FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PSE Kingfisher?  (Read 4825 times)

Brock

PSE Kingfisher?
« on: Mar 13, 2009, 07:25 PM »
I just bought new kingfisher from cabelas. I got it put together and set up for bowfishing.  The question I have is.  When I draw it back its seems like the draw length is to short on it. Do I just need to pull harder to get it back farther? or could there be sumthing wrong with it.  Ive never had a recurve before, so I dont want to do some thing that could break it. 

Skipper4080

• Pay attention to the planer,don't you miss em'
Re: PSE Kingfisher?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2009, 07:29 PM »
Well I build recurves for a hobby,your draw length will be about 1 1/2inches shorter than a compound,if you are not sure how to shoot it,buy instinctive shooting dvd by Fred Asbell,it will help you very much.
Never get excited,there's a reason for everything,I just don't know what it is!!

Brock

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2009, 07:39 PM »
Thanks for the info. That sounds about right. Id say its about a inch and a half to 2 inchs short.  So maybe there isnt anything wrong with it. Im just not use to how it feels.  Thanks again!

panfishman13

• it's what i do!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2009, 06:45 PM »
i really want to try bowfishing, but the gear is too expensive for me, what to do? i have a fiberglass longbow, and i can afford the arrows, what should i do about a reel?

BBK

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 2009, 08:47 PM »
i really want to try bowfishing, but the gear is too expensive for me, what to do? i have a fiberglass longbow, and i can afford the arrows, what should i do about a reel?

Tie one end of the line to your boat and hand line the fish.

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2009, 07:57 AM »
They make cheap bow fishing gear. Zebco 808 are used. All to have to do is use hose clamps to secure it to the stsabalizer. Just make sure you push the button befor you shoot.

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #6 on: Jun 28, 2009, 08:49 AM »
I hit the flea markets, antique shops and garage sales as much as possible for a lot of my fishing gear. I just bought an old hand line reel and arrow with the line and bow clamp at an antique shop in Yankton, SD. for $5. Amazing how cheap stuff goes for at places like this. Like camo said the Zebco 808 prespooled with bowfishing line works well, I have one on one of the compounds I use and like it.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Stuck-on-Seven

« Reply #7 on: Jun 29, 2009, 10:15 PM »
I bowfish quite a bit ive never used a zebco so i cant really bash on it but i like the retriever style they are a little pricey but well worth it (anywhere from 60 to 75 bucks) fiberglass arrows work well...and also i like the new ams wave roller rest thats about 20 bucks....hope you get set up and get to go out a few times im sure you will love it good luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.