FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Line Choice?  (Read 7329 times)

Esox

Re: Line Choice?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2004, 08:12 PM »
Yes, I really like it. I have some 30# fireline on two of my salt water reels. I really don't like it as well as the Power Pro. It seems stiffer and I don't like how it handles or packs on the reels. Not that it's bad...I just like PP better. It's really amazing to get a big hit on a superline....It just about rips the rod from your hand. I really like PP for jigging. You can really feel the light hits a lot better.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #16 on: Jun 01, 2004, 06:33 AM »
I think I'm gonna give it a shot real soon.  I had one rod spooled with 20lb. Iron Silk mono and am getting rid of it.  Knot strength is terrible!!  I tied improved clinch and palomar knots and both broke with ease.

I know what you mean about big strikes on super lines.  AWESOME!! I used to use Fireline when casting plugs was legal for salmon.  When a 30+lb salmon smashes your crankbait at full speed with any super line you'd better be hanging on and have your drag set right too or your gonna be making a trip to the tackle shop!  ;D
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #17 on: Jun 01, 2004, 05:19 PM »
By the way, I got out for my first serious musky outing of the year yesterday.  No takers but, I did have a nice 40"+ fish make sure I was awake by swirling at my lure at boatside.  The water clarity was real bad and it actually hit the side of the boat!!  I love musky fishing!! Even the follows are exciting. ;D  Now we just need for this retched rain to stop and the feed will be on!
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

jacksmelt

« Reply #18 on: Apr 09, 2005, 08:55 PM »
i use 30lb stealth.  works great!!
PARADISE IS A 5LB. SALMON ON A 5WT. FLYROD!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.