and then got caught a lap down, hell, there were only 10 cars left on the lead lap when the caution flew so 30 some cars had pitted under green.....I like the green flag pit stops in one way but in another it sucks.....

archbishop

« Reply #43 on: Sep 25, 2006, 08:11 AM »
I'm busting your chops Arch on Flame-O..but my prediction is that he has a dismal 2nd half of the chase and finishes the year 4th,

thats my worry, the last 3 tracks are the only 3 he hasnt won on :'( but he already won on a track this year he hasnt won on before, so maybe there's hope ???

esox slayer

« Reply #44 on: Oct 01, 2006, 06:08 PM »
How 'bout that 24 car at Kansas??  Awesome!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.