FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: shore fishing the river in quapelle  (Read 10951 times)

Big Burk

Re: shore fishing the river in quapelle
« Reply #30 on: Jun 11, 2007, 03:02 AM »
was out sunday, fished the river all day, nothing only a couple light hits. but it might of been the hot-cold-hot weather we had this weekend that screwed em up

Big Burk

« Reply #31 on: Jun 17, 2007, 10:18 PM »
was out today, and got skunked. looks like the walleyes will be really hard to catch this year, god $#@% reserve is making the same land claim they made 3 years ago and are lowering the lake >:( >:( >:( this winter could also be really crappy. only things that are hitting out there are pike and perch right now. god d**n it they should of learned from the first time they drained the lake like this, killed alot of fish and took 2 years to get it back to good fishing >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

friendly fishing

• Keep the fish on the hook
« Reply #32 on: Jun 19, 2007, 12:42 AM »
now now Big Burk your comment on the reserve is just a little racist you might wanna back off and do some apologizing cause it isn't very nice to see comments like that on here especially since this is suppose to be about fishing not what the reseve is doing about the land claims
River Fishing Rules

ran7ger

« Reply #33 on: Jun 19, 2007, 07:47 AM »
don't sense any racism in his comments myself, just strong words on a controversial topic that have been posted on a public opinions forum.  no harm, no foul!

B - what is the reasoning for draining the lake?
got a fish on the line and my boat on the water
and it's gettin' near time to take the cows to the slaughter

Big Burk

« Reply #34 on: Jun 19, 2007, 02:34 PM »
friendly fishing i wasnt being racist, i have lots of native friends and they feel the same way about it, pointless stupid and it will really hurt the fishing for at least 1-2 years.

the reason they are dropping the lakes down so they have "more land". they did this a few years ago and it did a number on the fishing, already the shores are weeded in and its not even july yet :'( i havent hooked into a walleye for 3 weeks and one of the guides there said they have only caught a few really small ones mixed in with the perch in the past two and a half weeks.

i am just gonna laugh when they start complaining about the fishing next year just like they did last time. i wasnt gonna buy a motor bike this year but seems like i will have to so i can go to different lakes unless i buy a better boat. hopefully the walleye fishing will pick up soon. and i havent seen a carp there this year yet and last year i landed over 30 by this time :'( gonna be a crappy year in the valley if things dont pick up.

the only fish that seem to be biting are pike and perch right now, not very many walleyes are coming out right now so just a heads up to anybody who goes fishing in the next few weeks it might be really slow.

p.s. sorry if any of my posts sound harsh but i am really p#$$@d off right now about this, we had such good fishing last year with an average of 50+ walleyes a day and this year has really gotten off to a bad start.

Big Burk

« Reply #35 on: Jun 23, 2007, 10:55 PM »
im heading out the door in 10min to go fishing. hopefully this storm front that just moved through turned the fish on. will post back tomorrow night with results.

Big Burk

« Reply #36 on: Jun 25, 2007, 02:57 PM »
didnt catch nothin  :-[ forgot my boat at home because i thought the river would be producing finally, well they are startin to hit at least but the lake they are catchin alot of pike and perch so this weekend will be better hopefully

Big Burk

« Reply #37 on: Jun 30, 2007, 01:02 AM »
anybody been out lately? if anybody is heading out this weekend on the river and wants to get a little get together going shoot me a pm

Big Burk

« Reply #38 on: Jul 06, 2007, 02:28 AM »
anybody been out lately? we did ok last weekend, ended up with over 70 perch, 1 walleye and a few pike.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #39 on: Jul 24, 2007, 03:07 PM »
How's the river fishing been Big Burk. Haven't heard for a while?
Boat fishing only now?

I was passing through the Fort Qu'Appelle area on Sunday and though I would take a drive around the lakes just to see the sights and a future shorefishing spot.

All the areas I stopped at were chocked with that long filamentous algae and it extended out a fair ways out. Even the areas of the river that I checked was full of it.
I think a person would be constantly cleaning hooks, and if you did get a fish you may loose it in the algae mass.

Do you know of any shorefishing spots that are algae/weed free this time of year?

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

Big Burk

« Reply #40 on: Jul 27, 2007, 01:54 AM »
i havent been out there in a few weeks been up fishing last mountain. but they are suppose to be putting the stop logs in at the dam in a few days ;D that should clear up the algea  problem. i will be at the dam sunday fishing for carp if the logs are in if not i will be on the lake and if you see a pedel boat with a trolling motor chances are its me :P but they are hitting on the lake really good, talking to the neighbour and him and his buddy caught over 60 walleye a few days ago and over 30 perch and a few jacks. and working at a gas station i talk to alot of anglers and they all have had similar results lately. good luck to those heading out

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #41 on: Jul 27, 2007, 01:22 PM »
Thanks for the info. Big Burk.
How has Lastmountain Lake been treating you, good catches?
Have you been shore or boat fishing there?

Good luck on your next fishing adventure. :)

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

Big Burk

« Reply #42 on: Aug 02, 2007, 12:22 AM »
we did ok on last mountain friend caught a couple walleye's between 4-7lbs and i only caught a few small ones, but i got 2 pike over 10lbs, one pike that was 8.8lbs and a few small ones. i went to my cabin on echo monday and tuesday and we were fishing for perch in the really shallow weeds and caught over 100 ranging from 2inches-7inches was the normal but i mangaged 2 over 12inches, one over 13 and my friends caught a couple between 10-12inches

Big Burk

« Reply #43 on: Aug 09, 2007, 12:25 AM »
anybody been out lately? hows the lakes doing? we started harvesting today and i am heading up north this weekend to do some fishing then its back to the fields from monday till wed. so the earliest i can make it out would be wednesday night. will report back this weekend from my trip up north then next week sometime when i get back from the cabin will post a report on echo and hopefully make it over to pasqua or mission.

Big Burk

« Reply #44 on: Aug 17, 2007, 03:12 AM »
anybody been out lately? I'm gonna be heading out Saturday night or Sunday night till Wednesday. I haven't made it out lately as we have been busy harvesting and i have also been busy at my other job. any reports would be great :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.