FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: shore fishing the river in quapelle  (Read 10950 times)

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
Re: shore fishing the river in quapelle
« Reply #45 on: Aug 22, 2007, 08:45 PM »
How did you make out Big Burk?

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

Big Burk

« Reply #46 on: Aug 23, 2007, 04:40 PM »
the fishing was great, caught over 150 perch, 15 walleyes, 17 pike in 3 days of fishing. the lake was to rough to fish so we focused on a few spots with rock drops and vegetation on the river and i also found a couple new spots. heading back out this weekend to get one more trip in before school starts again :P

Big Burk

« Reply #47 on: Aug 26, 2007, 08:26 PM »
was out this weekend and it was slow. only 6 walleye's, 16 perch, 9 pike and a carp.

Water Wolf

« Reply #48 on: Aug 27, 2007, 05:52 PM »
Way to go Big Burk, the slower weekend is still better than a skunk. ;D

You really hammered them in your previous post, that's darn good fishing for the river. Keep them comming. :)

Has the algae cleared up at all in the river or near the shorlines of the lakes around the Fort?

WW

Big Burk

« Reply #49 on: Aug 27, 2007, 11:31 PM »
the algea wasnt bad last weekend but 2 weeks ago the water was really clear. but it will probably get bad for a few weeks and then it will be clear again if it does the same as last year. anybody fishing the tourny out there this weekend?

Big Burk

« Reply #50 on: Sep 04, 2007, 01:13 AM »
after watching the football game and the race (while at work ::) ) i headed out to my cabin sunday night. was on the lake bright and early and caught 34 perch within an hour then nothing till about 3 hours later and picked up a couple walleyes drifting minnows. then after a few hours with a few bites in between here and there i headed for the river. took my two brothers and my dad out and my youngest brother caught his first fish ever third cast, nice small pike. he followed that up with a keeper walleye and a small walleye, then another pike. i caught 6 keeper walleyes and a couple small ones along with 2 small pike and a nice 5lb pike. dad and my other brother didnt catch anything there so off we went to another spot on the river that has produced really well before. within minutes my brother had a nice 11.5 inch perch. then they stopped hitting and just followed our hooks up to shore. my dad missed a big walleye when it snapped his line. was a good day out in the valleye. heading out again next weekend if i can get off of work saturday or else it will be another one day trip. anyone else been out lately?

Water Wolf

« Reply #51 on: Sep 05, 2007, 01:22 AM »
Way to go Big Burk and family, nice going on the perch, walleye and pike. :)

WW

Big Burk

« Reply #52 on: Sep 16, 2007, 11:34 PM »
went out this weekend and did ok on the river, my dad and brother hit the river saturday and me and my friend jesse hit the lake. dad and brother caught a couple small walleyes and i caught a nice little 4lb pike on the lake. today we all went to the river in the morning, brother, dad, and jesse caught a few small pike while i was still at the cabin rigging the boat up for later in the day. i  got to the river around 10 and caught a small pike and a small walleye. after lunch me and jesse headed out for some walleye and perch on the lake and forgot to pick up some new minnows, we were only on the lake for about an hour and caught 7 small perch and i landed a nice 11inch perch. probly wont make it out next weekend because of work but it wont be long, couple more weeks and the big walleye and pike will be in the river.

Big Burk

« Reply #53 on: Sep 30, 2007, 12:22 AM »
sorry for the delayed post, but i was out on wednesday for a couple hours and caught a nice 4lb walleye, dad caught two nice pike one 2lbs and 3lbs and my brother caught two smaller pike. going out this weekend, the bigger walleyes should be in the river if not already

Big Burk

« Reply #54 on: Oct 13, 2007, 02:11 AM »
anybody heading out this weekend, i will be hitting the lake sunday around fort san.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.