FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What bait do ya use fer carp  (Read 18697 times)

SPINNERBITE

• GOT TEETH
Re: What bait do ya use fer carp
« Reply #30 on: Jun 02, 2008, 11:20 AM »
Great minds, I guess....I went for Walleye this morning too. Got 2 nice ones, a ton of bass and a fat pike. The smallmouth were huge. Water temps hit 62 today and they were hungry.

RG
You ended up alot better than I did......Fished with a buddy of mine.....he's alittle impatient....so my plans had to be altered.
Ended up with alot of bass .....no pike ......no walleye. Next weekend goin alone.....so I can stick with my plan and hopefully
bag a few eyes. I still cant believe it the water temp. is still not where I want it to be.......still around 58.
Oh yeah we also caught a sailboater......this guy was out on the lake in a one man sailboat........he flips it.......we were heading
for home cant figure out what the heck that object is floatin in the lake. Anyways hes sitting on top of it.....and NO life preserver
......what a GOOF...............anyways we help him get right side up and towed to shore.....amongst the white caps.
Hope that guy uses his noggin next time.
Hopefully this week I get out for some carp.......later

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #31 on: Jun 02, 2008, 02:52 PM »
There's a lot of fools out there ???

I had a "Bass Guy" tell me I was cheatin' using crawlers for bait.........even called me a "slob".

In fact, I was catching bass and he wasn't...(walleye too).

He had a nice boat though ::)

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

hoythunter

• best plce to be on the water
« Reply #32 on: Jun 02, 2008, 03:13 PM »
spinnerbite was that out on oneida at the north end?
the best place to be   on,in,or on top of the water, may your lines be tight where ever you may roam

SPINNERBITE

• GOT TEETH
« Reply #33 on: Jun 02, 2008, 05:25 PM »
spinnerbite was that out on oneida at the north end?
No,.....why was there another knucklehead in the same predicament on Oneida?

SPINNERBITE

• GOT TEETH
« Reply #34 on: Jun 02, 2008, 05:40 PM »
There's a lot of fools out there ???

I had a "Bass Guy" tell me I was cheatin' using crawlers for bait.........even called me a "slob".

In fact, I was catching bass and he wasn't...(walleye too).

He had a nice boat though ::)

RG
Heres a question for you ......what would you rather have a NICE boat or a NICE bunch of fish.......I know which one I'd choose ;D
I've had plenty of time to study these "Bass Guys" and other types of species specific fisherman.......I find'em pretty boring. A fisherman
that enjoys all types of fishing is the guy you want to have a conversation with anyway.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #35 on: Mar 22, 2009, 01:16 AM »
         PEPSI CornMeal DOUGHBALL!              :w00t:  ITHACA CARP KING!  :w00t:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
« Reply #36 on: Mar 22, 2009, 09:12 AM »
oatmeal dough ball. ;)

getthenet007

« Reply #37 on: Apr 04, 2009, 07:39 PM »
I have had luck catching them on Jigs tipped with a mr twister..  Worms and CORN.. I caught my biggest one on a tip up with a small shiner.. 41lbs on 10lb tst..

getthenet007

« Reply #38 on: Apr 09, 2009, 03:20 PM »
Here he is...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #39 on: Apr 09, 2009, 04:00 PM »
That's gotta be some kind of record through the ice. WOW!
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Stuck-on-Seven

« Reply #40 on: Jun 06, 2009, 10:08 PM »
howd you get it through the hole?? :o........oh ya i like the muzzy arrow for bait too outfishes anything else  ;D

getthenet007

« Reply #41 on: Jun 09, 2009, 10:20 AM »
Had to make the hole ALOT bigger!!! I was using a 8'' hole and he/she had a 30'' girth... I was on 3'' of crystal clear table top ice, got to watch the whole thing!

bluegillmaster2011

« Reply #42 on: Jun 09, 2009, 03:30 PM »
how big was that fish, my buddy caught a 43# a few years ago and he said it would have been the state record but it died before he weighed it or somethin, he has a picture of it on his myspace but i dont know if i can get a picture from there on here
cold morning air+ smell of exaust and the roar of the motor starting=HEAVEN

BBK

« Reply #43 on: Jun 09, 2009, 03:42 PM »
how big was that fish, my buddy caught a 43# a few years ago and he said it would have been the state record but it died before he weighed it or somethin, he has a picture of it on his myspace but i dont know if i can get a picture from there on here

The Indiana state record is 43lbs 4 oz. The fish does not need to be alive to get it certified but it will loose weight when it dies.

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
« Reply #44 on: Jun 09, 2009, 04:55 PM »
It used to be mounted in Renekers Sport Shop on St Rd 15 North in Warsaw. Dont know if it still is.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.